• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

who'd have him back then.....?

voomboom

I would never have him back. What he did was no different to what Anelka did. In Anelka's defence you can argue he was very very young and naive and advised badly by his brother. What is Overmars defence??

The difference is that anelka had no intention of ever playing for arsenal again. he didnt want to be an arsenal player after that summer and that was that. He was directly both belittling and insulting both arsenal and arsenal players in order to try and force a move.

As for overmars, i dont think the board had any intention of turning down the 25 million quid they were offered. if the whole thing had've fallen through, there's nothing to suggest that overmars wouldnt have stayed and we'd all be none the wiser about there ever even being a bid. Which player goes to any club and says 'this club is a step down from my old one' anyway. Of course he's going to talk about barcelona and how great they are if hes one of their players. the difference is that Anelka was bigging up real when he was supposed to be an arsenal player.

dont forget as well that petit got sold off in the very same transfer. he dealt with it in a different way though, he cried. Both petit and overmars were sold, just like rocky, just like merse. Anelka ran out.

Top Bottom