• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wigan Athletic vs Arsenal (Sunday 4pm on Sky Sports 1)

arsmile

Established Member
i like it!!! - keeping it simple!

here's what i reckon we'll see:

al
sag-gallas-send-clichy
denilson-fabregas-flamini-hleb
nik-ade

could easily see gilb there and cesc wide though..........we're loosing players stupidly....but it should be enough!!

Feanor

Established Member
sashakal said:
Discuss. (This is probably the worst match thread ever)

Yes it is, and I hate people who finish their posts with "Discuss". The polite way to do it is to pose a question like "What do you guys think?" or "Is everyone else as excited as I am?". Discuss is how the wankers on Spud sites finish all their posts, we're better than that! I'm hoping one the mods will fix pretty this up soon.

Sorry sashakal, didn't mean to put you down (maybe a little) but we do have standards here at arsenal mania.

Back to the discussion, this is another key game, I think pretty much every single game the rest of the way is going to be key unless Manure and Chelski give us some breathing room. According to Wenger's comments (http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story ... 21&cc=5901), the pitch is going to be more fit for a pig fight than a football game. Wigan will park the team bus in their box and hope to get a point out of this so our boys will have to roll their sleeves, put on their Galoshes and just grind out a victory. I guess Diaby and Walcott are both out, anyone know if Rosissy is anywhere near a comeback?

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
surprised we didnt have one yet.. almost forgot about it.. lol (j/k)

we need 3 points, full stop... even with the players we have out, we should be able to get them... (SHOULD be able to)

dutchMasta

Same line-up as Arsmile for me, no other possibility, with the players we have out and RVP's lack of fitness. He should come on for the last 20 mins or so though.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
Feanor said:
sashakal said:
Discuss. (This is probably the worst match thread ever)

Yes it is, and I hate people who finish their posts with "Discuss". The polite way to do it is to pose a question like "What do you guys think?" or "Is everyone else as excited as I am?". Discuss is how the wankers on Spud sites finish all their posts, we're better than that! I'm hoping one the mods will fix pretty this up soon.

Sorry sashakal, didn't mean to put you down (maybe a little) but we do have standards here at arsenal mania.

seriously?

Mostarac

Established Member
This should be an easy win :wink: . Seriously, we can`t afford to under-rate any of our opponents in the league from now on if we are to win the league. Our fantastic conquering of Milan has probably given our players great deal of confidence, but I am sure our players will treat this match with the importnance it requires.

dutchMasta

We can't expect every member to do one of though long pre-match analysis with news bits, injuries, form, etc.

It's about time this thread was up anyway. They should be created earlier and 1st thread edited whenever the analysis and stuff is ready imo. News about injuries and even a Wenger interview about this match has gone up before this thread has.

AFCG7

Established Member
Absolutely terrible pitch.. we have playd on worse pitches before but i havent seen any as bad as that one in the Wenger era. We played at Ipswich once on a pitch that looked like it had just been ploughed - they dont call them tractor boys for nothing. :D

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
even my wife commented on their pitch when she watched them play against Chelsea a few weeks ago, wondering why there was a big bare patch down the entire length of it.. i mean, how hard is it really to maintain a decent pitch?

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
wow. we just created this match thread with around 2 days to go. LOL
milan hangover eh, understandably.

hope we don't fumble this up. any kind of win will do

Pádraig

Only thing that can stop us really is complacency. Although, they do have a **** pitch too. We better take three points from this: we have to put pressure on United.

Ooh to be a gooner

Lukazan said:
I'm still very much for Clichy on the left wing.

Never destabilise your back four. Why would you replace a fantastic LB and place him on the wing where he would be decent at best, with the questionable Traore. If anything put Traore as the winger.
It reminds me a bit of what Benitez does with SG when he puts him out on the wing.

fabregas

Lukazan said:
I'm still very much for Clichy on the left wing.

Traore for left back? I doubt that. Or Gallas? If Gallas, who would play in the centre?

I'm very much for Arsmile's line-up with Denilson in the wings, it would be a better try than Diaby in the wings.

Gurgen

Established Member
I'll go with Arsmile's lineup, I don't want to see Fabregas on the right. Denilson can do a better job there.

Good thing about our injuries is that Wenger cannot possibly play 4-5-1.

Feanor

Established Member
USArsenal said:
even my wife commented on their pitch when she watched them play against Chelsea a few weeks ago, wondering why there was a big bare patch down the entire length of it.. i mean, how hard is it really to maintain a decent pitch?

If you believe the number from FM, it is very expensive but it's not always in the home team's best interest to maintain a good pitch. If you play hackball as opposed to total football, you probably want the wigan pitch and they can get away with it during the winter. I do believe the EPL has regulations and standards about pitches but clubs get away with more during the winter. I wouldn't be surprised if both the chelsea and Manure pitches go through a rough patch just on time for our game.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom