• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Who is the quickest player on our books?

Keplaz

10 months ago, Auba was named 3rd fastest in the world

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2020/...med-as-third-fastest-footballer-in-the-world/

In the Premiership however, only Ainsley Maitland Niles was in the top 10 for highest speeds reached last season

https://onefootball.com/en/news/one...astest-players-in-the-premier-league-30577577

In Bellerins documentary about his knee rehab I believe Bellerin and Tierney were pretty evenly matched for pace, can't remember where they ranked but it is believed they are amongst the fastest at the club (yes Bellerin still got it lol).

There is also effective running, I don't know what that is but surprise surprise look who tops the efficient leaderboards at Arsenal. I doubt it's raw pace as Leighton Baines made the top 10 list as of 2020.

0_STATSportsHSRLeaderboard.jpg

https://www.football.london/arsenal-fc/players/arsenal-fastest-player-saka-bellerin-18176695

I struggled to find data for 2021, but it will probably come out this summer. We need Aubameyang to leak the bleep test results again.

I would guess Auba, Tierney, Bellerin, Maitland Niles, Saka are amongst the fastest at the club. There is very little record of anyone else's numbers.
Very informative post. I don't see how Hector is still on that category. He looks much slower than he used to be.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Very informative post. I don't see how Hector is still on that category. He looks much slower than he used to be.
Common misconception. This could be because of our style of play and not often have space to run into.

Furthermore training ground drills are different to match day isn’t it - out of everyone it was AMN who recorded top speeds at some point last season.

I know Pepe and Martinelli are some of the faster guys as well, but their numbers aren’t anywhere.

Sweet'n'Soulful

Yet another banned account of Jury
I remember Sol Campbell clocking the fastest or top 3 fastest speeds on the pitch once... playing as a 34 year old for Portsmouth. So make of that what you will.

edit: Just had a look, he clocked 22.5 mph ffs. Usain Bolt averaged 23.35 mph from the 60-80m mark on a track designed to make people run fast, wearing spikes... o_O

Last edited:

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Koscielny was among the fastest one season iirc

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

10 months ago, Auba was named 3rd fastest in the world

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2020/...med-as-third-fastest-footballer-in-the-world/

In the Premiership however, only Ainsley Maitland Niles was in the top 10 for highest speeds reached last season

https://onefootball.com/en/news/one...astest-players-in-the-premier-league-30577577

In Bellerins documentary about his knee rehab I believe Bellerin and Tierney were pretty evenly matched for pace, can't remember where they ranked but it is believed they are amongst the fastest at the club (yes Bellerin still got it lol).

There is also effective running, I don't know what that is but surprise surprise look who tops the efficient leaderboards at Arsenal. I doubt it's raw pace as Leighton Baines made the top 10 list as of 2020.

0_STATSportsHSRLeaderboard.jpg

https://www.football.london/arsenal-fc/players/arsenal-fastest-player-saka-bellerin-18176695

I struggled to find data for 2021, but it will probably come out this summer. We need Aubameyang to leak the bleep test results again.

I would guess Auba, Tierney, Bellerin, Maitland Niles, Saka are amongst the fastest at the club. There is very little record of anyone else's numbers.
Martinelli and Pepe are faster than Saka and Tierney I think.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Bit random but I remember when we re-signed Campbell in 2010, he was actually 2nd quickest player from a standing start in the entire league. (I think the first was Walcott or someone like that but can't remember).

I always remember that, but then again I suppose it's different because forward players are usually always on the move and aren't standing still, whereas a CB usually has to run back in an instant if a team is about to counter which is probably unique for their position as most others aren't usually standing still and then having to make a sudden burst. Still that being said for a 35 year old Campbell to be the 2nd quickest in the entire league is quite impressive.

In general I think in a game it's gonna be very hard to determine who's the fastest player because you just don't get the opportunity to show your true pace.

Also something which is incredibly random, but I remember France vs England in a friendly and Dembele absolutely left Walker for dead with Walker getting a slight head start. I'll always remember because Walker is usually classed as one of the quickest players in England, and Dembele although most would acknowledge is quite quick, I don't think many would put him up there with Mbappe for example. But it was just interesting to see, the acceleration from Dembele was absolutely frightening. Similar story with Lukaku, who now gets to show his true capabilities in terms of a burst of pace in Italy under Conte vs how he was used under Mourinho. Again Lukaku wasn't classed as slow but it's only been recently in Italy we've gotten to see just how scary he can be. He literally just leaves everyone for dead if there's space to run into.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Martinelli and Pepe are faster than Saka and Tierney I think.
I believe so as well, but I couldn't find numbers to prove this tbh.

Eye test and certain games tell me they should be amongst the top though.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Bit random but I remember when we re-signed Campbell in 2010, he was actually 2nd quickest player from a standing start in the entire league. (I think the first was Walcott or someone like that but can't remember).

I always remember that, but then again I suppose it's different because forward players are usually always on the move and aren't standing still, whereas a CB usually has to run back in an instant if a team is about to counter which is probably unique for their position as most others aren't usually standing still and then having to make a sudden burst. Still that being said for a 35 year old Campbell to be the 2nd quickest in the entire league is quite impressive.

In general I think in a game it's gonna be very hard to determine who's the fastest player because you just don't get the opportunity to show your true pace.

Also something which is incredibly random, but I remember France vs England in a friendly and Dembele absolutely left Walker for dead with Walker getting a slight head start. I'll always remember because Walker is usually classed as one of the quickest players in England, and Dembele although most would acknowledge is quite quick, I don't think many would put him up there with Mbappe for example. But it was just interesting to see, the acceleration from Dembele was absolutely frightening. Similar story with Lukaku, who now gets to show his true capabilities in terms of a burst of pace in Italy under Conte vs how he was used under Mourinho. Again Lukaku wasn't classed as slow but it's only been recently in Italy we've gotten to see just how scary he can be. He literally just leaves everyone for dead if there's space to run into.
I remember the exact game you’re talking about, when Dembele and Mbappe showed fbsg they weren’t just your typical hyped wonder kids. Tbf to Walker, Dembele got him flat footed but it was still weird to see someone burn Kyle Walker. :lol:

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Things like pace can be deceptive I think. Some players have the 10-20 yard acceleration but not the real top speed.

Weirdly I think running styles can make players look quicker or slower than they actually are to the eyes.

I'd think AMN would probably have it over 100m. Maybe Martinelli on pure acceleration over a shorter distance. Pepe and Saka probably aren't too far off either, or Gabriel for that matter. He's got a real turn of pace. KT's no slouch either.

Top Bottom