• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Who should get the number 10?

Who should be getting the 10?

• Total voters

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

No, I just love Thierry Henry. The number doesn't really mean anything to me tbh, but I get it means a lot to other people even the footballer.

It just seem arbitrary to me, something that means as much as you make it mean to you. Does that make sense?
cheer up you cynic.

You think Auba is wearing 14 for no reason?

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
not sure it really matters right now as the #10 succession killed off years ago

Roma keeping shirts dormant after a legend is the way to go. Really liked how Strootman had to ask Aldair for permission for #6 & Totti leaving the #10 out there to be claimed by an academy kid one day like the Sword in the Stone.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I don't know how iconic your no. 10 but our no 7 is very iconic and it wasn't just based on one player but based on 5 players, Best, Bryan Robson, Cantona, Beckham, Ronaldo.
That was my point-poorly made. Our number 10 is tarnished. Our number 7 is actually better.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Yeah, 7 is probably our best shirt number.

Brady...Rocastle...Pires, elite Arsenal players...and you feel Saka is gonna be an absolute star too.

Even Rosicky and Sanchez did the number proud during their time here, though Tommy's injuries and Alexis' exit means they aren't on the same level of the others though.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

"If I was manager of the Sutton team, I would say to the ex Arsenal players...go out there and show those foreigners who took your job!"

...love Martin, but that was mental :rofl:
Glad someone else remembers this. I still can’t believe he said that. He’s said similar things as well. :rofl:

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Yeah, 7 is probably our best shirt number.

Brady...Rocastle...Pires, elite Arsenal players...and you feel Saka is gonna be an absolute star too.

Even Rosicky and Sanchez did the number proud during their time here, though Tommy's injuries and Alexis' exit means they aren't on the same level of the others though.
I feel like Henry on his own made the 14 legendary. Theo...kind of did it justice at times and now Auba is killing it.

Arsenal’s 14 is the equivalent to the number 9/10 at any other club now, I kind of like that.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Glad someone else remembers this. I still can’t believe he said that. He’s said similar things as well. :rofl:

I think he hates Van Nistelrooy so much, that he takes it out on EVERY foreign player :lol:

GDeep™

League is very weak
Watching Arsenal this season it’s been the Hale End boys, who have come in and made the difference with quality and effort.

Shout outs to Tierney, Obviously. Lacazette who for me has been underrated this season, chipped in with goals and is willing to sacrifice himself for the team. ESR even highlighted him for helping him on and off the pitch.

Sweet'n'Soulful

Yet another banned account of Jury
Is the 10 shirt just a symbol now or are we expecting the player who wears it to perform as a 10? ESR is our only real fit for the conventional role, but if we're going to give it to our best player then Auba wears it. Not sure he gives a **** though...

ESR. But will the shirt weigh him down? The coronation would seem a little early.

EinmalImmerEwig

Bent on his knees by asking to get banned !
"If I was manager of the Sutton team, I would say to the ex Arsenal players...go out there and show those foreigners who took your job!"

...love Martin, but that was mental :rofl:
He wasn't wrong though, was he?

Sweet'n'Soulful

Yet another banned account of Jury
I don't know how iconic your no. 10 but our no 7 is very iconic and it wasn't just based on one player but based on 5 players, Best, Bryan Robson, Cantona, Beckham, Ronaldo.
I thought it was all about Best really, and then how well the others could carry the weight of it after him. It’s Best’s shirt though, isn’t it? The other 7’s are seen as pretenders to his crown.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom