• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Whos the biggest club-Arsenal or Chelsea?

• Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date
  • Replies 27
  • Views 2,231
A

Anonymous

I have been wondering this for some time,esp over the summer but who do u guys HONESLTY believe is the biggest club,in terms of fan base,staduim,finance,reputation,number of household names,merchandise,history and culture...

I think at the moment arsenal are the bigger of the two,cos chelsea havent won the league in ages..but chelsea have a greater potential to be a bigger club than us in say 5-10 years time if their so-called masterplan(keynon and roman) stays on track.There definately going to be our biggest domestic rivals for the next few seasons for sure.ARE CHELSEA THE NEW TOTTENHAM? in terms of rivalvry...??.

alibey

I think at the moment arsenal are the bigger of the two,cos chelsea havent won the league in ages..but chelsea have a greater potential to be a bigger club than us in say 5-10 years time if their so-called masterplan(keynon and roman) stays on track.There definately going to be our biggest domestic rivals for the next few seasons for sure.

Agree

mood

Arsenal definitely bigger at the moment. Chelsea only got money and players, nothing else.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
In terms of playing rivalry. Yes. In terms of fan rivalry, Tottenham are at the top.

We are, in my honest opinion a bigger club than Chelsea. Way bigger infact. We have the history: More trophies than they'll ever win.

Reputation: Comes with our great football and linked to the previous (trophies)

Stadium: (in the making) Much better than their's and we will have more revenue than them becayse of this.

Fan base: What fan base do Chelsea have. They all came last year. Even still we have more fans for the time being so long as no more glory hunters join them.

They may have more money than us, but it's because of their owner. It's not theirs. And who said money is everything. Look where we are with our limited finances. In a few years it'll be different, and maybe Roman might get bored and leave.

And household names: Please. Henry, Pires, Vieira, Ashley Cole and Campbell are more well known than any of their players. Don't forget about Freddie. Girls love this guy for some reason.

And masterplan. I bet Roman will leave after a few years and their masterplan will be down the drain. And as for dominating in the next 10 years. Look at our ypouth set-up and you will see why I say no way. And with Arsène in charge you will be sure of seeing many more of the worlds best youngsters joining us in the near future.

All this considered I have no doubt in my mind that Arsenal are a bigger club than Chelsea.

Gator

Without a semblence of question, Arsenal are bigger. We have the household names of Campbell, Cole, Pires, Vieira, Ljungberg, Henry and Bergkamp that no amount of Chelsea's dirty money could buy. We have the best crop of youngsters in Reyes, Clichy, Fabregas, Van Persie, Pennant, Hoyte, Senderos, Flamini and Aliadiere. We have a far greater history, winning a lot more. Whats it, over half a century since they won the league? And we've won it 3 times in 7 years? And also have 9 odd FA Cups?

But that situation will, unless the FA intervene, undoubtedly change in the next 10 years. We simply cannot compete with a team that has an unlimited spending budget in the long term.

A

Anonymous

yea,we may be the bigger club romantically..but sooner or later chelsea are goin to win some trophies and will start competing with real and ac milan for biggest club in the world..

at the end of the day everything has a price(chamions league,worldwide status etc)..and roman can match any price,thats 4 sure.As long as hes in charge we shud be worried.

Mark

Established Member
We are easily a bigger club than Chelsea, for now. Obviously they will win stuff eventually because they have got themselves a good team and more importantly a good manager. He didn't go out and buy superstar big nams like Ranieri did with Veron and Crespo. Mourinho has gone with talented players but not ones who think they are bigger than the club.

To be honest even if they do start to win more things than us, we will always be a bigger club. We've got a great history whereas they have been pretty much unheard of doing anything significant until now.

Mark

Established Member
podthegooner said:
or how long until roman is shipped back to russia..

I can't wait for that day. The day he goes is the day that club dies. :twisted:

tox

Most kids get bored with their toys.

Arsenal are obviously the bigger club and with our new stadium coming up we will be able to compete with the top clubs in europe financially. But Chelsea obviously have amazing amounts of cash and that does give them the potential to be the biggest club in the world in 5-10 years time.

jeromelee

Well, I believe that Arsenal's still bigger than Chelsea. But lets not forget Manure which is in fact the biggest English club worldwide in terms of fans base, finances (maybe Chelsea might now be able to challenge on this front), merchandise distribution, sponsorships etc.

Aussie

Established Member
For **** Sake.

Please do not compare us with Chelsea on anything, especially history and tradition as they have none and they are currently trying to buy some.

We have been a bigger club than Chelsea for over a 100 years and we will continue to do so.

Money cant buy everthing.

Allyboy

Established Member
Of course we are a bigger club than Chelsea!

They have not won the league since 1957 whereas we have won it twice in the last three years!

Also, if it had not been for Championshipmananagerovich they would be bankrupt, whereas our finances are now in a strong position despite spending £360 millions on a stadium.

At the end of the day Chelsea have money but cannot attract the elite players, sure they can buy very good players but lets face it, if Henry, Vieira, Shevchenko, Ronaldino, Ronaldo, Zidane etc wanted to play for them, then they would be playing there now as we have seen that Chelsea will pay crazy and well over the odds money for players.

Admittedly we have not bought any of these either, but was due to financial constraints imposed because of Ashburton Grove. Its called sensible financial management which Chelsea clearly had no clue about as they were spending millions upon millions of pounds every summer when they were severely in debt! If Wenger had £200 million to spend then you can bet your bottom dollar Arsenal could buy players which added to our current squad, would match on paper the galacticos of Real Madrid.

The danger for us is that Chelsea win either the league or indeed the Champions League, luckily Ranieris tactical ineptness cost them last year or they would have got some of the type of players mentioned above.

Lets just win the treble and all this will be a moot point. :wink:

Soler

Established Member
Uhh ... in case you hadn't noticed, Tottenham are bigger than Chelsea in everything other than the financial department. If you've read my article on the front page you'd know I have some very strong Tottenham links in my family, unfortunately.

If Sp**s are bigger than Chelsea then that sad club in Fulham (ironically not Fulham FC ;)) then I shudder to think how much bigger we are. We have more fans, we have twelve league titles more than them and our club is enriched in history. Our big name players don't come to join us at the twilight of their career like they do/did at Chelsea: Gullit, Hoddle, Desailly, etc.

It'd be stupid to say Chelsea are even a speck on the Arsenal map. They are not an established name as Allyboy said, and they have no respect from the other 'big' clubs. Do you think Barcelona and AC Milan respect Chelsea and not us? Of course not.

THERE'S ONLY OOOOOONE TEAM IN LOOOOOOOOONDOOOOON ...

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Anyone wondering about this should consider not only how many trophies we've got compared to them, not only the fact that we are considered an institution of english football and they are not, but the fact that Chelsea fans could just go and buy a season ticket from the box office this season- after one of their most successful season for some time. Is the same true at Arsenal? I don' fiiink so!

A

Anonymous

I cant beleive this question has even come up, seriouly how can any fan with knowledge of our history and football history in general make any possibly analogy between us and chelskie, for goodness sake like the other posters have said, we have won way way more trophies over the last hundred years aswell as in recent times, we have so many more fans as i am sure the 40 000 supporters on waiting lists will testify, the list is endless, what on earth made you even think there could be any comparison.

A

Anonymous

This is hilarious, chelsea are never in our league. They have NO history, they havent won the league in 50 years, they have an over hyped team who play poor football. they are not a team, their stadium will be older and smaller than ours when ours is built. they have a worse manager, and a russian owner who will **** off when they fail in the next few years and leave them in huge debt.
WE ARE ARSENAL, SUPER ARSENAL, WE ARE ARSENAL, THE CHAMPIONS.

oh yeh, playing wise there will be only us and chelski in a few years, man united who and all that. but real rivalry wise they should be nowhere near our hate for Sp**s and united. Anyone who thinks different obviously doesnt know arsenal very well.

carefree, chelsea aint got no history
lampard is fat, the rest are all quieres
you aint won the league, in 49 years.

Latest posts

Top Bottom