• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Why do we neglect the wings?

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Anzac said:
kooldawg said:
Arshavin is better used as a forward or second striker, he can drift out wide and charge in if needed but his future is always in the middle. I think that is why we are probably holding talks with Valencia over mata or Silva. I think Arsène knows that he needs to address the left wing in order for us to be more effective.

Latest is that we are supposedly mounting a bid for Ribery.

It is very weird how we are suddenly being linked with wingers instead of the central midfielder we need, almost makes me think that there is a justification to why the press are doing this. Then again we have been linked to Akinfeev so perhaps the winger rumours are bullshit. We do not need an out an out winger, we have players who can be direct and also players who can be creative. I suppose the closest we have to orthodox wingers in our squad are Theo and Eboue on the right and Traore on the left. All threes end product leaves a lot to be desired though. Arshavin is better used as a forward but he has ben a revelation out wide so it would be strange to move him elsewhere.

patrick42uk

Established Member
Anzac said:
kooldawg said:
Arshavin is better used as a forward or second striker, he can drift out wide and charge in if needed but his future is always in the middle. I think that is why we are probably holding talks with Valencia over mata or Silva. I think Arsène knows that he needs to address the left wing in order for us to be more effective.

Latest is that we are supposedly mounting a bid for Ribery.

I'm sorry, but links to BEnzema and Ribery isnt proof of anything except that the tabloids are very uncreative.

sesquioxide

patrick42uk said:
Arshavin arsenal's career so far has been left wing and its hard for it to be any more spectacular than it has been.

Exactly. I doubt we would be able to find many left wingers who could do much better than Arsahvin had done (even if we have the money to pay for such talent). I'm well satisfied with his continual deployment on the left, and I think all of us Arsenal fans must pray that he could keep up that level of performance and stay out of injuries.

dyeruz

Established Member
Pires and Ljungberg were exceptions to the rule, to very smart players whom at their prime could hug that touch line but were more dangerous when they cut inside, Arshavin doesn't like playing on the wing, Nasri's alright but ultimately he's not a winger. there aren't too many genuine class wingers available..

otfgoon

Established Member
dyeruz said:
Pires and Ljungberg were exceptions to the rule, to very smart players whom at their prime could hug that touch line but were more dangerous when they cut inside, Arshavin doesn't like playing on the wing, Nasri's alright but ultimately he's not a winger. there aren't too many genuine class wingers available..

They're not the exception to the rule, most quality wide players now join in with play, there are not many who just stick outwide all the time, beat their man and cross it.

Arsenal Quotes

I will sign every contract Arsenal put in front of me without reading it.

Tony Adams

Latest posts

Top Bottom