• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Who is our worst defender of the Emirates era?

Who is our Worst Defender of the Emirates Era?

• Mustafi

Votes: 24 24.7%
  • Kolasinac

Votes: 6 6.2%
  • Silvestre

Votes: 25 25.8%
  • Santos

Votes: 14 14.4%
  • Squillaci

Votes: 27 27.8%
  • Senderos

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Djourou

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Its not a positive or something, I’m just shocked a little.

It’s not like we spent great in CM. Or fullback, under Wenger. We signed attackers, but even those, most of the time it was after we sold others.

Arsenal as a club are happy to tread water for me.
Meanwhile Pep has spent over 250m his defense in three seasons.

I think Wenger would have to take a bit of the blame. He spent so much time and money on our attack and neglected the defense.

There were some good defensive signings that he overlooked in favour of his diminutive nimble footed attackers.

But I do think he performed a miracle with our defensive options post Highbury. But he doesn't escape culpability though

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
He ignored Arteta who wanted to double lift the Cup in 2014, even though Verm wasn't a starter anymore, that was pretty scummy imo.

On the other hand Per demanded Arteta double lift the cup in 2015 with him, even though Mikel didn't want too, as Arteta who mostly injured that year and felt he hadn't earned it.
I don't think rich had all that in mind when he said that.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Clichy was really good for awhile, replaced Cole pretty well for a period...never learned how to hold a line for offside though!

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Did you see him for Schalke? He looked a completely different proposition. Played fantastically LB, CB and DM. Plus, when he first came in he was excellent- he scored a few goals, including a winner against Chelski in the Community Shield.

:lol: well done lad. A small win is still a win. I’m glad you went with that hashtag instead of undermining the one that changed the face of this forum. I salute you sir.
It’s calm bro. I’ve learnt that the bundesliga is a bit of a joke league. You have to be absolutely ripping it to be a genuine top player imo.

So many of them come here and get exposed.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Kolasinac was free, hardly a poor decision to sign him. This is like the Elneny situation though, the cockup was in our decision to stick by him when it was evident he doesn't cut the mustard. Instead, we're gifting starts and contracts.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Kolasinac was free, hardly a poor decision to sign him. This is like the Elneny situation though, the cockup was in our decision to stick by him when it was evident he doesn't cut the mustard. Instead, we're gifting starts and contracts.
We renewed Kola?

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Sometimes, I keep wondering if Silvestre was a double agent for Man utd.

Probably worse than Mustafi, but Mustafi's transfer fee clinches it for him

I can't hate on Silvestre as the guy was already done by the time he came here.

Never understood Wenger's obsession with going after washed up players from rival teams. Those teams come in and take our best players in their prime smh.

It's the same with Luiz. Everyone already knows he is a **** defender. He is known more for his so called playmaking as a defender than actual defending, that should tell you all you need to know.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Mustafi doing well, which is more than can be said about his football.

EinmalImmerEwig

Bent on his knees by asking to get banned !
Quick Quiz

Name the person behind the mask for 10 points. For 10 more points name the Trophy he is holding.:lol:

fQgMfOJ.jpg

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
It's a toss up between Squillaci and Silvestre for me. We were doomed whenever those guys started or came on.
I can't remember the exact game, but Squillaci came on for an injured player in the second half of a game and he deflected the ball into our net. He was such a jinx for us.

EinmalImmerEwig

Bent on his knees by asking to get banned !
It's a toss up between Squillaci and Silvestre for me. We were doomed whenever those guys started or came on.
I can't remember the exact game, but Squillaci came on for an injured player in the second half of a game and he deflected the ball into our net. He was such a jinx for us.
Sunderland away in the FA Cup, 2012. lost 2-0
Squillaci came on 1st half after Coquelin got injured, then own goal, then got subbed himself 2nd half
He was gash

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Sunderland away in the FA Cup, 2012. lost 2-0
Squillaci came on 1st half after Coquelin got injured, then own goal, then got subbed himself 2nd half
He was gash
Thanks! I still remember seeing him getting ready on the sidelines and a feeling of impending doom came over me.

Him and Silvestre were accidents waiting to happen and I get the same feeling whenever Luiz plays.

Top Bottom