• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wilfried Zaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

a_fourteen

Established Member
Pat Rice has scouted him and now Steve Rawley has as well. That's Wengers inner circle. This must be getting serious.

Glovegun

Established Member
I'd quite like Zaha at Arsenal.

Yes £20m is ridiculous but it's not our place as fans to be concerned about the money. That's the board's problem.

I pay bloody extortionate season ticket prices so that Wenger has the finances to sign anyone he wants to, because that's the way it should be. I do not pay extortionate season ticket prices to give some balding git in a suit a £1m payrise. If Wenger wants to sign Gareth MacAuley for £50m then the board should give it to him, because he knows about football and they don't. Listen to the man because he knows what he's doing - by and large.

Pea-Tear-Griffin

Glovegun said:
I'd quite like Zaha at Arsenal.

Yes £20m is ridiculous but it's not our place as fans to be concerned about the money. That's the board's problem.

I pay bloody extortionate season ticket prices so that Wenger has the finances to sign anyone he wants to, because that's the way it should be. I do not pay extortionate season ticket prices to give some balding git in a suit a £1m payrise. If Wenger wants to sign Gareth MacAuley for £50m then the board should give it to him, because he knows about football and they don't. Listen to the man because he knows what he's doing - by and large.

Yes but then they will use that as an excuse that they have have spent enough money, when we all know they really haven't.

Zaha would be good as we have a worrying lack of options at winger (Walcott and Chamberlain being out and gervinho being played as a striker) and I feel he could be what I expected Gervinho to be, a tricky and direct winger.

Glovegun

Established Member
I'd also hazard a guess that he won't go for anywhere near £20m. Half that possibly. It's just a classic case of talking your player up to get more money for them.

a_fourteen

Established Member
Glovegun said:
I'd also hazard a guess that he won't go for anywhere near £20m. Half that possibly. It's just a classic case of talking your player up to get more money for them.
With add ons he could go for near 20 mil. Ox with add ons is in the 15 mil range.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Bale, Walcott and Moses all came from the championship so we shouldn't laugh him off. However Zaha isn't going to push us into title or european contenders so as much as I'd be for signing him it isn't good enough.

a_fourteen

Established Member
truth_hurts said:
Bale, Walcott and Moses all came from the championship so we shouldn't laugh him off. However Zaha isn't going to push us into title or european contenders so as much as I'd be for signing him it isn't good enough.
:lol:

Glovegun

Established Member
a_fourteen said:
Glovegun said:
With add ons he could go for near 20 mil. Ox with add ons is in the 15 mil range.

The only reason we have for assuming that Zaha is going to cost £20m is based on what the Palace chairman said in the press. Of course that's what he's going to say. He's hardly going to say 'well, he's a talented kid but a bit raw, we'd take £5m.'

a_fourteen

Established Member
Glovegun said:
a_fourteen said:
Glovegun said:

The only reason we have for assuming that Zaha is going to cost £20m is based on what the Palace chairman said in the press. Of course that's what he's going to say. He's hardly going to say 'well, he's a talented kid but a bit raw, we'd take £5m.'
I'm going by what we paid for chamberlain -- 10 mil plus add ons to the tune of 5-6 mil. Zaha is in the same category plus he scores goals which adds to his value. Fact is a player like him in a few years will be worth double that number. We don't have a standout young goal scorer in the academy at the moment who we can groom as the next Henry or van persie so we are going to have to buy one. And that's not going to be cheap.

KY

Established Member
psycho said:
I would be pissed if we spend that kinda money on this yute instead of someone established.

Which makes me think that this will most likely happen -_-

So you think Wenger and the board are taking it upon themselves to piss you off? :bash

I like the sound of this Zaha, though I'm not sure he'll be any better than Gnabry or even Eisfeld...

a_fourteen

Established Member
KY said:
psycho said:
I would be pissed if we spend that kinda money on this yute instead of someone established.

Which makes me think that this will most likely happen -_-

So you think Wenger and the board are taking it upon themselves to piss you off? :bash

I like the sound of this Zaha, though I'm not sure he'll be any better than Gnabry or even Eisfeld...
He's very different from gnabry and eisfeld. He'll turn out to be an out and out center forward. He is strong, quick, has great close in control, is imaginative and can finish from angles that most in the premier league would shy away from. This kid is the complete package and I feel we will get him.

Glovegun

Established Member
The difference between Gnabry & Eisfeld and Zaha is that whilst the first two have primarily played behind closed doors games and reserve team matches, with the odd five minutes in the Carling Cup, Zaha has already undergone his 'toughening-up' process in the Championship. He's made over 100 first team appearances for Palace and he's only two months older than Eisfeld.

I'm not neccesarily saying that one is a bigger talent than the other, I haven't seen them often enough to really make that judgement, but with Zaha you at least know that he's up to the physical demands of the English game as well as the pressure of playing first-team football. Eisfeld could well be another Vela - superbly talented but lacking in mental strength. We just don't really know.

GDeep™

League is very weak
At the right price, he is one of the few guys out there who I think ticks boxes for a January move. A Wenger type, can replace Gervinho who will be off to Africa and someone who can be moulded into a potentially dangerous striker.

Right price is key though, with Ox I wanted us to pay whatever as I thought he was a certainty to be a top player, with Zaha im not as sure, potentially the English Gervinho I fear.

leo_ense

Established Member
GDeep said:
At the right price, he is one of the few guys out there who I think ticks boxes for a January move. A Wenger type, can replace Gervinho who will be off to Africa and someone who can be moulded into a potentially dangerous striker.

Right price is key though, with Ox I wanted us to pay whatever as I thought he was a certainty to be a top player, with Zaha im not as sure, potentially the English Gervinho I fear.

:lol: sounds horrible tbh.

Pea-Tear-Griffin

Official_Zaha.. ‏@yungzaha
Arsenal are playing awful right now :(
YEESSSSSSSSS! (Y)
Omgggg love it #Arsenal

Zaha on twitter. Seems excited :D

GDeep™

League is very weak
Yes Yousif, he is indeed a Gooner.

Interesting latest article in regards to this situation - <a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2225384/Arsenal-join-chase-Wilfried-Zaha--Neil-Ashton-column.html?ito=feeds-newsxml" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... ds-newsxml</a>

Interesting because Neil Ashton is not only a top journo, but a Palace fan too, has probably watched every kick of Zaha's Palace career till now, and he seems very high on the kid.

Invincible

Established Member
I've a mate who supports Palace and he can't stop raving about this kid.

Give them what they want plus Forehead.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Not seen much of him, but how would he compare to the Ox and Theo?

The article rates Zaha above both of them.

GUNNERS4L1FE

Established Member
I like him, he's impressed me whenever I have seen him play. I live less than a mile from the Crystal Palace stadium and the locals absolutely rave about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom