• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Who is our worst defender of the Emirates era?

Who is our Worst Defender of the Emirates Era?

• Mustafi

Votes: 24 24.7%
  • Kolasinac

Votes: 6 6.2%
  • Silvestre

Votes: 25 25.8%
  • Santos

Votes: 14 14.4%
  • Squillaci

Votes: 27 27.8%
  • Senderos

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Djourou

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
But overall, it has to be Mustafi. He was Marquee defensive signing we brought to solve our defensive issues and he arrived with so much fanfare.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

But overall, it has to be Mustafi. He was Marquee defensive signing we brought to solve our defensive issues and he arrived with so much fanfare.

Yeah but he has some ability and has good games from time to time. He’s probably the biggest disappointment in terms of CB signings because he always reverts to banter form.

However if you’re going for the absolute worst player Silvestre has to be the one. He had no right being on the pitch.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Looking at those names and the realisation that I've been watching the likes of them play for Arsenal for 14 years, I'm surprised that I haven't slit my wrists by now.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
what a god of a manager we had.. looking at that list and realising we played CL every year and had st totteringhams day like clockwork.

Santos for me. He was an absolute wonder.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Not sure why Djourou always end up on these lists, he wasn't that bad (not great either), and then you leave out someone like Sokratis and Luiz who were both slaughtered here on multiple occasions in a very short period they've played for us.

Kysus

Silvestre for sure. Him at LB was the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen at this club.
Wenger was crazy sometimes when it came to defenders. I can see how a signing like that might happen but then playing him 26 times?
Pure madness.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Santos was an embarrassment but he didn’t irk me as much as Sylvestre. Pure CV signing like Welbeck, but Welbeck was decent atleast.

Santos, Sylvestre, Mustafi Wenger had some real clangers man :lol:

Makavelii

I actually rate Mustafi’s general game.
It’s just his lapses in concentration and error prone’ness that are his problem. He’s actually got a lot of strengths as a defender though.
He would be a good defender if he could stamp out the errors. You can’t say that about some of the others.

Santos was the worst pure defender to my memory.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Pound for pound Mustafi.

Actual worst Big Sebastian for me. Horrible to look at horrible to watch. He was a throw back to Wengers early days when we signed some dud defenders.

Keplaz

Litchsteiner wasn't here that long but he was pretty bad during his time here. And deserves to be in this discussion. His legs were gone and he looked like an accident waiting to happen due to the pace of the league.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
How the hell is Kola on the list ahead of Traore and Bellerin (who actually worse defensively than any of the the other names on the list)? Djourou shouldnt be on the list either.

Close call between Traore, Squallaci and Bellerin but I'll for Bellerin as hes made more defensive mistakes than all the list combined.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Silvestre was the worst, no debate on that. Guy was totally washed up.

Big waste of cash was Mustafi.

Generally, we signed non established defenders or young guys to join a team struggling. It’s only now when you’re signing more established guys who then are also joining a team set up to protect them.

Gabriel has 11 player’s behind the ball protecting him.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom