<

Who starts alongside Partey?

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by say yes, Oct 7, 2020.

?

Who would you start alongside Partey?

1. Xhaka

2. Elneny

3. Ceballos

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Ash10

Ash10 Jury Lite

When you can't come up with an actual argument in favor of a player "hE wAntEd hIm aT CiTeH"
    Clutching at straws as always to defend an obvious bang average player

RacingPhoton, RunTheTrap and Maybe like this.
  2. Maybe

Maybe Well-Known Member

You almost get the feeling they couldn't afford him. :D
    Would be more interesting to know why they didn't go for him instead

RacingPhoton likes this.
  3. Jae

Jae Well-Known Member

Honestly don't care. Whoever is playing best and in form deserves the spot. Think Cebellos is the better player, but might not be the best fit for the team depending on our formation and who are opposition are. Will trust Arteta to make the right call.

In all honesty I think we'll see it mixed up. Gone are the days under Wenger where it would be the same team and formation every week regardless of who we were playing.

(Not a dig at Wenger before anyone moans :lol:)

4. drippin

drippin Well-Known Member

Hahah. I'm not talking about City at all. I said Arteta likes him and had him as one of the players on his list when he was there, and was happy when Arsenal got him.

Pretty funny when I say many things here and then Xhaka "haters" jump in and claim my only argument is City wanting him while they don't even realize why I said it. :lol:

Trilly and truth_hurts like this.
  5. truth_hurts

truth_hurts Well-Known Member

I hope that it is Ceballos, but deep down, we all know Xhaka will be no.1 in line.

Having options is a good thing though. I'd like a Partey, Ceballos and Willian trio in Central midfield, but there may be games where we need Xhaka's physicality and positioning or games where we need El Nennys simplicity and work rate.

6. drippin

Just have to mention one funny thought. Someone said he thinks Elneny can replace Xhaka.

Imagine Arteta going to City and having Elneny as one of his players on his list to get, like he had Xhaka. :lol:

[​IMG]

Makavelii likes this.
  7. truth_hurts

truth_hurts Well-Known Member

I'm confused! Are you giving Xhaka props or just hammering El Nenny?!

El Nenny is fine as back up. Xhaka will be in and around the starting line up. Partey and Ceballos would be the two I'd pick with a natural attacker in front of them.

8. drippin

Nah, I like Elneny as a squaddie, especially nowadays under Arteta.

I'm just laughing that someone would suggest Elneny being better than Xhaka, and that combined with the Arteta's City comment about Xhaka (which was laughed at here just above) makes pretty good humour to me.

Pep's facial expression would have been interesting to see if Arteta suggested to get Elneny.

9. Marjorie

Marjorie Thread Monopolizer

Only on am could such a good signing be sidetracked by a xhaka debate

10. drippin

This isn't the Partey thread. Look at the title. :lol:

11. 9jagooner

9jagooner Well-Known Member

Who parties with Partey?
    :trophy:

Makavelii likes this.
  12. Trilly

Trilly The John Sauce Of Ilford Trusted

This summer we’ve signed two players who basically start for all of our rivals.

That’s the way to get ahead of them. Partey is special because you could argue he starts for any team in the league not just our rivals. Really special signing.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2020
  13. drippin

I still can't believe it, I can't even count how many years too late for such a signing. I really wonder what was Wenger thinking. And I love him.

Trilly likes this.
  14. Kevin Keegan

Kevin Keegan Member

Guendouzi next year , for now has to be Daniel

15. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

There will be times when it's Ceballos, there will be times when it will be Xhaka, there will even be times when it's Elneny...we might even see the likes of Willian and Saka play centrally at some point in a 4-3-3.

But the main thing we should all focus on isn't who plays next to Partey, but Partey himself...we actually have Thomas Partey, a 27 year old Thomas Partey is playing for The Arsenal!

We now have a proper midfielder, one who can really anchor our team...teams used to look at our midfield these past few years with glee really, knowing we had massive issues there...now when opposition players look at our midfield, trying to spot the weak link, they will see our beautiful Ghana-saurus looking right back at them like...

[​IMG]

...they will see a player who isn't to be ****ed with, a team that isn't quite a soft touch anymore...they will see an Arsenal Football Club we can all be proud of.

All because of Thomas "****ing" Partey :drool:

16. Hleb's Sirush

Hleb's Sirush Well-Known Member

You can gauge how important a player is to a manager the amount of times they start for them. In that sense any starter or even a regular is an important player. If they weren't they would be rotated in and out of the team or not even play. That doesn't necessarily even mean the manager rates them highly, just that the manager rates them the highest of the current options available to him. Similarly in your opinion Bellerin might not seem important but again he is certainly important in Mikel's eyes. When fit he always starts except the odd cup game or when being rested. You might consider Pepe an important player but for Arteta he is anything but. That could well change in the future but right now the fact he is omitted so often is clear demonstration that Arteta doesn't consider him important.

Do I think Xhaka is more important than Pepe? Not at all. I think Pepe has far better upside, far higher ceiling. But that is me, it doesn't matter who I think is important to get a result.

17. Ashybashy86

Ashybashy86 Well-Known Member

I think the consensus is it doesn't matter much if it's Xhaka or Ceballos, as long as it's alongside Partey.

But it still matters if it's Elneny.

Football Manager likes this.
  18. RacingPhoton

RacingPhoton Well-Known Member

Are people really believing that Arteta would have bought Xhaka at City? :lol:
    I would like to live with such a level of innocence. Where can I buy it?