• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wigan and Paris

Asterix

Established Member
Lovely stuff Exiled - thanks mate. Sometimes (not often) it really sucks being in Australia.

Natnat

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Arsenal Mania certainly has very talented writers
Enjoyed reading it very much.
Did you kick the ball in the entertainment field ,where you kick the ball and it gets recorded at which speed it goes?

Tegh

Established Member
Quality!
Do you write all those on the right hand side?
I only read the Barcelona one as I'm off out tonight, but I'll be sure to read the Wigan one tomorrow. Nice work EIN.

Just out of interest, who was the guy you met up with from A-M?
I met RtC and Pha2er at The Twelve Pins, good night.

Jimbo14

Iv read the Wigan One it was absoulute Quality, Perfect.
Just out of intrest Which pub was Frank in?

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
Cheers guys.

Tegh - yeah. I got asked by quite a few sites to write for them after the Ashley Cole letters last summer and since I already 'knew' Graham (who runs the site) I agreed to write a seasons worth of 'diary' to help him out. The idea was to avoid 'match reports' which you can read anywhere and try and talk about what's happening from a fans viewpoint.

Jimbo14 - I genuinely can't remember the name of the place although to be honest at the time I left it out of the article because it's the guy's local and a nice friendly pub so I didn't want to put a piece out on the net saying 'meet Frank here'.

Natnat - I did. That's all I'm saying on the matter!

Mate,you have a gift!

I have read many of your articles and each time they are quality.Please do keep writing more because i'm addicted to them..

Tegh

Established Member
I just read the open letter to Ashley.
Whilst I want him to stay, the article was quality.

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
invisibleman18 - cheers buddy.

Tegh - let's just say I had a fair bit more contact with Arsenal and his own p.a. than I put in the second article and I know that he read it and was made 'very uncomfortable' by it.

I'm lucky with this site that I get total freedom to write what I want when I want so when I do an article it's something I believe in, whether it's slagging off Ash, FIFA, the PFA - whoever pissed me off basically!!

That open letter was one of the hardest things I've written though. I wrote it originally as a straight article but it didn't really work, and certainly wouldn't have stood out from the millions of other things being written about him. Thing is I really thought I had something to say so I kept editing and editing it but it just wouldn't come. Then I realised that what it needed was a way of directing it at Ash, thought of it as a letter and 10 minutes later it was ready as 'An Open Letter...'.

I was out for most of the day it was published and the next but in 48 hours it had been copied onto virtually every Arsenal site and I had well over 100 emails in feedback. Mental. Ended up spending most of the next week 'dealing' with the story.

Funn thing is a couple of days later Daniel Levy published 'An Open Letter To t*tt*nh*m Supporters'. No originality that lot.

Tegh

Established Member
What did his open letter to Sp**s fans contain then?

Get any feedback from important people?

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
Erm, depends what you mean by 'important'. The Arsenal Press office, Ash's p.a., a couple of people that replied to the piece as fans but are 'known'.

I'd rather not say who/what because all the messages were private but if you name an Arsenal website there's a fair chance they tried to poach me last summer.

Anyway, gonna throw you a bodyswerve here and go back just over two years. After all the trials and tribulations work was going ahead on Highbury 2 and everything looked rosy. Allison Carmichael (spit) was still waffling on but there were no problems. It was March and we needed an April Fool story so I came up with this. Not only did a lot of people take it hook line and sinker on this site but it got so many hits that The Evening Standard saw it and actually had a bit about it in early editions... as a real story!

http://www.arsenal-mania.com/news/220/M ... Grove.html

Tegh

Established Member
L to the MAO.

Would it be fair to say we have a celebrity writing for us on Arsenal-Mania then? :)

I would have thought Ashley's P.A would have tried to get the article taken off the site? I wonder if any other Arsenal players read the site, do you know how A.Cole came about it?

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
Well I don't know which ones and where but I do know 100% that quite a few players check the fans sites on the web and and some of them sign on to sites.

Tegh

Established Member
I must find Kolo Toure and RvP.
If you know their usernames you must divulge it to me EIN.

Latest posts

Top Bottom