• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wigan Athletic Vs Arsenal FC | Sun,18th April, 13:30 | SS1

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
I just laughed when they scored the equaliser, because you knew they will not stop and score the third.

The way Flapianski was shaking, all Wigan needed was to shoot toward goal and you were 100% sure he won't save **** after that blunder.

But looking back this season, with all the injuries, lack of reinforcements, lack of squad depth, I am of opinion that we actually over achieved.

When you consider the way we were brushed aside by ManU and Chavs, along with Barca thrashing, getting third in League is actually a big bonus..

Humble Rex

Established Member
Pathetic. That pretty much sums up this "performance".

Fabianski; Pathetic. It really doesn´t matter if you have the highest potential in the world, which he hasn´t, when you gift the opponents a minimum of 1 goal/game. NEVER, EVER in an Arsenal shirt again. Please!

Team defending when 2-0 up; Pathetic.

Wenger in not putting RVP on sooner when he must have clearly seen what was going on; Pathetic.

russkiegooner

You just have to recognise that without RvP and Arshavin upfront, Cesc and Song in the middle, and Gallas and TV at the back, we're don't have enough quality and look like a mid-table premiership team. A team capable of conceding 3 goals in the last 10 minutes against a side like Wigan.

xcdude24

Established Member
I mean, i'm mad, but i'm not surprised at all, really. And that's the weird thing about this response: everyone's furious, but usually being this mad is partially influenced by an element of surprise. After we conceded the first I thought to myself, "well, we could definitely concede another. The season's over and I doubt the players really care that much." After we conceded the second I thought we could concede a third. I literally laughed after the third went in, and I wasn't shocked in the least bit after fabianski fumbled the second.

A guy on the bus mentioned that he'd prefer the season to end today, and quite frankly I don't disagree. It's humuliating, but after some of the shenanigans pulled in the last few seasons(losing to sheffield united, some of our defeats in 05-06, away against fulham 2006, 5-1 loss against Sp**s, 4-4 draw against Sp**s, I could literally go on) I can't say today was completely out of the blue.

JazzG

Established Member
Sometimes I do really wonder what is the point....

Beyond embarrassing what happened today but can't say I was entirely surprised either.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
but you would think the team would have a bit more fight in them, knowing that Chelsea lost yesterday and that we were still "technically" in the title race (if not just by math)..

and i think a lot of the anger is the fact that the team just seems not to have any gumption.. and the manager seems to be making unbelievable decisions with subs..

patrick42uk

Established Member
I dont understand Wenger's thinking with Robin. He should have brought him on much earlier. At 2-0 we were not performing and bringing Robin on could have sparked us into life, as it did at Tottenham. Perharps the experience with Cesc and Gallas led him to be too cautious.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I just finished watching the game.For once I'm not going to blame Wenger here. These are professional players who are paid a lot of money to play a sport, something we would all like to do. Sadly a lot of them put very little effort into it. Yes we have goalkeeping and CB problems but that's not what caused this defeat. A lot of players were very sloppy with the ball as if nothing mattered. Nothing a manager can do about that apart from kicking some of them out next season. If we had showed half the desire Wigan showed, we would've won this game handily.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Embarassing display. Waste of f**king money.

We're a glorified version of Sp**s since 2005.

Injuries are not a valid excuse this time - we've blown some key matches from a winning position through comical goalkeeping and s**t defending.......United 1-2, Brum 1-1, West Ham 2-2 and today. That's the League title right there.

All over bar the shouting at this point.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
patrick42uk said:
I dont understand Wenger's thinking with Robin. He should have brought him on much earlier. At 2-0 we were not performing and bringing Robin on could have sparked us into life, as it did at Tottenham. Perharps the experience with Cesc and Gallas led him to be too cautious.
Me too, but the commentators mentioned something about RVP being very tight in his muscles after his Spuds game and Wenger didn't want to risk him at 2-0. Nobody would have seen that coming tbvh. I was praying for Vela to come on though because we needed that 3rd goal, and Merida as well because Eastmond was losing control of things in midfield.

I felt Wenger took too long.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
kofigunner said:
I just finished watching the game.For once I'm not going to blame Wenger here. These are professional players who are paid a lot of money to play a sport, something we would all like to do. Sadly a lot of them put very little effort into it. Yes we have goalkeeping and CB problems but that's not what caused this defeat. A lot of players were very sloppy with the ball as if nothing mattered. Nothing a manager can do about that apart from kicking some of them out next season. If we had showed half the desire Wigan showed, we would've won this game handily.
Agreed. The biggest fault wasn't Wenger, neither Fabianski, but how the whole team lost the game with a lack of desire and devoid of control during 2-0.

Did anyone saw the passion RVP had when he came on? Thats what we need

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
An interesting Twitter stream from John Cross from Mirror.

He is clearly an Arsenal fan and he went through same horror as all of us during yesterday Wigangate

<a class="postlink" href="http://twitter.com/johncrossmirror" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://twitter.com/johncrossmirror</a>

Let's be honest, hope it's the end for Almunia, as nice a bloke as he is. Still think Fabianski mentally scarred though. big day for him.

#Arsenal boss Wenger says Almunia has 'wrist injury'. Yeah, right. No jokes about wrist injuries, please. 'Fabianski deserves his chance'

Sol is captain today, what a great reward for his display on Weds night for #Arsenal. Let's hope he gets another year, great influence

Flapianski should command, that's keeper's ball. Bad sign for #Arsenal

That was a penalty! If ref gave pen against #Chelsea, that must be. Walcott cross handled. #Arsenal playing well, good reaction

Silvestre, who hopelessly gave the ball away a few mins ago, furious with #Arsenal keeper Fabianski for not being more in command.

No matter how good a shot stopper he is (shouldn't he be as a pro keeper!!!), Flapianski has to command better. Why #Arsenal need new keeper

Walcott not shooting because of lack of confidence for #Arsenal. How good was Sol, outstripped Rodallega for pace. Sign him up!!!!

My chum @darrenepstein1 says Flapianski is Joey from Friends. 'I'll be there for you...' Lukasz, please start saying that to your back four

Hooray! That's how you do it Theo! #Arsenal have deserced it. The hard part for Wenger is imagining if they'd beaten Sp**s...

Mickey Silver! 2-0 for #Arsenal. Could've been pen at one end, now 2-0. #Wigan letting themselves down, no fight. Flapianski good save!

Didn't N'Zogbia always used to say: #Arsenal want to sign me... Er, no they don't.
But why do some websites always pick up that nonsense??

Three games left for #Arsenal after this. It will still take a two game swing, for #Chelsea to lose one and draw one. Still need a miracle

Here comes Merida, wonder whether he'll chuck his shirt in the crowd at end?
Now #Wigan may make it interesting...

Credit to #Wigan. Pitch was relaid before this game and it's so much better. Wembley could learn... Flapianski better there

Goodnight Flapianksi, you clown. Never, ever again. No semi final excuse, please. This is standard. Arsène - get a keeper.

Great goal, but that would never have happened if Flapianski hadn't blundered for #Arsenal. Amazing win for #Wigan

#Arsenal fans pay big bucks for tickets, to follow team home and away. They deserve the club to invest in a keeper who won't let them down.

#Arsenal ledge Merson: 'Fabianski is useless. Until Arsenal sign a keeper they will never win another title.' Well said,Merse. Poor subs too

#Arsenal ledge Merse: 'I cannot believe it, I just cannot believe it.' Nice to see his passion, shame some players on pitch don't show any

Off to park, credit to #Wigan, what a fightback. But #Arsenal will do well to recover: awful on many levels. Flapianski must nvr play again

Gurgen

Established Member
We can only hope that this is the end of Fabianski's and Diaby's Arsenal careers. No-one deserves to be made to watch these two ever again.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom