• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wigan vs Arsenal Match Ratings

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Fabianski 6 - Could have done better for the goal
Sagna 6
Toure 6
Djourou 5.5
Gibbs 5.5
Walcott 6.5
Denilson 2
Song 7
Cesc 7.5
Arshavin 7.5
Bendtner 5.5

Silvestre 5
Ade 7
RVP 6.5

ibby

Established Member
Fabianski 6
Sagna 7
Touré 6
Djourou 6
Gibbs 5
Walcott 5
Denilson 5
Song 7
Cesc 6
Arshavin 7
Bendtner 6

Silvestre 6
Ade 7
RVP 7

M+D

Established Member
ibby said:
Fabianski 6
Sagna 7
Touré 6
Djourou 6
Gibbs 5
Walcott 5
Denilson 5
Song 7
Cesc 6
Arshavin 7
Bendtner 6

Silvestre 6
Ade 7
RVP 7

I'd go along with that tbh, maybe a 6 for Walcott though.

Proof

Established Member
Fabianski 6.5

Sagna 7
Toure 6.5
Djourou 6
Gibbs 6

Walcott 6
Denilson 5
Song 7.5
Fabregas 6

Arshavin 7
Bendtner 6

Subs:
Silvestre 6
Adebayor 7
Van Persie 7

kamikaze80

Established Member
fabianski - 6

sagna - 7
toure - 7
djourou - 6
gibbs - 4

walcott - 5 - he'd be so good if he had a brain; if i were him, i'd watch arshavin very carefully in training and do whatever he does
denilson - 5
song - 7.5 - solid
fabregas - 6 - not an AM
arshavin - 7.5 - MOTM - had a hand in 3 of our goals, greatly accelerates our play, we need to get him more touches

bendtner - 5

silvestre - 6
adebayor - 7
van persie - 6

Raider

Established Member
kamikaze80 said:
fabianski - 6

sagna - 7
Touré - 7
djourou - 6
gibbs - 4

walcott - 5
denilson - 5
song - 7.5
fabregas - 6
arshavin - 7.5 - MOTM

bendtner - 5

silvestre - 6
adebayor - 7
van persie - 6

This

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Fabianski - 5.5

Sagna - 6
Touré - 7
Silvestre - 6
Gibbs - 5.5

Walcott - 6.5
Denilson - 5
Song - 7
Fabregas - 6.5

Arshavin - 8
Bendtner - 4

---
Djourou - N/A
Adebayor - 7.5
van Persie - 6

el capitan

I feel it would be unfair to give ratings without having a decent stream to watch but based on what I know of the game, I'd go along with proof's ratings:
proof_afc said:
Fabianski 6.5

Sagna 7
Touré 6.5
Djourou 6
Gibbs 6

Walcott 6
Denilson 5
Song 7.5
Fabregas 6

Arshavin 7
Bendtner 6

Subs:
Silvestre 6
Adebayor 7
Van Persie 7

qs

Established Member
Fabianski 6
Sagna 5
Touré 7
Djourou 5
Gibbs 6

Walcott 7
Denilson 6
Song 7
Cesc 7
Arshavin 8 MOTM
Bendtner 3

Silvestre 5
Ade 7
RVP 6

GaelForce22

Established Member
Fabianski 5.5

Sagna 6
Toure 6
Djourou 6
Gibbs 5

Denilson 4
Song 7

Walcott 5
Fabregas 6
Arshavin 7

Bendtner 5

Subs: 567 for Silvestre, Robin and Ade respectively.

ricky1985

Established Member
Fabianski - 6. Couple of quite big errors, and I felt he should have stopped Mido's goal. Must be hard playing behind an out of sorts (is there any other kind) Mikael Silvestre though. Didn't do too badly after that, but we'll need much better from him in the big games ahead.

Sagna - 6. Not great, look jaded. I've never seen him play so deep, and cross the half-way line so rarely. Rodallega troubled him. Still had a decent, reliable game though.

Toure - 6. Some poor clearances, and poor positioning, but some great interceptions, tackles, and headers.

Djourou - 5. Started poorly, doesn't read the game well enough atm. Injury is still a big blow however.

Gibbs - 5. I was proud of how he stuck at his task, he showed real grit and determination. However, he's not good enough, and Clichy is going to be a massive, massive lost in the weeks ahead.

Walcott - 6. He's not shook the rustiness, or injury concerns out of his system, or out of his head just yet. He's playing at 75%, there's is so much more to come. Great finish for the goal though. Central midfield was hugely to blame for both Walcott's and Arshavins ineffectiveness in the first half however.

