• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Why Yaya hasn't signed for Arsenal

lex

yaya toure hasnt signed for arsenal becasue of his aper work and will be very difficult for him to get a work permit.
he doesnt hav an european passport and hasnt been playing for the national team for 2 years.
if he had all this he would have signed in 2002.

latest source conrfiming this very recent 1 =23/12/03

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/art ... ?id=178359

more sourse confirming this

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/art ... ?id=123443

other sourse also confirming this in 2003

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/art ... ?id=106396

Taozhe

Can't wait to see if he can live up to all this hype. Wonder if any other clubs know about him :)

satan_beckham

looks like we cant get him until at least end of next season,who knows by then he could be gone already,i really hate the epl rules of a work permit,other countries all do not need it..

Guns and Arses

satan_beckham said:
looks like we cant get him until at least end of next season,who knows by then he could be gone already,i really hate the epl rules of a work permit,other countries all do not need it..
Yeah you maybe right, because clubs in Spain and Italy want to sign him as well. Don't know why the boss isn't bringing anyone in in January.

Aussie

Established Member
would it be possible to sign him in january and loan him back to beveran and pick him up in the summer again.
this will mean no other clubs from other countries can get to him

Jinn

Established Member
No way will he be picked up by another team.

Arsenal are in a very advanced stage of neogtiations, and due to the fact that Beveren and Arsenal have an agreement, we have first refusal over Yaya.

Don't worry.

Aussie

Established Member
Jinn said:
No way will he be picked up by another team.

Arsenal are in a very advanced stage of neogtiations, and due to the fact that Beveren and Arsenal have an agreement, we have first refusal over Yaya.

Don't worry.

exellent :D :D :D :D

Andrew

I don't get it how by loaning him back we could get a work permit? But the work permit laws are a little annoying. Perhaps if the EPL didn't have such strict laws we could see more south american players lighting up the league.

Aussie

Established Member
He wouldnt need a work permit as he is not playing in england but he is still signed with arsenal.

Jinn

Established Member
Yep, I think that's how it works.

We'll probably pick him up in the summer, although we could agree something in January without anyone knowing about it. You know, keep it hush-hush. ;)

vin de guerre

:?: why if he has not got the right qualification for a work permit will change by the end of the season in order that he can play for us next? :?:

lewdikris

Established Member
Cos to get a workpermit is a time-based thing - it says in one of the articles it takes 4 years. It actually takes three years in Europe. And suprise surprise, Yaya's three years are up in June 2004 - just when he'll be coming to HIghbury.

Wenger's been watching him for five years, he ain't gonna back out on him now.

Beverenfan

Hello,
I'm in the webteam of KSK Beveren and as far as I know:
- Yaya Touré himself would prefer Arsenal above any other club
- There are 3 clubs who have made a bid from 2 million €: Arsenal, Shaktar Donetsk, and Udinese ( Ita).
- Because of the partership between our two teams, it's likely that he will come to Highbury
- Every fan of Beveren would prefer to see Yaya play for Arsenal
- JM Guillou and Arsène Wenger are good friends, so .....

Hope you're a little more at easy now,
cheers,
Thijs :D

Top Bottom