<

Wigan Athletic vs Arsenal (Sunday 4pm on Sky Sports 1)

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by Juicy, Mar 7, 2008.

1. stuart

stuart New Member Trusted

You know, and i know that thats not gonna happen!

2. invisibleman18

invisibleman18 New Member Elite

Must win game of course.
    The injury situation is far beyond ridiculous now. So from the side that started at Milan, I imagine Denilson and Bendtner will come in for Diaby and Eboue.
    So the most likely lineup is probably:
    Almunia
    Sagna Senderos Gallas Clichy
    Denilson Fabregas Flamini Hleb
    Adebayor Bendtner

Bench: Lehmann, Toure (is he back?), Van Persie, Gilberto, Hoyte

There's not exactly much to bring off the bench is there?
    Certainly not in terms of needing to find a goal in the last 15-20 minutes anyway! Other than Van Persie just coming back from a long injury layoff of course.

3. AnthonyG

AnthonyG Arse Emeritus Administrator

I've seen a couple (maybe just one) of line-ups above with Toure for Senderos, but he's apparently only a "chance" for Wigan according to official site.

4. stuart

Adebayor double (possibly a hat trick) in a rout or else a very scrappy win. I'd be shocked if we drop points no matter what the conditions are like. We'll be up for it. Could be a bit of a kicking match

5. tactica442

tactica442 Member Trusted

Just heard some rumour that Denilson might be also injured in the friendly. A friendly cost Arsenal three squad players. Unlucky. :(

Anyway, my starting XI for this game:

Almunia
    Hoyte, Gallas, Senderos, Clichy
    Sagna, Cesc, Flamini, Hleb
    Adebayor, Bendtner

Sub: Lehmann, Traore, Gilberto, Barazite, van Persie

6. IBL

IBL New Member Elite

Oh I just realised that ManUre and Chelski are in FA Cup action this week so wont be amassing any points...a chance for user to get a 4 point gap over ManU. Another must win game regardless of how, if we play our two lanky guys up front we can bypass the plough-field in the middle of the pitch.

7. USArsenal

USArsenal H.Y.I.C. Administrator

where is everyone hearing this rumour that Denilson got hurt in this friendly too? Wenger did not mention it and he is not listed on the site's injury list (updated this morning)....

8. AnthonyG

As far as I can tell, arseblog, some Irish place that ran the arseblog blog and us:
    http://www.arseblog.com/WP/index.php

9. USArsenal

but this is all Wenger says on the main site:

Abou Diaby (calf) and Theo Walcott (thigh) have been added to the injury list since the midweek game. Robin van Persie was on duty in Milan but did not come off the bench. He played an hour in a behind-closed-doors game with Colorado Rapids on Thursday but may not be risked from the start this weekend. Kolo Toure (calf) and Alex Song (knee) have a minor possibility of coming back. Eduardo (broken leg) and Tomas Rosicky (hamstring) definitely miss out.

10. AnthonyG

That's my point US, when you add those dots together - arseblog, Irish use of arseblog, and us (which I am sure was first an arseblog quote) - you get either a load of crap/second hand crap or somebody who somehow knows something that no one else officially seems to know.

I think we all know which is more likely.

11. USArsenal

so we'll probably see Denilson starting on Sunday....

12. AnthonyG

...or not. :lol:

13. Biggus

Biggus New Member Elite

Is RC8 is a little miffed that Sashakal started the match thread?

Is RC8 happy with the outcome?

DISCUSS! (10 marks)

14. bethie

bethie New Member

15. Lancelot

Lancelot Well-Known Member Trusted

:lol: :lol: :lol:

(1) The answer is quite clear your honour; as RC8 attached the " :wink: " smiley at the end of his first paragraph, I believe the evidence is conclusive that he holds no grudge towards Sashakal (your version is okay to me, by the way)

(2) As you can see, your honour, that even though RC8 confirmed that he is now a very busy man, he made a solid promise to us that he will be here to post his match thread on time for the next match. I believe the evidence is, yet again, conclusive that RC8 is obviously :whistling with this particular match thread from Sashakal.

Now for the topic, I think the fact that we've come this far by losing just 1 match is enough to convince me that we are not going to lose any more games against inferior teams even with the current injury situation; 28 games: 19 wins, 8 draws and 1 defeat - with all the dramas we've faced - are some serious consistent s**t we are talking here. Buckle up, people; it's going to be a bumpy ride at the JJB stadium.

2-0 with Ade adding one more to his tally with a header and Hleb's long-range cracker will be another.

16. Gautam_bhatia

Gautam_bhatia New Member

Hleb's what what? ;)

17. Lancelot

I know mate :D - but with that kind of pitch; I really doubt that Hleb is going to look for a pass first as usual.

Damn it! The ball could just suddenly disappear into the hole if we keep passing it. :lol:

18. stuart

No introduction Lancelot? Maximum 6 marks ;)

19. Lancelot

:oops:

I'll make sure to remember that and do better next time sir!

*Lancelot eagerly responds to his teacher's, Mr. Stuart, advice*

:wink:

20. the dawn raids

the dawn raids New Member Trusted

bendtner is a must start for me; its time to see what he can do on a regular basis.

D
    I
    S
    C
    U
    S
    S
    !