• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

who'd have him back then.....?

voomboom

Marc Overmars has been released by barca because of his huge wages, so now he's on a free contract. He's still a tremendous player as he showed on a couple of occasions at keowns testamonial.

I think he could be a good addition to the squad, especially in the CL, and he can play on both sides like freddie. It also might be a good idea with both wiltord and kanu going, and it could also make pennant try harder to prove himself, which can only be a good thing!

thegame24

Established Member
I still reckon if Ljungberg is good enough then so is Overmars. Of course he prefers left but he is decent on the right, annoys defences with his runs.

Ak

at cut price wages, i dontn see why not, though he shouldnt be made first choice abover pennant unless he performs.

Gunnsie

I belive its a real possibility that he'll come back. Available on a free isnt he, after being released by barca? Even if he only ever played against Manu, it'd be worth it.

westo

If he cuts his wages and we only get him for a year or two then yes, he could add a more direct appoach to are play.

reggiepaul

Injury prone at present with a recurring injury and not really been at his best since Arsenal. If he passed the ball around and was a happy bunny in London it wouldn't come to this.

We've grown far and beyond the players we posessed in the past. Only player who could still fit in is Anelka right now and even Henry would have him.

A

Anonymous

No, he left Arsenal for 'bigger things.' Now look at him.

We are too big for him now.

voomboom

We've grown far and beyond the players we posessed in the past. Only player who could still fit in is Anelka right now and even Henry would have him.

upson and volz are doing very well. might they be doing better if they were still at highbury is something we'll never know. But i saw marc playing for barca a couple of weeks ago and he was playing really well, you have to remember that la liga is more technical than the EPL, and he'd bring back some valuable experience to pass on to players like pennant. IMO anyway

reggiepaul

If those players were still valuable to us we'd still have them and would have utlised them. They wanted first team football at a lesser club which is up to them really. Of course they look good away from Arsenal but that highlights what we teach them and also highlights what we have already when we release them. I find Volz and Upson have gone down a level since Arsenal.

I think we have plenty of players at Arsenal to impart valuable experience that Overmars has. He hasn't impressed or has been noted highly since Arsenal. His highest point was Arsenal and after that it's been just a player at Barcalona who haven't been excellent every since. Overmars is now old and that injury isn't of any help. We can't afford to bring in players as part time coaches imparting wisdom here and there. If he would be valuable in terms of winning things amongst the likes of Pires, Henry, Ljungberg, Vieira - then we have an issue, but I don't think he is even close to that.

Taozhe

Anyone who left Arsenal cos he think arsenal wasnt big enuff for him should **** off ;D

hahah I rarely swear like that

Chips&CurrySauce

I would never have him back. What he did was no different to what Anelka did. In Anelka's defence you can argue he was very very young and naive and advised badly by his brother. What is Overmars defence??

Overmars has done nothing at Barcelona for the last 2 seasons, he has lost his pace (which was his main asset) and at 31 he is looking for a final pay day. He is no where near good enough to play for us now. He made a couple of decent runs in a testimonial game and people think he's still got it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom