• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wigan Athletic vs Arsenal (Sunday 4pm on Sky Sports 1)

stuart

Established Member
scruzgooner said:
i am seriously hoping we bring in barazite to play in front of clichy. he looked the stuff in his short stint of the cc, and, well, we're playing wigan. so, bring him on the left, then have hleb on the right, and nik and ade up front. the rest of the setup the same.

van persie to score after coming on for nik in minute 60.

You know, and i know that thats not gonna happen!

invisibleman18

Established Member
Must win game of course.
The injury situation is far beyond ridiculous now. So from the side that started at Milan, I imagine Denilson and Bendtner will come in for Diaby and Eboue.
So the most likely lineup is probably:
Almunia
Sagna Senderos Gallas Clichy
Denilson Fabregas Flamini Hleb
Adebayor Bendtner

Bench: Lehmann, Toure (is he back?), Van Persie, Gilberto, Hoyte

There's not exactly much to bring off the bench is there?
Certainly not in terms of needing to find a goal in the last 15-20 minutes anyway! Other than Van Persie just coming back from a long injury layoff of course.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
I've seen a couple (maybe just one) of line-ups above with Toure for Senderos, but he's apparently only a "chance" for Wigan according to official site.

stuart

Established Member
Adebayor double (possibly a hat trick) in a rout or else a very scrappy win. I'd be shocked if we drop points no matter what the conditions are like. We'll be up for it. Could be a bit of a kicking match

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Just heard some rumour that Denilson might be also injured in the friendly. A friendly cost Arsenal three squad players. Unlucky. :(

Anyway, my starting XI for this game:

Almunia
Hoyte, Gallas, Senderos, Clichy
Sagna, Cesc, Flamini, Hleb
Adebayor, Bendtner

Sub: Lehmann, Traore, Gilberto, Barazite, van Persie

IBL

Established Member
Oh I just realised that ManUre and Chelski are in FA Cup action this week so wont be amassing any points...a chance for user to get a 4 point gap over ManU. Another must win game regardless of how, if we play our two lanky guys up front we can bypass the plough-field in the middle of the pitch.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
where is everyone hearing this rumour that Denilson got hurt in this friendly too? Wenger did not mention it and he is not listed on the site's injury list (updated this morning)....

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
but this is all Wenger says on the main site:

Abou Diaby (calf) and Theo Walcott (thigh) have been added to the injury list since the midweek game. Robin van Persie was on duty in Milan but did not come off the bench. He played an hour in a behind-closed-doors game with Colorado Rapids on Thursday but may not be risked from the start this weekend. Kolo Toure (calf) and Alex Song (knee) have a minor possibility of coming back. Eduardo (broken leg) and Tomas Rosicky (hamstring) definitely miss out.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
That's my point US, when you add those dots together - arseblog, Irish use of arseblog, and us (which I am sure was first an arseblog quote) - you get either a load of crap/second hand crap or somebody who somehow knows something that no one else officially seems to know.

I think we all know which is more likely.

Biggus

Established Member
RC8 said:
I logged in to make the match thread but it seems it's been taken care of (sort of). Why build a house if you can live under a bridge, eh? ;)

I've been quite busy, I'll start next week's game on time, I promise.

Is RC8 is a little miffed that Sashakal started the match thread?

Is RC8 happy with the outcome?

DISCUSS! (10 marks)

Lancelot

Established Member
Biggus said:
RC8 said:
I logged in to make the match thread but it seems it's been taken care of (sort of). Why build a house if you can live under a bridge, eh? ;)

I've been quite busy, I'll start next week's game on time, I promise.

Is RC8 is a little miffed that Sashakal started the match thread? (1)

Is RC8 happy with the outcome? (2)

DISCUSS! (10 marks)
:lol: :lol: :lol:

(1) The answer is quite clear your honour; as RC8 attached the " :wink: " smiley at the end of his first paragraph, I believe the evidence is conclusive that he holds no grudge towards Sashakal (your version is okay to me, by the way)

(2) As you can see, your honour, that even though RC8 confirmed that he is now a very busy man, he made a solid promise to us that he will be here to post his match thread on time for the next match. I believe the evidence is, yet again, conclusive that RC8 is obviously :whistling with this particular match thread from Sashakal.

Now for the topic, I think the fact that we've come this far by losing just 1 match is enough to convince me that we are not going to lose any more games against inferior teams even with the current injury situation; 28 games: 19 wins, 8 draws and 1 defeat - with all the dramas we've faced - are some serious consistent s**t we are talking here. Buckle up, people; it's going to be a bumpy ride at the JJB stadium.

2-0 with Ade adding one more to his tally with a header and Hleb's long-range cracker will be another.

Lancelot

Established Member
Gautam_bhatia said:
Lancelot said:
2-0 with Ade adding one more to his tally with a header and Hleb's long-range cracker will be another.
Hleb's what what? ;)
I know mate :D - but with that kind of pitch; I really doubt that Hleb is going to look for a pass first as usual.

Damn it! The ball could just suddenly disappear into the hole if we keep passing it. :lol:

Lancelot

Established Member
stuart said:
No introduction Lancelot? Maximum 6 marks ;)
:eek:ops:

I'll make sure to remember that and do better next time sir!

*Lancelot eagerly responds to his teacher's, Mr. Stuart, advice*

:wink:

Top Bottom