• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wilfried Zaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vela

Established Member
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...t-in-Crystal-Palace-winger-Wilfried-Zaha.html

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
i really think we have alot of wingers right now, no need for another one.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Goes past players but his finishing and final ball lets him down. Only 19, big, strong, quick, beats players, just get his end product sorted and you're on to a match winner.

Bigger prospect than what Moses was for example.

Typical Wenger type signing, young rough diamond.

iced22

Lots of similarities with Victor Moses indeed, both Crystal Palace youths, both physically capable players with no end product.

We're in desperate need of a wide forward, but I think I'd prefer someone with a bit more experience than Zaha.

a_fourteen

Established Member
Drool....
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sxyfw8XR6T4&feature=youtube_gdata_player" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sxyfw8XR ... ata_player</a>

Segway

Lots of media are reporting this today. Makes me think that there could be something to this. Seems a viable option if Walcott should leave.

scytheavatar

Established Member
yousif_arsenal said:
i really think we have alot of wingers right now, no need for another one.

Walcott is on his way out, Gervinho is yet to be able to convince us that he's good enough to perform regularly and Chamberlain had a string of terrible performances which makes you question if he's going to make it. Podolski is 27 years old and it's not like he hasn't played poorly so far this season. An extra winger talent is always welcome, if he's really good enough.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I don't think Wenger would buy him as a winger to be honest. He is turning 20 this year and is a very hard worker. He is improving because he works hard on the training ground.

He is naturally more skillful than Walcott and definitely has more physical power. He has the potential to be a centre forward in my opinion. He isn't lazy, he would only get better and better, especially if he built up his strength.

I mean the key to being a top class striker is how you receive the ball back to goal. When Henry and Drogba received that ball, they could hold off their man and turn in one movement. It's something you gain with experience and strength. That is what makes a natural centre forward, someone who can feel where they should move and engineering room for a shot. Walcott can't engineer his own space, he needs to be running onto a ball.

I mean, look at both these goals.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmwwD6HdnZ8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmwwD6HdnZ8</a>

That second one is outrageous.

evoh_1

Established Member
Really this guy is a nothing player, would rather have gnabry or miyachi promoted then pay money to transfer him in as a wide forward player repalceing theo. We need to focus on older more experienced players who aren't getting hyped up and can do a job for us like how we picked up cazorla and podolski.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
We were in for him at some point but lost interest. He seemed like an obvious fit for one of our wing spots but BFS wasn't too impressed I guess, asking price was ridiculous.

mistaT

Established Member
Dokaka said:
We were in for him at some point but lost interest. He seemed like an obvious fit for one of our wing spots but BFS wasn't too impressed I guess, asking price was ridiculous.

The #$%#^ I care if West Ham is in for him?

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Seriously what does it take to impress an Arsenal fan these days? Nothing seems to be good enough, he is 20 and scoring goals in the championship. He is literally saving his team and carrying them through games with individual goals yet that isn't enough? He has pace, power, skill, and he is a hard worker. We got Chamberlain from the championship, why isn't Zaha good enough for us?

dpt49

Established Member
The_Playmaker said:
Seriously what does it take to impress an Arsenal fan these days? Nothing seems to be good enough, he is 20 and scoring goals in the championship. He is literally saving his team and carrying them through games with individual goals yet that isn't enough? He has pace, power, skill, and he is a hard worker. We got Chamberlain from the championship, why isn't Zaha good enough for us?
It's ok buying a player like this and then sending him out on loan to another PL team.
But if he is a straight replacement for Walcott we should be looking at players that do not need time to adjust and are ready to play for top four club.

With Gervinho playing up front, Chamberlain out of form, Walcott not signing a new contract and Myachi not ready at this level we are short on genuine talent and experience on the wings.

If Walcott stays I think Zaha is worth a punt, but as a replacement for him he is a risky signing.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
The_Playmaker said:

I suppose it's whether he's going to cost 10+ million, when for a bit more or even the same price we could get someone established

Quality talent none the less but will he ever make the step up to the PL and CL? It's like what happened with Walcott, looked like he could be a great player by ironing out his weaknesses but he never grew into one and all that money we put down on him initially overall wasn't money well spent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom