• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Who is our worst defender of the Emirates era?

Who is our Worst Defender of the Emirates Era?

• Mustafi

Votes: 24 24.7%
  • Kolasinac

Votes: 6 6.2%
  • Silvestre

Votes: 25 25.8%
  • Santos

Votes: 14 14.4%
  • Squillaci

Votes: 27 27.8%
  • Senderos

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Djourou

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
This is the thing Mustafi is error prone and has been a massive waste of money but **** me Squillaci was just pure ****e. Like with Mustafi he can actually go on a run of games and look somewhat decent, Squillaci was horrendous literally anytime he stepped onto the pitch. Same with Silvestre. Senderos had some decent moments but I think Drogba completely ruined him.
Hard to imagine that Wenger kept getting top 4 with this type of quality.

His 'one trick pony' all out attack style did the business ever year even if we had to put up with the odd drubbing. Wonder how Klopp would be doing with Squillaci, Silvestre, Senderos, Mustafi level players at the back to cover counters. :lol:

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Can't believe Senderos got no vote :lol:

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

It’s calm bro. I’ve learnt that the bundesliga is a bit of a joke league. You have to be absolutely ripping it to be a genuine top player imo.

So many of them come here and get exposed.

Prefer the Bundesliga to most other leagues. They’ve had a lot of players who translate well over here outside of Bayern and Dortmund.

De Bruyne, Sane, Per, Dzeko and Kompany off the top of my head.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Prefer the Bundesliga to most other leagues. They’ve had a lot of players who translate well over here outside of Bayern and Dortmund.

A lot more flops I feel.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Mustafi. Too many bad "moments". Blames others. Is another player who needs a whole system built to cover his many deficiencies. He looks poor in a back five, a back four and a back three. The absence of mistakes or him winning a header is considered a good game but those five minutes near the end vs Sp**s are his level. He can't be trusted abd for £35m, was and is a complete waste of money.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Take it you aren't a big fan of Rob Holding :lol:
He's not good enough. We all **** on Mustafi, but at least a 24 year old Mustafi was streets ahead of this current 24 year old holding.

He's still the same player he was at 19. I'd even argue that he has even gotten worse. But somehow he escaped criticism. He's probably made more error per 90 minutes than Mustafi but Mustafi's get highlighted because it leads to goals.

Like Tir na nog said in the holding thread, : "Mustafi is error prone while holding is just downright shïte"

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
He's not good enough. We all **** on Mustafi, but at least a 24 year old Mustafi was streets ahead of this current 24 year old holding.

He's still the same player he was at 19. I'd even argue that he has even gotten worse. But somehow he escaped criticism. He's probably made more error per 90 minutes than Mustafi but Mustafi's get highlighted because it leads to goals.

Like Tir na nog said in the holding thread, : "Mustafi is error prone while holding is just downright shïte"

Holding was playing pretty well before the injury against United that kept him out for months. I still feel he is not yet fully fit, the same with Bellerin. Both are struggling physically and mentally to overcome their injuries. I won't give up on Holding, but I think he probably needs a season long loan to a championship side for now. Then afterwards we can evaluate if it is worth keeping him on as a squad option. Feel sorry for him and Chambers, injuries and some bad management really messed up their time here. Although I never thought either had a very high ceiling from the beginning.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Crazy that two of our worst ever defenders are still at the club.

Gotta give credit to Wenger. We played some spell-binding football with the likes of senderos, Djourou, Santos and Squillacci

Kav

Established Member
Judging solely on performances and Mistakes that were costly Mustafi.

Judging on poor defensive display.... Santos. Dude was horrible.

Slowest defender ...squillaci.

Worst tackler ...Senderos.

Giving away Penalties... Koscielny.

ALL things considered i still think Mustafi is the worst. Absolute garbage. TRASH.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan

Even for smaller clubs there's some neat ex BL players like Robin Koch for Leeds or Pascal Groß at Brighton.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
The answer is only Mustafi. The other candidates were squaddies, old guys or punts that went wrong but Mustafi was our flagship defensive signing. He was the guy the club scouted and thought he could replace Per. The club really thought this guy was the future of our club at one point. *shudders*

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

In terms of absolute worst as in the sh*ttest player it has to be Silvestre. The guy looked like he’d never played football before.

In terms of value it’s probably Mustafi once you factor in the fee and how many games he’s played but Silvestre was the worst.

Every CF from Drogba to Andy Johnson would clown him. Don’t think he had a single good game for us.

Last edited:

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I voted Sylvestre and sticking to it. Another notch against Wenger for me tbh.

Mustafi is a close second since he was a starter and the fee like said a few times.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

At some point I even genuinely thought Silvestre was united agent. Dude was solid when he played for united but turned into millstone around our neck when he came here.

Top Bottom