• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wigan Athletic Vs Arsenal FC | Sun,18th April, 13:30 | SS1

Anzac

Established Member
sabret00the said:
Beeney said:
According to the papers Arsène has £60 million to spend. He better spend it all.
Bear in mind that the £60m includes contracts of players signed and contract renewals. It's why I believe that this is the optimum size squad and that if we're bringing in new players, old players have to go.

How many f*cking contract renewalls have we got left in the current team? Wasn't there more than a dozen plus completed this season?

Also I'm wondering if the criteria re our kitty needing to cover BOTH transfer fee AND wages holds true any longer since we've made the move?

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
Gurgen said:
We can only hope that this is the end of Fabianski's and Diaby's Arsenal careers. No-one deserves to be made to watch these two ever again.
Amen to that....

marco

1970*Gooner said:
Gurgen said:
We can only hope that this is the end of Fabianski's and Diaby's Arsenal careers. No-one deserves to be made to watch these two ever again.
Amen to that....

well said - please add almunia to that list.+ silvestre.

ricky1985

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
I dont understand Wenger's thinking with Robin. He should have brought him on much earlier. At 2-0 we were not performing and bringing Robin on could have sparked us into life, as it did at Tottenham. Perharps the experience with Cesc and Gallas led him to be too cautious.
It's obvious to me. Playing Robin was a gamble, he's been out for 5 months, played 25 minutes on Wednesday and was as tight as as drum afterwards, and so 2-0 up away at Wigan, it's not a risk you take unless you really have to.

Van Persie or no van Persie, it's completely irrelevant - Wigan were one of the poorest teams I've seen Arsenal face in a long time, and we should have been able to put Pat Rice on and still beat them. We didn't win because we played without any intensity, and we got exactly what we deserved.

There's no point splitting hairs over substitutions or tactical variations, the root cause was a lack of effort, and that's all that really matters.

Anzac

Established Member
Just seen the highlights show - 50% possession & Wigan had more shots on goal & more corners - for a team that supposedly plays possession football = WTF??????

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
The root cause was a lack of effort but also a severe dearth of intelligent players/movement in midfield and attack.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Anzac said:
Just seen the highlights show - 50% possession & Wigan had more shots on goal & more corners - for a team that supposedly plays possession football = WTF??????
I can't remember the last time we've dominated a game possession-wise. At least we used to have possession against teams even if we weren't creating many chances, but now we can't do either. Let alone defend anything.

Bossa

Established Member
Anyone else got mad at Wenger when he brang on Eboué and Merida. It pisses me off when Wenger brings on Eboue no matter what. And I dont understand why the **** he brought on Merida. He wanted to bring them on at 2-0 but when Wigan scored he should have subbed on Vela and RVP imo. Bringing Eboué on never changes anything. And when he brought on RVP in the 90th minute. I felt like breaking the TV.

Accomplished

Established Member
sabret00the said:
Merida+Denilson said:
Quicker than Walcott said:
I can't remember the last time we've dominated a game possession-wise.

Sp**s, less than a week ago. Ring any bells?

:lol: Didn't we have around 70% possession for most of this game?!

pretty much.

But, y'know, don't let that cloud your judgement, after all, according to QTW, this club is "rotten to the core", and even if we signed 6 world class players, we'd still be crap. :wink:

caldeltatrojan

I haven't been on here to write since the NLD as it has been too painful but yesterday took the cake. It was like a gut shot that was made all the worse by the early morning kick off here and the general sh*ttiness of the opponent. It was a lackadaisical performance throughout, but the players who were interested in playing like Theo, Bendtner, and Eastmond (who fought bravely and acquitted himself well) got us in position to win. Even Silvestre scored! Had a laugh at that one.

I have to say, my thoughts are summed up perfectly by Arseblogger, but I have to put my thoughts on Diaby down. I hated Diaby until his purple patch this year. I thought he was lazy, uncommitted, mentally unprepared, and careless. He was not a player I would pick for Arsenal. Around the time AW started playing him in CM rather than wing forward, he put in some stunning performances of dynamic drive and great technical ability. His dribbling was mesmerizing and he had seemed to cut out his passenger tendencies. Well, yesterday Abou Diaby was the one who cost us the game. His mental vacation when he was responsible for covering the miserable hoofer that was in the penalty box for the first goal was the epitome of unprofessional. It washes away any of the good for me because it shows that he hasn't put his worst tendencies behind him and this kind of lapse eclipses any fancy dribbling run or goal (not to mention that none of these performances I can remember came against a team with equal or better technical ability than Arsenal). His attitude is unprofessional and he allowed Wigan a foothold in a game they had no business in, even at home and against a severely weakened Arsenal side. I hope he is done here. I can't deal with watching him anymore.

caldeltatrojan

Bossa said:
Anyone else got mad at Wenger when he brang on Eboué and Merida. It pisses me off when Wenger brings on Eboue no matter what. And I dont understand why the f**k he brought on Merida. He wanted to bring them on at 2-0 but when Wigan scored he should have subbed on Vela and RVP imo. Bringing Eboué on never changes anything. And when he brought on RVP in the 90th minute. I felt like breaking the TV.

Great points. I totally agree. The subs he chose were baffling.

sabret00the

Established Member
Bossa said:
Anyone else got mad at Wenger when he brang on Eboué and Merida. It pisses me off when Wenger brings on Eboue no matter what. And I dont understand why the f**k he brought on Merida. He wanted to bring them on at 2-0 but when Wigan scored he should have subbed on Vela and RVP imo. Bringing Eboué on never changes anything. And when he brought on RVP in the 90th minute. I felt like breaking the TV.

To be fair, him bringing on Eboue for Sagna has helped us a lot.

caldeltatrojan

fabo said:
What made you think Bendtner was interested yesterday?

Maybe it was his pass to Theo for the goal. He still drives me nuts coming deep for the ball when we need him to be the tip of the spear in the attack. But maybe the pass caused me to overlook an otherwise dire performance. I'd take another look, but I never want to see that game again.

Bossa

Established Member
Bendtner is criticised too harsh. His goals and assists rate has been superb since he came back. You cant really judge a striker on the rest. I only judge them on their goals and assists. I dont care about the rest because a striker should not bother about the rest. Its in the nature of the striker.

29(8 as a sub)games, 12 goals and 8 assists is great.

caldeltatrojan

Bossa said:
Bendtner is criticised too harsh. His goals and assists rate has been superb since he came back. You cant really judge a striker on the rest. I only judge them on their goals and assists. I dont care about the rest because a striker should not bother about the rest. Its in the nature of the striker.

I tend to agree with you, but I think his time spent in midfield is worth criticizing because it takes him away from the spot on the field where his skills are best utilized- top of the box to the goalmouth.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom