• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wigan Athletic Vs Arsenal FC | Sun,18th April, 13:30 | SS1

Nutsy

Established Member
My apologies for the delay for the new thread folks. Well, After so long being away, I admit I have missed making these threads, providing the forum with some vital statistics. Though as of now, We might have some lost of hope to continue for the title challenge.

I’m a realist, so I’d say, Chelsea has the edge and in the driver’s seat for the title, potentially a double following their FA cup game with Portsmouth. Manchester United may pull a last minute, last game, last gasp upset and bag the title. Somehow, though it pains me to say that, but I would much much rather have Mancs to win it than Chelsea. Yet again, we have another trophyless season. We’re down, we’re bruised. We’ve lost the second North London Derby against our bitter bitter rivals, Tottenham. Funny how I have seen their celebration, in a sense of how they strive a victory against us is like winning a cup for them. I have said this before in the past, and it has always been the same for them. Forever live in our shadows, we may have lost the game, we have never lost the war. St. Totteringham’s day is nothing this year, but we’re getting em next year.

We were strong in possession. We thought we should have deserved something from that game, atleast a point, but Sp**s have broken through. What we did wasn’t enough to earn that point. Shows how vulnerable we are.

Well, Enough of that for now, On to the game.

wiganarsenalcopy.png

I'm keepin it simple for now. Hope you guys like it.

Good to see atleast RVP is back in this game, Vermaelen is out, but with Wigan's current form, I think we can atleast bag 3 goals. I'm thinking final result would be at 3-1. Favouring us. Title may or maybe out for now, hoping as a Gooner that Man Utd and Chelski would slip up. We NEED to win this game.
84091624.png

We're still so close. It ain't over till it's 38. Come on you Gunners!!

IBL

Established Member
Re: Wigan Athletic Vs Arsenal FC | DW Stadium | Sun,18th April

Great stuff Nutsy

Lets end this testing season on a high

MAK 14

Established Member

I'd like to see van Persie start here; he looked perfectly fit and fresh when he came on yesterday. Take him off at around 60/70 minutes if he's unable to complete the whole game.

OohtobeaGoonerGal

Established Member

That was a really nice post Nutsy :)
We need more people like you, someone to help pick up heads.

As for the game, Wenger himself said unfortunately we can forget the title, so it's unlikely we'll play with the full fighting spirit we have shown we're capable of at times.

Don't be surprised to see a bit of a drab affair, tbh.

Muharraqawi

I actually wouldn't mind giving some of the players who haven't featured heavily (Walcott, Eduardo, Rosicky, Fabianski, Vela) a chance in the last couple of games we don't have anything to lose and even Wenger admitted that we can't win the title.

Edit: oh and great work Nutsy, looks really great.

TomasCR

Established Member

It would be silly to play with a weakened team when you know there is still a slight chance. Both United and Chelsea lose and then what? You simly can't afford it. Play the best available, if Chelsea win their next game, I don't care about the line-ups in the last three games anymore.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

Van Persie to start for sure!

We need a feel good end to the season, an where else but against Wigan to begin that.

Lancelot

Established Member

It's about time for a proper matchday thread, Nutsy. Bring it on! ;)

otfgoon

Established Member

Team I would love to see.

Eboue - Sol - Ignasi - Clichy

Nasri - Denilson - Rosicky

Bendtner - Robin - Eduardo

lagos

Established Member

Ahh a sight for sore eyes! all those wishy washy sub standard match treads we've had to endure!

you forgot to put SS1

MAK 14

Established Member

I'd like to see:

------------- Keeper
Eboue - Sagna - Sol - Clichy
-- Nasri - Denilson - Rosicky
Walcott - van Persie - Eduardo

Viper

Established Member

MAK 14 said:
I'd like to see:

------------- Keeper
Eboue - Sagna - Sol - Clichy
-- Nasri - Denilson - Rosicky
Walcott - van Persie - Eduardo
Same.

Zinc

Feel so down about things i actually couldnt care less about this match. First thought was to say we might aswell just play some of our youth/reserves for experience but most them are on loan or injured too.

Don Pacifico

Established Member

Good stuff Nutsy, hope to see more of it in the future.

Nutsy

Established Member

Cheers all, It's like I said, keeping it simple for the time congestion. I wouldn't bother naming the squads for now, but I'd love to see RVP to start.

Accomplished

Established Member

play Eduardo in the vain hope he can get rid of some of his mental baggage. The pressure is off now, and I expect to see our play reflect that.

thegame24

Established Member

Id go with vela on the left.

Have some consistency with him and theo starting and switching.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus

I know it's Wigan away, a tough game, and points are still important, but it's times like these I wish we had one of young CBs on hand to give some experience.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom