• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wigan Athletic Vs Arsenal FC | Sun,18th April, 13:30 | SS1

Cruisio

Established Member
It annoys me so much the fact that Wenger has now admitted he saw what was wrong with the team, yet seemingly did nothing about it

TomasCR

Established Member
Looking at the line-up we finished the game with (Fabianski, Sagna, Campbell, Silvestre, Clichy, Eastmond, Nasri, Eboué, Merida, Diaby, Bendtner), you've got there only 3 or 4 players that would normally play. Without blaming it all on injuries, this line-up wouldn't probably stop Leeds, let alone a team fighting for a spot in the PL. It's been said, you need to have the core of the team to make things happen, we don't. These squad players never win games on their own.

stiiphunn

Established Member
Cruisio said:
It annoys me so much the fact that Wenger has now admitted he saw what was wrong with the team, yet seemingly did nothing about it
I would have to be reminded about who exactly was on the bench, bar rvp of course, but from what I remember I didn't see many helpful options.

Now why didn't he bring rvp on? Maybe he thought another gamble wasn't really necessary. I don't really know.

But anyway, the subs weren't our biggest problem out there today. We failed miserably as a team because of poor defending and complacency. And poor goalkeeping should I add. Fabianski's mistake is unforgivable.

henry79

The midfield is costing us games time and time again!!!! why were wigan players going through our midfield so easily.it never used to happen when gilberto was here.there is no pretection for our centre back. diaby is coasting through matches that is unacceptable what a lazy player. you can say the same about nasri.

This is not the first time it happened this season.where players are lazy, not intelligent enough, cant see danger coming and coastig through games basically they are not good enough. wenger really needs to buy a DM, someone who actually sits there and protects the back 4.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Costly mistake by Fabianski.

Costly mistake by Almunia.

Guess who will be our keepers next season, even I cant defend anymore.

Freagle

Everything that comes out of Arsène from now until the end of the summer transfer window will be useless. I want actions and not just talk. From challenging for the English Premier League crown to clinging for a place in the champions league. Sums it all to me really.

Cruisio

Established Member
stiiphunn said:
Cruisio said:
I would have to be reminded about who exactly was on the bench, bar rvp of course, but from what I remember I didn't see many helpful options.

Now why didn't he bring rvp on? Maybe he thought another gamble wasn't really necessary. I don't really know.

But anyway, the subs weren't our biggest problem out there today. We failed miserably as a team because of poor defending and complacency. And poor goalkeeping should I add. Fabianski's mistake is unforgivable.

Theres other ways to change things other than substitutions. Only at 2-2 did I see Wenger come out and really start barking instructions from the sidelines. Why bring Merida on over Vela for examples? Why leave it so late for RvP to come on? He's admitted we couldnt keep the ball in the middle, simple - bring RvP on, ask him to play in the hole and to just keep it simple. Guaranteed we would have been much better at keeping the ball under those circumstances. What was the logic of bringing Eboue on?

I hate to say it but in those kind of situations, Mourinho is so much better than Wenger. Mourinho will react to things going wrong straight away, whereas Wenger waits to see if they sort themselves out first, which 9/10 doesnt work and costs us. No i'm not a Mourinho fan boy, and I dont think he's the only one that is proactive rather than waiting for the boys to fix it themselves (these guys dont have the know-how to do it), but its the best example of how i'd like to see Wenger change his policy a bit

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Burnwinter said:
Clrnc: Fabianski was doing reasonably well. Made a couple of fairly sharp saves. Looked alert and was reading the game.

Like Almunia, he's a good keeper until he f***s you over. Like Almunia, he does so with astounding regularity.

Both Almunia and Fabianski are emotional basket cases who must not be allowed to raffle #1 between them. It affects the whole team psychologically.
Agreed. We need to ship both of them out asap. Fabianski is totally useless as number 2, due to his eccetricness. Its either you give him a run, or just ship him out and stop wasting time. Our number 2 should be an experienced keeper who is just about dependable, something like Mart 100% Poom.

CrazyInLoveWithArsenal

I laughed when they scored the third. I had no other reaction, it was just sad. We need a new keeper, center back and maybe cetral midfielder. It's as clear as day and if Wenger fails to rectify these issues with the squad, next season will be no different to this and the one before that and the one before that and the one bef.....

sabret00the

Established Member
Beeney said:
According to the papers Arsène has £60 million to spend. He better spend it all.
Bear in mind that the £60m includes contracts of players signed and contract renewals. It's why I believe that this is the optimum size squad and that if we're bringing in new players, old players have to go.

dreamLord

Established Member
Freagle said:
Everything that comes out of Arsène from now until the end of the summer transfer window will be useless. I want actions and not just talk.
Yep. I'm tired of him taking us for a ride every few months with his 'we have matured' comments. We're still that naive kid that will get picked on by bullies.

KY

Established Member
sabret00the said:
Beeney said:
According to the papers Arsène has £60 million to spend. He better spend it all.
Bear in mind that the £60m includes contracts of players signed and contract renewals. It's why I believe that this is the optimum size squad and that if we're bringing in new players, old players have to go.
It's not how much he has to spend but who he spends it on that makes me wonder...

Y va marquer

Established Member
Brutal, shocking. Straight form hell those last 10 minutes.
Dead and buried. By Wigan.
Sad to see.
The misery seems fairly relentless now.

kooldawg

Established Member
I think the team has lost it, they don't have the mental motivation to play for anything anymore. Wake up this morning to check the scoreline and i see this incredible 3-2 hammering by Wigan of all teams and all in the last 10 minutes or so it seems.

Think Wenger needs to first of all, hire 2 more coaches, 1 tactical and 1 purely defensive so they can ****ing teach the team to defend better and next get us those players that we need Arsène!!!

Abs

Established Member
kooldawg said:
I think the team has lost it, they don't have the mental motivation to play for anything anymore. Wake up this morning to check the scoreline and i see this incredible 3-2 hammering by Wigan of all teams and all in the last 10 minutes or so it seems.

Think Wenger needs to first of all, hire 2 more coaches, 1 tactical and 1 purely defensive so they can f****g teach the team to defend better and next get us those players that we need Arsène!!!

Im doing my badges now and Im not saying Im any good, but what the hell do the coaches? Either they keep giving Wenger advice and he's refusing, or more than likely he has brought in people who have the same view on the game and there's not enough different opinions comming in. When you have so many well paid coaches in the team and we are making so many basic misstake like run back and track your man, then something is really wrong. Who the hell is the defensive coach anyway?

Shredder

The last 15 minutes of this game were a chore to behold, but you knew we'd run out of steam eventually this season with Van Persie, Arshavin, Fabregas et al all out for so long. That's now three losses in a row.

You hate to use the injury excuse, but our situation is flat out absurd right now even despite Van Persie's brief cameos. Virtually the entire spine of the team is on the shelf. That's still no excuse to blow a 2-0 lead against Wigan, but **** happens.

In other news, a new goalkeeper would be nice.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom