• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wigan Vs Arsenal - Saturday 11th April, 2009 - 1500hrs

Eastrek

I took some pics from Wigan that I thought are rather good, so here they are....

Adebayor taking a shot during the warm up...

Teams line up prior to the match...

Fabianski takes a goal kick...

Wigan get an early corner...

And score from it, Mido celebrates the opener...

Watson's freekick just about to strike the post at the end of the first half...

Walcott runs towards us to celebrate Arsenal's first goal...

And is then joined by his team-mates...

Silvestre celebrates making it 2v1...

Everyone celebrating the Silvestre goal, including Arsène Wenger...

Arshavin shoots to make it 3v1 in the 90th minute...

And celebrates...

Song fires home number four...

Song runs towards me...

Song celebrating with the fans...

Song celebrating with a dance...

Song celebrating with the rest of the team...

Final Score...

What does everyone think? I have about 50 more, but these are some of the best! :bounce

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Eastrek said:
I absolutely love how everybody's busy with celebrating Silvestre in that picture except for Cesc who's on his way out to thank Arshavin, still standing on the sideline, for the great pass that preceded the assist. Quality captain.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Look at Toure in every single celebration. :lol: The lad is so happy whenever we scored a goal. True arsenal player. Arshavin no matter how far he is always tries to run to the celebrations to join in.

Look like Gibbs is still adapting. ;)

karl

I thought Gibbs did quite well on Saturday. Just watching the highlights put him in a bad light, but if you watch the whole game he just lacked a little concentration and experience at times. I think the reason he got away with a yellow is that Valencia had hold of Gibbs shoulder just before he retaliated. Having said that, Wiley was quite poor in a lot of decisions really.

True Gooner

Established Member
Klaus Daimler said:
Eastrek said:
I absolutely love how everybody's busy with celebrating Silvestre in that picture except for Cesc who's on his way out to thank Arshavin, still standing on the sideline, for the great pass that preceded the assist. Quality captain.

I'd noticed that too while watching the game. After Silvestre scores he begins to run towards him but then changes his mind mid way :lol:

General

Established Member
Eastrek said:
What does everyone think? I have about 50 more, but these are some of the best! :bounce

Nice work. I've made a photo thread in the fans section so keep them coming.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
entropy13 said:
Arsène Wenger said:
On being ‘worried’ after going a goal behind…
“Yes, I was. I felt that Wigan had a very strong and especially committed first half where they were well organised and the 50:50s were all for them. They played very strongly and I think that slowly our technique took over and we looked dangerous every time we had the ball. The fatigue crept in a little bit for Wigan and it became logical for us to come back and make the difference.

Is this really one of the reasons we actually get to come back, and that we keep up with a relatively young squad?

I think it's the result from our style of play.

Our current team rarely hit the 6th gear in the 1st half. Usually, we either play a high tempo game until the 15th minute, slow it down 'till the 40th before hitting the roof for the remaining minutes or we'll just stroll around until the 30th minute before slowly increasing the tempo until the end of the 1st half, which also depends on whether the opponents score first or not.

2nd half is another story though. It is as if Arsène feeds the boys with steroid-filled power bars.

atmosphere

Eastrek said:
I took some pics from Wigan that I thought are rather good, so here they are....

Adebayor taking a shot during the warm up...

Teams line up prior to the match...

Fabianski takes a goal kick...

Wigan get an early corner...

And score from it, Mido celebrates the opener...

Watson's freekick just about to strike the post at the end of the first half...

Walcott runs towards us to celebrate Arsenal's first goal...

And is then joined by his team-mates...

Everyone celebrating the Silvestre goal, including Arsène Wenger...

Arshavin shoots to make it 3v1 in the 90th minute...

And celebrates...

Song fires home number four...

Song runs towards me...

Song celebrating with the fans...

Song celebrating with a dance...

Song celebrating with the rest of the team...

Final Score...

Looks like you were sat in line with where I was, just further forward.

Lovin the pics man, well done.

Having now fully read this thread, I can't believe all the negativity and panicking that set in when we were 1-0 down.

Also, what's with all the Denilson hate? Song was absolutely abysmal in the first half, yet no-one's commented on that other than qs. I also don't think the Denilson haters can hold this game up as conclusive proof that Denilson shouldn't play. Pointing to the fact that we scored our goals after he went off is pointless as we scored 2 and conceeded none the week before with him ON the pitch. So what? He was either having a bad day or was ineffective in this particular game so Wenger took him off and made changes to the formation to deal with the situation. That's what football is about. It doesn't mean Denilson is **** and should never play again. It just means it didn't work in this particular game, there will be plenty of others where it will.

progman07

Established Member
I don't think Song was abysmal in the first half. He misplaced some passes, but he had so much to do it was excusable. He had to win back balls and distribute all, because Denilson was hiding from the ball.

karl

Denilson didn't have his best game, but then most of the team seemed to be waiting for Wigan to tire. Mido tipified their side by running around like a dog in a park and then running out of steam. To be honest it was working well if they could keep it up. As for Denilson, he was trying to break up play and no worse than the rest of the team really. I think he suffers by being Brazilian and people expect a different type of player.

progman07

Established Member
karl said:
Denilson didn't have his best game, but then most of the team seemed to be waiting for Wigan to tire. Mido tipified their side by running around like a dog in a park and then running out of steam. To be honest it was working well if they could keep it up. As for Denilson, he was trying to break up play and no worse than the rest of the team really. I think he suffers by being Brazilian and people expect a different type of player.
Nah, just that the combination of being weak, slow, immobile and not being anything special in technique you can't survive as a CM in the Premiership.

karl

progman07 said:
Nah, just that the combination of being weak, slow, immobile and not being anything special in technique you can't survive as a CM in the Premiership.

No more than people thought of Flamini for years and I guess AW sees more to him than that. Good thing he's the manager and not one of us!

progman07

Established Member
karl said:
progman07 said:

No more than people thought of Flamini for years and I guess AW sees more to him than that. Good thing he's the manager and not one of us!
Flamini wasn't weak and immobile and his technique improved a lot because he put in loads of work.

And not again this "Wenger knows more than us" stuff. As long as we don't win all of our games there are mistakes and things to improve on. One of these is what Wenger admits, the centre of midfield. No wonder he wanted to sign Barry and Alonso, and is still talking about it regretfully.

atmosphere

progman07 said:
I don't think Song was abysmal in the first half. He misplaced some passes, but he had so much to do it was excusable. He had to win back balls and distribute all, because Denilson was hiding from the ball.

He misplaced the same amount of passes as Denilson - 4. He made about the same amount of successful ones. He made less interceptions. He made only one more successful challenge, but he covered less ground and his passing was less expansive.

If Denilson was as **** as everyone says he was, then Song was too.

regele

Established Member
karl said:
Thing is when you take it at face value, all we got out of Flamini was one good season and when he was still poor he didn't play week in week out for us.

I've got no problem whatsoever with Denilson putting in the occasional start, but this season he's been imposed at the expense of the team. The same thing goes for Song, although IMO he's well on the way to claiming a starting spot in the team now, developing Song and Denilson faster wasn't worth another season of battling it out for 4th.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom