• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Who is the quickest player on our books?

Lord Dula

Established Member
We all know that Henry is rapid with and of course without the ball, but I recon Kolo could take him in the old 100 metre dash.

Webdesignlab

Established Member
Dula said:
We all know that Henry is rapid with and of course without the ball, but I recon Kolo could take him in the old 100 metre dash.

Yeah maybe, although Henry runs with the ball more, whereas Kolo runs without mostly.

Still it's a good thing we have such fast players. Freddie is normally very fast also.

JazzG

Established Member
Toure said in an interview that he was 3rd fastest over 100m and that next year he wanted to improve on that and come 1st.

Adam

Established Member
Kolo could take Clichy over 100. The article described the 40 metre sprints that Wenger does in training and so Clichy would be good at the smaller distance whereas Kolo's power would come through in the latter stages. Henry still wins it though.

Freddie is the quickest over 5 yards - he's a nipper, and doesn't have the power to maintain and increase his speed further like Kolo or Thierry.

Bergkamp is suprisingly fast, as are Gilberto and Sol Campbell. Vieira and Kanu when in stride aren't as slow as people think too.

AFCG7

Established Member
2 years ago Bergkamp was fastest over 100m with Ljungberg 2nd and Henry 3rd
Henry had the best acceleration and was quickest over 50m with Ljungberg again second and Bergkamp 3rd fastest.

Since then Bergkamp has aged a bit but watching his goal v Birmingham he still looks quick.
Toure has since joined so maybe they can have a go in training and we'll know for sure!

johe

Gilberto and Vieira's pace is nothing to be sneezed at. Once they get running, they REALLY get running. ;D

goonerdownunder

AFCG7 said:
2 years ago Bergkamp was fastest over 100m with Ljungberg 2nd and Henry 3rd
Henry had the best acceleration and was quickest over 50m with Ljungberg again second and Bergkamp 3rd fastest.

Since then Bergkamp has aged a bit but watching his goal v Birmingham he still looks quick.
Toure has since joined so maybe they can have a go in training and we'll know for sure!

where do you get info like that?!?!?!?!?!?!

i think in a 100m race the top 5 would look like this

henry
ljungberg
toure
clichy
pennant (or if he wasnt there cole)

Andrew

I think it's definitely Henry followed by Clichy. Toure's fast as well. But I think the speed of Ljungberg and Cole is slightly overrated. Vieira is quick as well.

Lukazan

Established Member
Nah Ljungberg and Ashley Cole are very fast.

If anything, Cole's speed is underrated. :?

Adam

Established Member
Ljungberg and Cole cannot run at top speed longer than 20 metres, while Henry and Toure's power and strength strides them along.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom