• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

why are we bullied off and on the pitch?

go49oner

Established Member
i can't help but i keep getting this feeling that arsenal is constanly being bullied.

from the pitch we can see teams like bolton bullying our midfield but i am fine with that , against arsenal teams tend to use rought tatic very often no matter which team.

what makes me really mad is off the pitch , look at chelsea they tap our player , our player wants to go chelsea but they are not offering the right money for the quality of the player , i mean if you can spend 21m on a bench warmer, why you can't spend £25m on a the worlds best left back which is 99.9% gonna start for chelsea.

look at reallity , they unsettle our player , offer a bullsh*t price and slap thier butt while walking away. i mean WTF?? why dosen't this happen to RVN Man Utd got the price they wanted , they didn't layback 100% not and Real Madrid came back with that price. does RM need a striker more than a left wing??

look the french coach , letting henry playing for 90 mins for a worthless international a few days before epl , WTF? dosen't he understand that henry had a long season and maybe he might need some rest?? i know that alot of players that had a long season too had to played international , but played Champions leaguel final and World cup final that's really alot of games , asking a 45 min rest isn't too much???

do you guys feel the same or is it just me ?

qs

Established Member
go49oner said:
why dosen't this happen to RVN manutd got the price they wanted , they didn't layback 100% not and RM came back with that price. does RM need a striker more than a left wing??

Real gut Ruud at a cut price because Fergie wanted him out and Real engineered the whole thing.

RVN is worth more in the current market than what Real paid for him.

Asmodeus'

Manchester United didn't sell Van Nistelrooij for the price they wanted. They were also cajoled into paying much more then they were adamant they wouldn't pay for Carrick.

Wenger has no control over Domenech's actions. How is this being bullied?

If we were being bullied then we would have sold Cole already for nothing.

As for your on-the pitch comments; teams will play physically to compensate for the fact they can't compete technically. We dealt with it fine in 2003/04.

We aren't being bullied anywhere.

apollo

You're making a really good point mate...but I somehow can't find an answer??...well I guess we're not that "commercially oriented" , we care more about quality of our game rather than the "accessories"...but some clubs DO buy players to increase their revenues rather than their on-the-pitch quality...I dont know if that's realistic...but a discussion won't hurt...it might be a really strict (and sometimes cheap) policy of the board??

All in all , that really infuriates me especially when the transfer windows are open....

Jinn

Established Member
Edit your first post so it doesn't have text, otherwise I might lock the topic.

MancunianGunner

cuz we are bunch of panzies...big flippin panzies....nudge-me-and-i'll-fall-panzies...its like a flippin domino, once one goes down they all keep fallin....we got no tough tacklers anymore...no one who stays up once another player gets close to them...

stuart

Established Member
compare cesc and gilberto to vieira and petit,sure we wouldnt swap cesc for anyone but maybe against teams like bolton,blackburn we should use someone a bit stronger,we need a hardman and we havent really seen enough of poor diaby to see if he could be the missing link, having said that kolo rarely makes a tackle without taking out the ball and then the player!

pg1989

Diaby can develop into our hardman, we have really tough centre backs who will never get bullied by anyone e.g. Kolo, Senderos, Djourou and the hardest of all Cygan.
With the new bigger pitch i am sure teams will find it harder to bully us and we wil be able to break them down easier.

Gooner83

we are soft, we play football thats why.

these other teams dunno how to play football against us so they persist in other ways.

Meatwad

go49oner said:
i can't help but i keep getting this feeling that arsenal is constanly being bullied.

from the pitch we can see teams like bolton bullying our midfield but i am fine with that , against arsenal teams tend to use rought tatic very often no matter which team.

what makes me really mad is off the pitch , look at chelsea they tap our player , our player wants to go chelsea but they are not offering the right money for the quality of the player , i mean if you can spend 21m on a bench warmer, why you can't spend £25m on a the worlds best left back which is 99.9% gonna start for chelsea.

look at reallity , they unsettle our player , offer a bullshit price and slap thier butt while walking away. i mean WTF?? why dosen't this happen to RVN manutd got the price they wanted , they didn't layback 100% not and RM came back with that price. does RM need a striker more than a left wing??

look the french coach , letting henry playing for 90 mins for a worthless international a few days before epl , WTF? dosen't he understand that henry had a long season and maybe he might need some rest?? i know that alot of players that had a long season too had to played international , but played cl final and wc final that's really alot of games , asking a 45 min rest isn't too much???

do u guys feel the same or is it just me ?
This isn't even a good topic to discuss because only your first point is a valid one and it's nothing new really. That's the only way they can compete with us.

The rest of it is just bullshit.

1. How is Chelsea bullying us? I don't see Cashley with them at the price they wanted a month ago (16m)? Is he not still with Arsenal?

2. RM dictated their price to Fergie so I don't know what you're on.

3. Arsenal have no control over International games. The only way our players couldn't have played is if Arsenal and those players lied and said they were hurt. That wouldn't show toughness.

Gothics

Some things are beyond AFC. We doesnt have the financial muscle to challenge richer clubs like Chelsea or RM. It's up to the ethics of Chelsea to decide whether unsettling players from other clubs is their way of winning trophies. There is no way that this cheap tactic is going to end and we just gotta live with this fact till we prove that Arsenal is the best place to football by winning the CL in style. And of cos by having the Emirates stadium, we are starting to be strong financially. But all these takes time but we are definitely going in the right direction. The day will come!!!

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
being bullied on the pitch : perhaps lack of physical presence and strength

being bullied off the pitch: which manager doesn't want an arsenal player in his team?

Gothics

go49oner said:

Thats why we have more fans than them. lol. We play attractive football to entertain our fans and of cos to win matches. They play tough football to stop us from playing our brand of football. So does that make them a destroyer of attractive football? :lol:

oOTruGunNaOo

I understand why we are bullied on the field...because theyre jealous because we dont get 75 % of pur goals off of set pieces.

I think we are bullied off the pitch because of wenger's soft nature, he's never really been aggressive and all so people just take him as a soft touch

Bazza19

its a fact that we are bullied on the pitch and maybe we should buy a "hard man" in the centre and cesc on the right,
but i disagree that we're bullied off it,real try and come in for our players every year and we only sold anelka to them.arsenal arent selling cole for under 20mil so they're being firm unlike united who sold ruud for ten and bought carrick for 18. and finally the french manager played henry for 90mins just to piss of wenger for critizing him in the world cup and wenger cant do anyything about that

quattro

i'll probably consider the first argument... its been done to death already. i guess we could sell the lightweights like fabregas, hleb and rosicky and replaces them with neanderthals like robbie savage... but then you'd find a way to complain that we aren't playing sexy football anymore.

the second one is just plain bullshlt. man u has always paid over the odds and they sold their most prolific goalscorer for around half what they got him. really tough fergie huh? also on Arsène being powerless against domenech... care to remember how powerless fergie was when sven decided to take the injured rooney along early into the wc? his nose was never redder... is that how you define tough?

Arsenal Quotes

First I went left, he did too. Then I went right and he did too. Then I went left again and he went to buy a hot dog.

Arsene Wenger on dribbling Zinedine Zidane in a charity game

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 19

RB Leipzig want to offer Benjamin Šeško a new contract to stay for one more year [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal are the negotiating table for Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim via Sport_Witness]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom