• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wigan Athletic vs Arsenal (Sunday 4pm on Sky Sports 1)

banduan

Established Member
AnthonyG said:
I'll tell you what Banduan, towards the very end of the game (last minute basically) when Wigan were making all the running, I too thought let's just get this point and get the hell out of this, erm, hell-hole.

My thoughts exactly.

And I'm not understanding the derision for the players. Some were obviously knackered, but still gave their best shot.

And Bert wasn't that bad.

The only player I thought was awful was Ade. But I know he blows hot and cold anyway.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
I don't think Gilberto had a bad game. He played like he has been before for the past few years.

He's a passive DM. Has always been.

It's just when you have an upcoming million volt-charged flamster who's having a good season, you will see Gilberto as just another player.

If you can't dink, better hit the ball as hard as you can on the keeper's face and give him a shiner.

At least you'll end up being a cult hero :wink:

Biggus

Established Member
bojed said:
If you can't dink, better hit the ball as hard as you can on the keeper's face and give him a shiner.

If you're going to hammer it, keep it low and straight through the legs.....Or you could try and take it around, any contact at all will probably floor you- penalty.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
Biggus said:
bojed said:

If you're going to hammer it, keep it low and straight through the legs.....Or you could try and take it around, any contact at all will probably floor you- penalty.

"But the pitch is too bad to do that!"

:lol:

banduan

Established Member
BTW, tut-tut on the idiots who keep saying Arsenal can't handle the physical approach- because while Wigan were industrious, they were never overtly physical.

Asterix

Established Member
Wigan actually played quite well. They will go okay next season. Palacios and Valencia give them something interesting that other teams down there like, say, Sunderland, don't have.

We had better come out of this slump soon or we're ****ed.

Does our season rest on Walcott and van Persie now? Maybe. Am i starting to sound like Myles Palmer? God help me, I think I am.

Wokich

I'd like to hold up Melchiot as well. I think he had an excellent game.

I feel like we've come full circle. At the beginning of this season I was very worried about how we were going to respond to the disappearance of Thierry Henry. I was absolutely convinced that we were going to succeed or not as a team based on how far Robin van Persie can carry us. Unfortunately, Robin got injured but we remained at or near the top.

Eduardo and others stepped it up and held us near the top of the league before injuries hit us like a shotgun.

Now, this match against Wigan has me nervous and thinking we need somewhat of a boost for the next few games. To complete the circle, I'm again thinking we'll go as far as Robin van Persie is going to take us.

DC Gunner

Established Member
We have to take the missing players into account in terms of disrupted team chemistry.

I just wanted to mention one thing, maybe it is just me, but I did not notice Gallas do anything as a captain rallying the troops or pushing his mates forward, did anyone else notice that ?

Has he all of the sudden realised that we lost the cutting edge ? or has he lost it himself ?

just an observation.

Biggus

Established Member
DC Gunner said:
I just wanted to mention one thing, maybe it is just me, but I did not notice Gallas do anything as a captain rallying the troops or pushing his mates forward, did anyone else notice that ?

Has he all of the sudden realised that we lost the cutting edge ? or has he lost it himself ?

just an observation.

You're crazy DC, he was everywhere, encouraging us on, despite being tired, behaving like a real leader........err hang on we're talking about Flamini right?

Dez

Wenger ****ed up bad... simple as that. The substitution was ludicrous. Bendtner shouldn't have come off, Toure shouldn't have come on.

The game should have finished with this formation:

Hleb Cesc Flamini RVp
Bendtner Ade

not with Toure playing right wing...

Lancelot

Established Member
Dez said:
Wenger f*d up bad... simple as that. The substitution was ludicrous. Bendtner shouldn't have come off, Touré shouldn't have come on.

The game should have finished with this formation:

Hleb Cesc Flamini RVp
Bendtner Ade

not with Touré playing right wing...
You can not be serious with that, mate.

What is the point of van Persie playing as a left midfielder? I think we have a good idea on who is playing better with Adebayor when it comes down to Robin and Nicklas.

marco

Yep the pitch was bad we all knew that
yep we were a little jadded after milan..

but at the end of the day the game should have been over after 50 seconds when our supposed world class striker is one on one..

he ****ed it at birmingham and he ****ed it at wigan.. thats 4 points down the drain..

rvp had some nice touches when he came on but all in all a ****e performance and throughly bollocks day..

3 points from brum,. villa and wigan doesnt win you league titles

KingReyes

Established Member
Disappointing performance, not much else you can say about it.

The pitch was horrible but the football was average and the number of misplaced passes cannot be blamed on the pitch.

As other mentioned after the Milan game, we'll probably drop points at Wigan with a lethargic performance and they didn't disappoint.

Pity because we got off to a good start.

Gooner for 60 years

Apart from St. Totteringham's Day arriving in record time, 4 days earlier than the previous record, this was not a game to savour.
Very much a case of "After the Lord Mayor's Parade...." ...the biggest problem being that the Lord Mayor's horses had not only cut up the pitch but left plenty of dung.
BUT it was a point better than I'd expected at half time. To my mind this was going to be a replay of the Everton or SheffU games from last season... especially when Brown stamped on Cesc presumably out of sight of both Styles and his linesman. Hopefully a citing will follow. Strangely he'd been positively angelic up to then. Horrible sod.

Bar big Phil's performance, which was something to smile about in a positive way, the week end was one of disappointment. How dare MFU and Chel$ki reduce their playing time for the season!

Watching a footballing equivalent of The Alamo twice in one day...only on both occasions the good guys won...should have been hilarious but wanting the bad guys to equalise was a strange feeling.

And then yesterday. How on earth did we lose to that bunch of pub players who Cardiff not only outplayed but embarrassed? When did Whittingham find that skill? For sure he never showed it at the Villa.

Suspect the only real smiles were to be found on the faces of the bookies...the odds on the 4 semi finalists at the start ranged from 40-1 to 500-1 for Barnsley. Wonder how many sides recently have managed an away win at Anfield plus a home win against Chel$ki? Not many.

Rohit

Established Member
Alfonso said:
Rohit said:
I for one saw no signs of physical or mental fatigue.

Villa game?

Certainly, we just didn't want to be there that day, which was surprising after all the talk of doing it for Eduardo but not yesterday, in my opinion atleast, i can't fault any player for lack of committment or effort, not even Gilberto, he just isn't good enough anymore.

algunner

What pissed me off is we had 2 clear chances that any team would put away. The 1st minute what a chance with Ade and went begging. Fab had a chance at the end and also missed. I think we had a mind set not to concede first because we will get a chance to score but we forgot that we don't have a deadly finisher in our strikers. It seems we need like 3 -5 clear chances to score first. That could be a the title decider.

Bergy_1995

Kirkland had a very good game to be fair, Algunner. He thwarted all our openings excellently and in the process kept his side in the game throughout. Their defence also had a good game and didn't give us much time in the attacking third. Midfield was also dogged and competitive from start to finish. They could've even nicked a goal if they displayed the same quality upfront. It's amazing they're fighting for survival.

That said we enjoyed the majority of possession and should've really turned that into goals. We missed that killer instinct and winning mentality which is so important away from home. Eduardo we miss you....

Herbert Chapman

banduan said:
Herbert Chapman said:
Gilberto should not be playing.

I think we cocked up letting Diarra leave.

"An unhappy brazilain is not worth having"

You're F**king right there.

Uninspired, lazy, completeley ineffective and the same could be said for Ade.

"An unhappy Frenchman is not worth having".

Anyway,

1) Pitch was awful but we should be learning how to handle this, and Wenger should be adjusting.

2) Wigan did very well and deserved the point, and even made it an end-to-end match.

3) Bendy off for RVP was a bizarre decision.

4) Gallas staying on was a massive risk.

5) Their chances on goal were better than ours bar Fabs.

6) We did excellently defensively, all things said.

I'd chalk this as a poitn gained actually.

I'd be unhappy with that Brazilian tripe in front of me. This has been Bert "sulking" all season and generaly not giving a toss.

We lost a great player in Diarra.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
Herbert Chapman said:
... We lost a great player in Diarra.
And good riddance too; to bad rubbish as Richie would say. :wink:

Seriously, this over the top wistful nostalgia for this immature train wreck smacks of desperation and is quite frankly embarrassing. No offence.

Anzac

Established Member
didn't manage to stay awake for the game - fell asleep after Cardiff went 2-0 up v Boro.....................

woke when we were about 20 mins into the game, saw the line-up, saw the formation, saw the pitch, saw Bendtner get booked - then thought f*ck here we go again!!!!!
copped a serve from the missus & went to bed as I didn't think our performance etc warranted the aggravation.....................

Latest posts+

Top Bottom