• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Who is our worst defender of the Emirates era?

Who is our Worst Defender of the Emirates Era?

• Mustafi

Votes: 24 24.7%
  • Kolasinac

Votes: 6 6.2%
  • Silvestre

Votes: 25 25.8%
  • Santos

Votes: 14 14.4%
  • Squillaci

Votes: 27 27.8%
  • Senderos

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Djourou

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
Silvestre was one of the worst players I’ve ever seen here.

Baffling that he managed to play and even do well at Man Utd for almost a decade. Runner up is Squillaci.

Can someone explain to me why the ref didn't blow his whistle here? Besides an anti-Arsenal bias? A clear clash of heads and he's letting play go on.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Can someone explain to me why the ref didn't blow his whistle here? Besides an anti-Arsenal bias? A clear clash of heads and he's letting play go on.

Probably would have if Koscielny went to ground. Still should have anyway.

EinmalImmerEwig

Bent on his knees by asking to get banned !
It was all the fault of the No. 18 shirt. Pascal Cygan had it, and he should be in the poll, as he was awful, but at least he looked dangerous. Then Silvestre took his shirt, and he was a Man United plant. I was in Istanbul for his 2nd game to see him score an own goal and knew the curse had struck again. We still won 5-2, and I escaped a good kicking, so the night was good, but Silvestre was abysmal. He finally left in 2010 and then Squillaci came. I didn't know much about him, but as soon as he got the No. 18 shirt the writing was on the wall. He was awful, but didn't play many games. When Nacho took his shirt I thought 'here we go again' but I think he lifted the curse, although not brilliant, he certainly doesn't deserve to be anywhere near the list.

Now, another who should be nowhere near the list is Swiss Tony. A Legend! And yes, I'm saying that because he was Swiss and he took TA's No. 6 shirt, but having met him a few times the bloke is sound. Not so sound was Djourou, who I would personally have as the worst by a long way. Having also met him I can confirm the guy is a *****, as * as his 'performances' in an Arsenal shirt.

Djourou for me by a country mile.
And I watched Jeff Blockley and Terry Mancini!

Honourable mention for Igors Stepanovs, a distant second to Djourou, an utter clown.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
@Taylor Gang Gunners not going to lie bro, I'm going to need some explanations.

The guy has two passes. Five yards and 50 yards. WHERE IS THE RANGE?!

Did you see him for Schalke? He looked a completely different proposition. Played fantastically LB, CB and DM. Plus, when he first came in he was excellent- he scored a few goals, including a winner against Chelski in the Community Shield.
Look at this gem

#you'vebeenkola'd

:lol: well done lad. A small win is still a win. I’m glad you went with that hashtag instead of undermining the one that changed the face of this forum. I salute you sir.

Gunners1616

David Luiz for me, without hesitation. Especially considering his salary.

Where is he on the list ?

The disrespect for Djourou and Senderos is real. They were more than decent backups for a many years. Don't forget Senderos was bossing for us against Juventus in 2006 in the LDC and even agins Villareal on the 2nd leg.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
How the **** can there be a choice other than Mustafi? Him and Cech almost singlehandedly took us out of top four and Mustafi has done his best to keep us out since. Just cause he had couple of semi-decent games since restart I can already feel his reputation being laundered clean.

Pop Tart

Established Member
Mustafi as i still cannot get over a midget in aguero out jumping him for his headed goal in league cup final

GDeep™

League is very weak
Wenger spent 95M on Centre Backs, inc Mustafi, in 22 years.

So, you say, the ones who worked were probably great business, the ones who didn’t weren’t expensive anyway. It’s only Mustafi that we got badly wrong.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Wenger spent 95M on Centre Backs, inc Mustafi, in 22 years.

So, you say, the ones who worked were probably great business, the ones who didn’t weren’t expensive anyway. It’s only Mustafi that we got badly wrong.
We heard you the first 400 times you posted this sh!t.

Frankly, this is getting more tiresome than @Makingtrax NetSpend spiel :lol:

I agree with you re Mustafi though

GDeep™

League is very weak
We heard you the first 400 times you posted this sh!t.

Frankly, this is getting more tiresome than @Makingtrax NetSpend spiel :lol:

I agree with you re Mustafi though
Its not a positive or something, I’m just shocked a little.

It’s not like we spent great in CM. Or fullback, under Wenger. We signed attackers, but even those, most of the time it was after we sold others.

Arsenal as a club are happy to tread water for me.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
If you watch the build up to the Wiltord goal at old Trafford in 02, it's Silvestre who ****s up for them in the build up:lol: That was 6 ****ing years before we signed him.

Wasn't Silvestre a very good fullback for United?

We got him at his worst though, legs were gone and he didn't care anymore...we sign a lot of these players :lol:

Last edited:

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Usual suspects avoiding criticism. Vermaelen, Clichy were both ****. Lets not forget Armand Traore either although he knocked us out of the FA Cup with Notts Forest ffs.

There was a time when Vermaelen was highly rated purely on the basis that he scored a few goals. Also annoyed me how Wenger seemed to persist with him until 2013 when it was obvious Kos-Mertesacker was the way to go.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Usual suspects avoiding criticism. Vermaelen, Clichy were both ****. Lets not forget Armand Traore either although he knocked us out of the FA Cup with Notts Forest ffs.
How is Vermaelen ****?

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
How is Vermaelen ****?

He ignored Arteta who wanted to double lift the Cup in 2014, even though Verm wasn't a starter anymore, that was pretty scummy imo.

On the other hand Per demanded Arteta double lift the cup in 2015 with him, even though Mikel didn't want too, as Arteta who mostly injured that year and felt he hadn't earned it.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom