• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Who is our worst defender of the Emirates era?

Who is our Worst Defender of the Emirates Era?

• Mustafi

Votes: 24 24.7%
  • Kolasinac

Votes: 6 6.2%
  • Silvestre

Votes: 25 25.8%
  • Santos

Votes: 14 14.4%
  • Squillaci

Votes: 27 27.8%
  • Senderos

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Djourou

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
When you look at this list, you could make an argument that Mustafi is probably the best defender of this lot.
But he's also our worst defensive signing when you factor in the finance. There's no way you can argue that Senderos, Squillaci or Silvestre are better defenders than Mustafi. The problem is that Mustafi stayed on too long.

If we'd sold Mustafi in 2017 or even 2018 like it was reported, would Mustafi had been rated alongside those three?

I know Mustafi is gash(I even voted for him as our worst defender) but will Mustafi had been remembered more fondly if he'd played for one of the 2006-2013 team?

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

When you look at this list, you could make an argument that Mustafi is probably the best defender of this lot.
But he's also our worst defensive signing when you factor in the finance. There's no way you can argue that Senderos, Squillaci or Silvestre are better defenders than Mustafi. The problem is that Mustafi stayed on too long.

If we'd sold Mustafi in 2017 or even 2018 like it was reported, would Mustafi had been rated alongside those three?

I know Mustafi is gash(I even voted for him as our worst defender) but will Mustafi had been remembered more fondly if he'd played for one of the 2006-2013 team?

This is the thing Mustafi is error prone and has been a massive waste of money but **** me Squillaci was just pure ****e. Like with Mustafi he can actually go on a run of games and look somewhat decent, Squillaci was horrendous literally anytime he stepped onto the pitch. Same with Silvestre. Senderos had some decent moments but I think Drogba completely ruined him.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Wtf is this nonsense?

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Are we all just ignoring the fact that Andre Santos is on the list? Cannot believe we even signed him ffs. :lol:

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Are we all just ignoring the fact that Andre Santos is on the list? Cannot believe we even signed him ffs. :lol:
Lol
He was very good on the ball though I remember calls for him to be used further forward (we had zero wingers). Just didn’t take his conditioning or the club seriously it’s a shame.

Complete joke tbh

Last edited:

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

He has 24 caps for Brazil, fair play to the lad!
24? :lol:

Can't remember watching him play for Brazil though

I think my mind subconsciously blanked out most his time here.

The only game I can remember from him is the 5-3 win at Stamford Bridge

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

He claimed that Arsenal couldn't match his "winners" mentality :lol:

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐

Lol same, I literally remember nothing from him other than that Chelsea match and RVP shirt swap :lol:

Bloodbather

Established Member

He was their starting left-back in the 2009 Confederations Cup. Was playing for Corinthians then, made his name there. Moved to Fenerbahçe and did well for two seasons which led to the Arsenal move.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

He was their starting left-back in the 2009 Confederations Cup. Was playing for Corinthians then, made his name there. Moved to Fenerbahçe and did well for two seasons which led to the Arsenal move.
Where is he these days?

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Where is he these days?

My source told me that after Arsène beat him to death, after he swapped shirts with Van Persie...Big Wengz kept the body on ice, eventually burying it on the spot Sp**s built their new stadium, to bring them 1000 years bad luck.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka

Lol same, I literally remember nothing from him other than that Chelsea match and RVP shirt swap :lol:

He also scored a goal at the final game at WBA, when we clinched the CL in Sp**s expense with an away 3-2 win :)

It was the match when former Sp*rs keeper Martin Fulop (RIP) basically gifted us 2 cheap goals

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/17973141

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
More Andre Santos hate.

he was good on the ball as @Macho said. Was a joke one-on-one.

Went to Indian league IIRC.

He also scored a goal at the final game at WBA, when we clinched the CL in Sp**s expense with an away 3-2 win :)

It was the match when former Sp*rs keeper Martin Fulop (RIP) basically gifted us 2 cheap goals

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/17973141
he actually scored a few important goals. Don't understand the overwhelming hate.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

The VP shirt swap at half time when we were losing? (could be remembering it wrong) kinda sealed his fate. He was a liability in defensively too.

He had potential I just think wrong time wrong place, like maybe if Gilberto or someone was still here to help him settle we might have had a different player.

Top Bottom