• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wigan

banduan

Established Member
they're bloody hard to beat.

And who do they have as defence? Can you effin believe it?

edit: he's even their best defender on fantasy football. I bet now they've lost Palacios they'll crumble.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
We beat them in the CC and in our one game in the league. The league win was tough I'll grant you, but, yeah, we're two for two. What else is there to say?

number_0

Established Member
They are going to desmantle this summer I reckon, Heskey and zaki are defiently leaving, palocios left already, I can see the same happening to valencia.
But they have a strong defence, and they can build a strong foundation from there again, and we could do loaning them a couple of our youngsters.

banduan

Established Member
It's a shame that this happens to any aspiring mid-table team. Guess Villa did well to hold on to their blokes.

But seriously, how does a defence with Titus Groan become any good in the first place?

KY

Established Member
Scharner is no soft *****. A very underrated DC IMO. Not easy keeping a defense as solid as they have, especially with Titus Bumble as a partner. If you look at their squad, they're pretty solid all around. And with steve Bruce at the helm, it's not hard to see why they've gotten as far as they did.

Stevo the Villan

Established Member
We're signing Heskey today so I'm told, and Wigan are getting Mido from boro I think on loan.

Losing Heskey and gaining Mido is not a good deal! Palacios is gone too. if Valencia goes they are ****ed.

Which is a shame because they've been excellent this season, as much as that pains me to say with Fist Face in charge.

banduan

Established Member
I've always admired Wigan and Reading doing well in football, must be difficult trying to stop the talent getting nicked by their more established rugby teams.

Gooner_Stu

Established Member
Feel bad for Plucky little Wigan, Bruce (the only Ex Fungus Cronie i like) has done a good job there and i hope he can hold on to some of the players and replace the others well, shame when these clubs start to do well and then become team to be plundered.

stuart

Established Member
Steve Bruce is a cracking manager. He's done wonders to get Wigan were they are...mind you i think Paul Jewell must also be given credit for giving them at least a platform for success. Great respect for Steve Bruce. Him and Martin O'Neill are have a great ability to get the best out of what they have. Be it average players or even low budgets to buy players. (obviously thats no longer a problem for O'Neill)

True Gooner

Established Member
Bruce is a brilliant manager, before he signed for Wigan I was sure that they'd go down. Hes done a fantastic job up there and created a great scouting network.
They attract players by giving them a platform in the Premier league so that those players can then move onto other clubs in England/Europe. It's a good plan, but requires a really solid backroom staff and board room to back it.

Arsenal Quotes

I've never been a goalscorer. I've only owned goals. Good own goals.

Steve Bould

Latest posts

Top Bottom