• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Who is the quickest player on our books?

va_va_voom

I think i remember reading an interview after the world cup in 98 with Sol. He was talking about how modern defenders need to change their game to cope with the pace of strikers today, and the one highlighted was Michael Owen. Sol said they'd had a 100m race in England Training, and that over the first 20-25m Owen caned him but over 100m Sol had the power to catch him and it was a pretty even race.

Not that it helps in this argument, but over 100m I wouldn't discount Sol from the argument.

Lord Dula

Established Member
Good point Donovan Bailey was slow out of the blocks but was a great champion.

I think we have the quickest team in the prem.

Ladygooner

Henry has the tricks - but Clichy is ruddy fast off the blocks.

Just think what he'd be like in a few years time with loads of experience under his belt!

thegame24

Established Member
Pace isnt everything you know.

Pires is better than every single player mentioned BAR henry and he slower than all of them :D

Henry is the fastest IMO

Ladygooner

thegame24 said:
Pires is better than every single player mentioned BAR henry and he slower than all of them :D

Not bad 4 someone who runs like a duck, bless him, but a very talented duck he is :!:

Corny

HEATHEN said:
I heard that when Upson was at the club he was the fastest player.

Yeah I heard that too, I heard he was second behind Bergkamp.

Now I would say it would be:

50m+
Henry
Toure
Bergkamp
Ljungberg

Under 50m
Henry
Ljungberg
Clichy
Cole
Toure
Bergkamp

va_va_voom

yeah, but he only goes sideways, never forward!!!

Which has lead me to think, if our players were animals, what would they be:

Lehmann - Giraffe
Lauren - Rabbit (Did this last, couldn't think of anything else)
Toure - Lion (Corageuos)
Cole - Cat (Common domestic pet type)
Campbell - Shire Horse (Like a horse, but more solid!!!)
Ljungberg - Rooster (red hair from 2002)
Vieira - Horse (Big, Storng, Powerful, Dominant)
Gilberto - Tortoise (For obvious reasons)
Pires - Duck (Again, obvious)
Henry - Cheetah (Um??)
Bergkamp - Leopard (Guile & Pace, but no Cheetah)

Wiltord - Crab
Cygan - Bald Eagle
Aliadiere - Otter (Cos you gotta have an otter in the team)

Arsène - Wise Owl

Lord Dula

Established Member
Tho Pires isnt the fastest sprinter, he is, as claimed by Arsène, "deceptively quick" and is one of the fastest players running avec le ballon.

Some of you may have failed to notice but pires is a tall guy and has long legs.

jc8gooner

I would go for gazelle or antelope for Thierry. He is so graceful in full flight.

I think a leopard might be a bit too fast for Dennis. Maybe something really clever and cunning like a fox.

A

Anonymous

va_va_voom said:
yeah, but he only goes sideways, never forward!!!

Which has lead me to think, if our players were animals, what would they be:

Ljungberg - Rooster (red hair from 2002)

A headless chicken.

A.M.A.G.

You guys crack me up ;D
I LOVE this website
If i spend anymore time surfing this site... i'll have to start getting paid

Keplaz

Tierney looks pretty rapid. I think Aubameyang might still be the fastest overall. And I'm sure Martinelli is in with a shout.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

10 months ago, Auba was named 3rd fastest in the world

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2020/...med-as-third-fastest-footballer-in-the-world/

The complete top ten list reads:

1. Kylian Mbappe – 36km/h

2. Inaki Williams – 35.7km/h

3. Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang – 35.5km/h

4. Karim Bellarabi – 35.27km/h

5. Kyle Walker – 35.21km/h

6. Leroy Sane – 35.04km/h

7. Mohamed Salah – 35km/h

8. Kingsley Coman – 35km/h

9. Alvaro Odriozola – 34.99km/h

10. Nacho Fernandez – 34.62km/h

In the Premiership however, only Ainsley Maitland Niles was in the top 10 for highest speeds reached last season

https://onefootball.com/en/news/one...astest-players-in-the-premier-league-30577577

In Bellerins documentary about his knee rehab I believe Bellerin and Tierney were pretty evenly matched for pace, can't remember where they ranked but it is believed they are amongst the fastest at the club (yes Bellerin still got it lol).

There is also effective running, I don't know what that is but surprise surprise look who tops the efficient leaderboards at Arsenal. I doubt it's raw pace as Leighton Baines made the top 10 list as of 2020.

0_STATSportsHSRLeaderboard.jpg

https://www.football.london/arsenal-fc/players/arsenal-fastest-player-saka-bellerin-18176695

I struggled to find data for 2021, but it will probably come out this summer. We need Aubameyang to leak the bleep test results again.

I would guess Auba, Tierney, Bellerin, Maitland Niles, Saka are amongst the fastest at the club. There is very little record of anyone else's numbers.

Top Bottom