• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wigan Athletic Vs Arsenal FC | Sun,18th April, 13:30 | SS1

TomasCR

Established Member
Gurgen said:
Silvestre mate, Silvestre :wink:
Wasn't a fan of that before but I think we might see Sagna in there ahead of Silvestre with Eboue on the right. Or at least it's an option the manager definitely has to consider.

11vanpersie

Almunia
Clichy Silvestre Sagna Eboue
Nasri Eastmond Diaby
Eduardo Bendtner Vela

Rest Campbell, we need a good solid defender against City. Bring on Van Persie for 30 minutes.

Anfield 1884

AM's Resident Liverpool Fan
Robin Van Persie - A story of how an elite footballer with supreme skill has been tormented by injuries that have plagued him through out his whole career.

We all very much doubt he'll come out of them down beat or be filled with bitternes with all the set backs, if anything it will meerly fuel his desire and drive in his quest for a trophy ( Obviously for next season )

For years, Robin has struggled with injuries and found himself to be off the pitch and on his own, but when you see him coming on with twenty minutes to go against fierce arch rivals, only to trap the ball mid-flight, spin and half bicycle kick an effort goalwards is very typical to whats been missing. That killer instinct that he has.

He's a player that galvanizes the other players in the squad, and bring that hint of belief back. He has heart fight passion and skill.

Very few have it, Robin to grab two today....

irishgunnerz

AWOL
Trusted ⭐
Seeing as we rarely win on the occasions I have bet us jut might put a five on Wigan! See if my luck runs true to form

regele

Established Member
TomasCR said:
Gurgen said:
Silvestre mate, Silvestre :wink:
Wasn't a fan of that before but I think we might see Sagna in there ahead of Silvestre with Eboue on the right. Or at least it's an option the manager definitely has to consider.
That's a good shout; if we can also play Nik, RvP and Theo upfront, we have a chance of finishing strong and seeing some good football from Arsenal.

Bossa

Established Member
TomasCR said:
I'd like to see that too, but I think Eduardo will start today.

If RVP is not going to be risked today I can see Eddy start on the LW. But other than that I dont see him ahead of Walcott and Bendtner.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
It's so clear now that to make our attack work we need someone with an excellent first touch as the centre forward (van Persie). Bendtner cannot play that role. End of story. I'd like him on the right wing though. Next season we need an alternative to RvP, someone also quite tall and with a great touch.

Ganymede

Starting XI: Fabianski, Sagna, Campbell, Silvestre, Clichy, Diaby, Eastmond, Rosicky, Nasri, Walcott, Bendtner.

Subs: Van Persie, Vela, Mannone, Eboue, Traore, Merida, Henderson.

patrick42uk

Established Member
Quicker than Walcott said:
It's so clear now that to make our attack work we need someone with an excellent first touch as the centre forward (van Persie). Bendtner cannot play that role. End of story. I'd like him on the right wing though. Next season we need an alternative to RvP, someone also quite tall and with a great touch.

Yeah theres this guy in France that plays for Bordeaux. His name escapes me right now, Chamac or Chamaque or something.... Could be worth considering.

Muharraqawi

After Wenger's recent comments I did expect him to give Fabianski a run-in until the end of the season, and I really think that he's conisdering buying a new goalkeeper but that doesn't necessarily mean that he will, he needs to give Fabianski a chance before deciding.

Bossa

Established Member
Holy smokes! Almunia finally dropped? Not even benched? Eddy not even benched??? Henderson on the bench???

Strange lineup and bench.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
I'm looking forward to seeing Eastmond, I think the kid's quality. Disappointing forward line again, zero composure/touch/movement. I'd play Vela---van Persie---Bendtner.

Latest posts

Top Bottom