Song - 8. Pondered giving him a 9, but he wasn't quite good enough in the first half to warrant it. Absolutely outstanding in the second though. Compeltely dominated, physically, and distributed excellently. Great goal, well deserved. He's easily the best 'defensive midfielder' we have at the club, and automatically the best partner for Fabregas in a 4-4-2.

Denilson - 4. Passed poorly, tackled poorly, positioned himself poorly. Offered little to nothing. No coincidence we improved immeasureably with him on the bench. Sorry, but he simply isn't good enough.

Arshavin - 8. Isolated, and ignored in the first half. Well, not ignored exactly, we simply didn't have the ball very often to get him in the game. Amazing in the second half though. He's incredible.

Fabregas - 7. Similar to Arshavin in the first half, saw far too little of the ball. When he moved back into his proper position in the second half he dominated the game once more.

Bendtner. Quite possibly the worst performance I have ever seen from an Arsenal attacker. Not a single positive contribution I can recall. Admittedly he was isolated, and starved of service, but whenever the ball did come his way, he was beyond terrible. Should be dropped from the sqaud for a while to remind him he's achieved nothig yet.

Subs

Silvestre. A complete horror show!

Van Persie - 4. Doesn't fit in with Fabregas, Arshavin and Ade. Ade fits in because he is the outlet, the focus of Arshavin and Fabregas' creative genius, Van persie is neither the creator, or the outlet. He sticks out like a saw thumb with his awkward style and slow-thinking football mind.

Adebayor - 7. Awesome, looked very, very good. He is going to score a mountain load of goals in this team.

progman07

Established Member
qs said:
Fabianski 6
Sagna 5
Touré 7
Djourou 5
Gibbs 6

Walcott 7
Denilson 6
Song 7
Cesc 7
Arshavin 8 MOTM
Bendtner 3

Silvestre 5
Ade 7
RVP 6
This looks good, though it is very generous to give Denilson a 6 for doing nothing other than getting beaten at the corner before the goal.

godfather

Fabianski - 6.5

Sagna - 6
Touré - 7
Silvestre - 6
Gibbs - 5

Walcott - 6
Denilson - 5
Song - 8
Fabregas - 6.5

Arshavin - 8
Bendtner - 6

Adebayor - 7.5
van Persie - 6

TomasCR

Established Member
Fabianski 6

Sagna 6
Touré 6.5
Djourou 6
Gibbs 5.5

Walcott 6
Denilson 5
Song 7
Cesc 6.5
Arshavin 7.5

Bendtner 5.5

Silvestre 6 Just for the goal, lucky he scored it, could have been much worse otherwise.
Ade 6
RVP 6.5

Lukazan

Established Member
ricky1985 said:
Fabianski - 6. Couple of quite big errors, and I felt he should have stopped Mido's goal. Must be hard playing behind an out of sorts (is there any other kind) Mikael Silvestre though. Didn't do too badly after that, but we'll need much better from him in the big games ahead.

I'm confused. If a goalkeeper makes two big mistakes in a game, and also could have done better with the only goal conceded, how can he get a 6?

Fabianski 4

Sagna 6
Touré 6
Djourou 5
Gibbs 6

Walcott 6
Denilson 5
Song 7
Cesc 6
Arshavin 7

Bendtner 4

Silvestre 6
Ade 6
RVP 6

ricky1985

Established Member
Maybe a 5 would have summed up my thoughts better, but I went for 6, because I felt, the two mistakes aside (the goal and the Silvestre 'moment'), he distributed well, claimed quite a few crosses, and read the game pretty well. I'm sure he is capable of a much higher level.

Invincible

Established Member
Fabianski 5
Toure 6
Djourou 6
Gibbs 6
Sagna 7
Denilson 4
Song 8
Fabregas 7
Arshavin 8
Walcott 6
Bendtner 4

Silvestre 5
van Persie 6
Adebayor 8

TomasCR

Established Member
His distribution was quite bad to be honest. I just can´t get rid of the picture of him sinking his eyes every second time he sent the ball to the area he didn´t want to.

Lol Adebayor 8? What for?

Mr Wolf

kamikaze80 said:
fabianski - 6

sagna - 7
Touré - 7
djourou - 6
gibbs - 4

walcott - 5 - he'd be so good if he had a brain; if i were him, i'd watch arshavin very carefully in training and do whatever he does
denilson - 5
song - 7.5 - solid
fabregas - 6 - not an AM
arshavin - 7.5 - MOTM - had a hand in 3 of our goals, greatly accelerates our play, we need to get him more touches

bendtner - 5

silvestre - 6
adebayor - 7
van persie - 6

I agree apart from one thing. think you have been a bit too harsh with Theo. Did you see what a beautiful, quick 1-2 with Arshavin he did in occasion of the equalizer?

Top Bottom