• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Who will win the top 4 English leagues next season?

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Too early to really have a good handle on it (and even then predictions usually go wrong). But I'll give my biased opinion and propensity for wild guesses a shot.

Premier League: Arsenal
Championship: Derby County
League One: Blackburn Rovers
League Two: Luton Town

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Too early to really have a good handle on it (and even then predictions usually go wrong). But I'll give my biased opinion and propensity for wild guesses a shot.

Championship: Derby County

Derby have got to be one of the biggest chokers in Championship history, how they've managed to f*ck up promotion every year is crazy.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
The only prediction I would confidently put forward is that the premiership is going to a Manchester based club in the coming season.
I think City doesn't have the 'engine' in midfield or defense (injury-prone as well) to win it, and Pep has underwhelmed.

If I had to ascribe percentages:
Chelsea 25% -- would be higher, but they've proven themselves very capable of a putrid title defense.
Tottenham: 20% -- This year is their best chance, assuming they aren't further decimated by sales. Other clubs will continue to spend gobs.
Arsenal: 15% -- Assuming Alexis stays.
United: 15% -- Lukaku and Lindeof additions are huge, they need a DM and time to mesh, however.
The Field: 25% -- Mainly City and Liverpool. City's deficiency listed above, Liverpool simply don't have the quality (or the $) of the other clubs.

good job you are not a bookie, betfair have
chelsea 18%
Sp**s 9%
arsenal 7%
United 22%
The others 44%

Not to say you are wrong mind, I agree with your opinion on Arsenal,14/1 looks a good bet, lets hope your closer than the bookies

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

I think City doesn't have the 'engine' in midfield or defense (injury-prone as well) to win it, and Pep has underwhelmed.

If I had to ascribe percentages:
Chelsea 25% -- would be higher, but they've proven themselves very capable of a putrid title defense.
Tottenham: 20% -- This year is their best chance, assuming they aren't further decimated by sales. Other clubs will continue to spend gobs.
Arsenal: 15% -- Assuming Alexis stays.
United: 15% -- Lukaku and Lindeof additions are huge, they need a DM and time to mesh, however.
The Field: 25% -- Mainly City and Liverpool. City's deficiency listed above, Liverpool simply don't have the quality (or the $) of the other clubs.

Think Chelsea are a weaker side, especially if they get rid of Matic as well as Costa. Big fan of Morata but he won't replace the goals and movement of Costa.

Lindelöf looks **** going by pre-season, really terrible. So our defence isn't upgraded at all. Hopefully it's a pre-season thing but really not encouraging based on his performances. Lukaku, however, is a huge signing, his hold up play looks excellent and he's a better goal scorer than Zlatan.

Liverpool look better, finally signed a LB and Salah is a great signing. However if they lose Coutinho their team will be significantly weaker no matter who they bring to replace him.

Sp**s have done nothing.

What that really means is only 3 teams look to have seriously upgraded this Summer in Arsenal, Liverpool, and City.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Can't predict winners or ranking, but my prediction of EPL Top 4 in alphabetical order;

If our summer transfers in are done:

Chelsea, City, Liverpool, United.

If we sign a CM and a winger:

Arsenal, Chelsea, City, United.

Don't really care enough about the other leagues to make a prediction.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Dodging the PL I think boro are the type of side who should bounce back. Well drilled defensively and pretty consistent.

League one I'm gonna have to go with my team Shrewsbury. Even though we've battled relegation the last few years we're gonna do a Leicester and smash it.

As for League 2 I'll go Coventry, would be nice for the club to go in the right direction for a change.

Also dying for Leyton Orient to get back in the football league, really sad story there.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
Think Chelsea are a weaker side, especially if they get rid of Matic as well as Costa. Big fan of Morata but he won't replace the goals and movement of Costa.

Lindelöf looks **** going by pre-season, really terrible. So our defence isn't upgraded at all. Hopefully it's a pre-season thing but really not encouraging based on his performances. Lukaku, however, is a huge signing, his hold up play looks excellent and he's a better goal scorer than Zlatan.

Liverpool look better, finally signed a LB and Salah is a great signing. However if they lose Coutinho their team will be significantly weaker no matter who they bring to replace him.

Sp**s have done nothing.

What that really means is only 3 teams look to have seriously upgraded this Summer in Arsenal, Liverpool, and City.
I don't really think you can argue that Arsenal or Liverpool have upgraded more than United this summer.

Giroud --> Lacazette is a similar step up to United's (I hope), and that's all we've done, more or less, and it's definitely better than 'Pool bringing in Salah. Yes, they've brought in a LB, but it's early and preseason doesn't mean all that much (if he's even performed well -- this goes for any poo-pooing of the Lindelof signing as well).

City is much strengthened since I made that post, however. They're probably favorites or co-favorites with Chelsea now.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

I don't really think you can argue that Arsenal or Liverpool have upgraded more than United this summer.

Giroud --> Lacazette is a similar step up to United's (I hope), and that's all we've done, more or less, and it's definitely better than 'Pool bringing in Salah. Yes, they've brought in a LB, but it's early and preseason doesn't mean all that much (if he's even performed well -- this goes for any poo-pooing of the Lindelof signing as well).

City is much strengthened since I made that post, however. They're probably favorites or co-favorites with Chelsea now.

Think you have to look at the squad as a whole, Zlatan has left and Rojo is out till 2018.

All we've done is replace what we've already had for over £100m, and it's a question mark to see if we've done it effectively.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
Think you have to look at the squad as a whole, Zlatan has left and Rojo is out till 2018.

All we've done is replace what we've already had for over £100m, and it's a question mark to see if we've done it effectively.
Other than the price tag, sounds a lot like us and Liverpool.

Santi's Left Foot

No Longer Sleeping in Theo's bed
Championship: Middlesbrough
League One: Wigan Athletic

Last edited:

{reed}

Poundland GDeep
Does anybody watch leagues below the Championship?
We should create thread about Top 5 European championship winners.

carter777

Thinks Poch Is The GOAT

Player:Saka
I'll probably revisit this post transfer window, but as things stand:

Premier League: A Manchester club
Championship: Boro
League Two: Luton

Top Bottom