• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wigan Athletic Vs Arsenal FC | Sun,18th April, 13:30 | SS1

arsenallegends

Established Member
Re: Wigan Athletic Vs Arsenal FC | DW Stadium | Sun,18th April

Yes! I can't wait for this match. The stress of 3 points is lighter and we can hope for slip ups from both Man U & Chelsea. Merida should come in for Rosicky and hopefully Eduardo will make a few good movements down the left.

Al
Eboue-Sagna-Sol-Clichy
Nasri-Denilson-Merida
Walcott-Van Persie-Edu
-------Fabianski, Diaby, Traore, Eastmond, Rosicky, Bendtner, (Vela??)

number_0

Established Member

Play the best available team, there's no fixture congestion and I fail to see why rest someone at this stage of the season.
Would love to see some new faces make some bench appearances as opposed to the usual faces.

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible

Should give game time to some of our fringe players in the coming weeks, shame most of them are either loaned out or injured. A bit of squad rotation with the likes of Vela coming in would be nice this Sunday, then play a stronger team against Man City the week after.

Edit: Great opening post by the way.

Kain

Established Member

Good job on the opening Nutsy! :)

Vermalen out for season & Denilson is doubtfull for this game according to SSN just now.

Whoever gets sent out there should be playing for their future careers here at the club, another season with nothing to show for it, they don't deserve to be rested, dropped maybe but our squads to wafer thin right now to even do that.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

Hey Nadz! Long time no see. Where have you been!

(I admit, I saved the match graphics :$ )

Gurgen

Established Member

Van Persie has played 20 minutes in 5 months and you crazy bastards want to start him.

Del Boy

Established Member

Throw some guys like Vela,Mannone,Eastmond and Merida in.
Several players from last night I just never want to see play again.

This game means nothing at all anyway.

TomasCR

Established Member

outlaw_member said:
What do we have to lose, Gurgen?
A three weeks break for him if he does his calf or groin and then he will have to get back to fitness all over again? Remember Bendtner, he didn't start like 4 games after he came back. RvP will be on the bench, 30 mins for him.

Lord Dula

Established Member

Gurgen said:
Van Persie has played 20 minutes in 5 months and you crazy bastards want to start him.
Would rather have seen him hobbling about the pitch on cruches than see some of the cross we've been subjected to of late

Del Boy

Established Member

We have nothing to lose by playing him. Are we afraid he might get injured? He is just lacking match practise and the World Cup means nothing at this stage.

outlaw_member

Established Member

His health can wait, hell, we've been waiting for it long enough. I wouldn't start him though, but he should definitely be brought on at half-time.

We have to make sure that our season doesn't completely fall apart now. Without van Persie, Arshavin and Fabregas we can't even score in a brothel at the moment, unless it's a token late strike by Bendtner. We've got four more games to go and within that time, Man City and Tottenham could take our spot if we aren't careful. Wigan away is a potential banana skin and we could easily drop points in our current form.

fabo

6.51 / 10

:lol:......Denilson has been our best midfielder in recent weeks. How is it a good thing that he's possibly injured?!

Del Boy

Established Member

fabo said:
:lol:......Denilson has been our best midfielder in recent weeks. How is it a good thing that he's possibly injured?!

Best midfielder in recent weeks? Our midfield has been in tatters in recent weeks, and he was never great apart from the first leg vs Barca.

Eastmond earned his chance anyway. It is a meaningless game, we need to look at players for next season. We know what Denilson offers, is it good enough? Not in my opinion but I know you and plenty of others disagree.

Don Pacifico

Established Member

I wouldn't say this game is meaningless. We still need to secure a top three place so that we don't have to go through CL qualifying rounds and since Wigan are in a relegation battle, they're not going to just roll over if we put out an XI consisting of reserves/youths.

Lancelot

Established Member

I can honestly see a comfy win with a decent margin to boot already. Nothing in particular to play for and no extra pressure whatsoever; splendid.

3-0 to the Arse. :D

Top Bottom