• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

why does henry choke in big games?

• Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date
  • Replies 69
  • Views 5,779

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
Glactico is BELOW world class anyway.... i dont consider Becks or Owen or Woodgate or Makelele (used to be on Real) world class, yet they are considered "Galacticos".....

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
I agree Thierry's crap. Let's sell him to, oh I don't know, QPR for a tin of beans and maybe some sausages. Maybe they'll let us have Paul Furlong and Kevin Gallen instead. If we're lucky.

Sorry, what's the point of this thread? It is not down to Thierry to play like Maradona in every big game we play, the rest of the team have to stand up and be counted too.

You could also call this thread "Why does Robert Pires always choke in big games?" That would make more sense and it's still a rash statement!

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Pies actually plays well in most big gmes for us. Examples are Celta last season, Chelsea away in the CL, Kiev, Inter etc.

quattro

haven't read most of this thread, but am now wondering if this will trigger another stale topic like gilberto vs edu again.

LeTallec

USArsenal Makelele wasnt a galactico...R Carlos isnt a galatico.. Vieira wouldnt have been a galactico.. to be a galactico u need to shift shirts first...

As for anyone doubting Henry to be anything other than world class than they dont know much abt football.. Everyone who does well in a few games is considered world class these day.. Henry has done in consistently for a long time..
Saying that I dont think hes a pure striker.. More a Raul than a Ronaldo..

LeTallec

*Loyan* said:
But he still manages to outscore these so called "pure strikers".
Theres a difference..
A striker like Shevchenko with Henry would be the stuff of legends...

Canuck

Established Member
I'm betting Henry and Reyes could achieve legendary status as well, a couple of back to back European trophies would settle that issue. :mrgreen:

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
I just don't understand how anyone could consider TH anything but one of the premiere players in the game today... He outsocres every other striker in the world.... He is faster and more skilled than almost anyone...

Add that to the fact that this season after only 5 matches, TH has scored 4 goals and has 7 assists...

utterly ridiculous that he is anything BUT world class.....

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
LeTallec said:
*Loyan* said:
But he still manages to outscore these so called "pure strikers".
Theres a difference..
A striker like Shevchenko with Henry would be the stuff of legends...
Possibly. But who's to say Henry and Reys can not reach that level as Canuck mentioned. Or for that matter RvP and Henry with Reyes on the wing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom