• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Who would make a current world XI ?

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
MIzHg4R.png

Would probably go with this, but there are several positions where you could easily make a case for a different player. Front 3 to me is undeniable.

Defense has a ton of candidates you could swap in.

Felt wrong not having Real Madrid players but when I did this I kind of realized they're basically stacked with like world 3rd/4th best player in every position :lol:

ptrcopp

There’s always two games you can played with this:
1) Get the best players into what resembles a formation, forcing players into positions. Always favours attacking players.
2) Try and put together a team that could actually play together

1)
Ederson
Kounde - Militao - Aroujo
Saka - Kimmich - de Bruyne - Vinicius
Osimhen - Haaland - Mbappe

The defence is really hard, especially RB and LB, not much quality world wide. However in real team you’d need them

2)

Ederson
Kounde - Militao - Aroujo - Zinchenko
Ødegaard - Kimmich - de Bruyne
Saka - Osimhen - Mbappe

Think in a team you could only have one of Haaland or Mbappe; it’s difficult to choose between them and it’s easier to find a ST than a winger, though it could be Haaland/ Vinci Jr. Also wonder if I’ve been too generous to our team in this… Pedri for Ode maybe… Davies for Zinny

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
Maignan
Di Lorenzo Militao Gabriel Baldé
Pedri Partey Musiala
Messi Osimhen Kolo Muani

I like Muani but over Mbappe? Can’t get on board with that.

Also Balde is nowhere near best current left-back in world football. He may get there one day but still way too raw and has it all to prove.

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
Gomez was going the same at Bayern ten years ago, they replaced him with an inferior goal scorer in Mandzukic and went from second in all competitions to treble winners.

Haaland is the best pure goalscorer around but his overall game is lacking in comparison.

Just when I thought you couldn’t possibly get any dumber, you go and pull something like this……….AND TOTALLY REDEEM YOURSELF!!! 👏

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

My team would be a premier League xi team ATM. Can't even pretend I watch European football and anyone picked outside of England is likely to be on reputation alone.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Gomez was going the same at Bayern ten years ago, they replaced him with an inferior goal scorer in Mandzukic and went from second in all competitions to treble winners.

Haaland is the best pure goalscorer around but his overall game is lacking in comparison.

I get the Gomez comparison but those numbers weren't anywhere near Haaland's. Gomez topped out at 41 goals in 52 games while Haaland is current sitting on 47 goals in just 40 games played.

I do agree that Haaland's overall game could improve a lot but just pure numbers wise he's in like mythical territory right now, and he's doing it in both the Prem and the CL.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
I like Muani but over Mbappe? Can’t get on board with that.

Also Balde is nowhere near best current left-back in world football. He may get there one day but still way too raw and has it all to prove.
Mbappe been stinking it up recently. Recency bias sure but going on 2023 form no one can speak to RKM he's creating dribbling stretching dominating in the air and now finishing at world class level.

Baldé bit of a left field pick but whenever I've seen him he's been utterly brilliant this season already. Couldn't think of anyone else, Zinchenko probably better but his injuries piss me off.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
I get the Gomez comparison but those numbers weren't anywhere near Haaland's. Gomez topped out at 41 goals in 52 games while Haaland is current sitting on 47 goals in just 40 games played.

I do agree that Haaland's overall game could improve a lot but just pure numbers wise he's in like mythical territory right now, and he's doing it in both the Prem and the CL.
Not sure you appreciate how good Gomez numbers were at the time. Can think of Cristiano and van Nistelrooy who scored 40+ before Gomez did in 2012, the game used to be more defensive and it wasn't as top heavy today. Gomez in this City team would probably score a couple more.

Having said that Haaland is definitely on another level talent wise. Wasn't comparing them though just saying why Osimhen for me is the better player this season despite slightly worse stats.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom