• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wilfried Zaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giroud

Established Member
I just love the way Campbell can produce some class from the edge of the area. Scored quite a few crackers and he's only 20. Every time I watch him he puts in a good shift too but he's got a good way to go if he wants to make it at Arsenal.

DontPushMe

Sam the Duck said:
I read they had the option to buy after the loan at the time. He's not doing nearly as well as Vela, who I'd be happy if we hadn't sold as he'd be a good option this year

I completely agree about Vela.
Joel Campbell had a slow start but he seems to have cemented his starter place and had some great performances in the recent games. He also received a MOTM award. He is young and still needs to adapt but he's very promising.[/quote]

The problem with Vela was he didn't want to be here. Same with Bendtner. We certainly didnt sell Vela to make £3M. He wanted to leave because he didnt work out here.

I would be shocked if Campbell makes it here. I hope he does but i have a really hard time believing it will happen.

mo50

Established Member
GDeep said:
Nah, no wumming here, ManUre are on another level to us - I just think if the top club in the country wants you then its hard to turn down, ask Phil Jones and Chris Smalling.

I agree with you. If Man United want him he'll go there. They're also willing to loan him back until the end of the season.

Young players like Zaha are extremely confident in their ability. He probably looks at Ashley Young getting playing time at United and reckons he can go there and overtake him. That along with the chance to play for the top team in the country sways it for United.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

GDeep said:
Confident bunch ay? I don't see why he would come here over Manchester United. He supports Arsenal, but he'll want to play with Rio, Rooney, RvP, all the young English talent there, who he must have come into contact through his England development. They are bigger and better club than us too, competing for titles and trophies all the time.

Rambo chose us but I think he bottled it, Wenger fed him the ''there are 9 senior CM's at ManUre'' line.

Don't think he did bottle it . Our midfield at the time was Fabregas , Nasri , Song , Denilson and Diaby. Our midfield ****ted all over theirs .

Glovegun

Established Member
GDeep said:
Confident bunch ay? I don't see why he would come here over Manchester United. He supports Arsenal, but he'll want to play with Rio, Rooney, RvP, all the young English talent there, who he must have come into contact through his England development. They are bigger and better club than us too, competing for titles and trophies all the time.

Rambo chose us but I think he bottled it, Wenger fed him the ''there are 9 senior CM's at ManUre'' line.

Can't dispute any of that, and I think the thing about him being an Arsenal fan is completely irrelevant.

The only thing that will count in our favour, and its a biggie, is that we'll give him more playing time. He'll be competing with Podolski, Chamberlain and Gervinho for a spot out wide, now that Theo has started playing through the middle. At United he's up against Young, Valencia, Nani, with Giggs and Kagawa also options.

The other one might be that he fancies staying in London.

GDeep™

League is very weak
celestis said:
GDeep said:

Don't think he did bottle it . Our midfield at the time was Fabregas , Nasri , Song , Denilson and Diaby. Our midfield ****ted all over theirs .

ManUre had Hargreaves, Carrick, Fletcher, Anderson, Scholes, Park, Giggs, Gibson etc, better options than what we had mate. We had Cesc surrounded by jokers like Diaby and kids like Song and Denilson.

GDeep™

League is very weak
David Gill says Zaha is on ManUre's radar. Also says no one is coming this January, but stops short of confirming that Zaha could be signed and loaned back when pushed by the reporter.

When clubs talk like this then a deal is pretty advanced I would say, Zaha is off to ManUre. Im done with this thread now.

Tranquil

But if we ae in for him too, we are obviously the better choice for many reasons.
Firstly, he is a gooner, or so I hear. He wouldnt have to leave London. Arsenal is a haven for young players. And he can always leave us for United if he changes him mind...

Wouldnt be so sure United have it wrapped up.

thedon5

Wenger says he's signing 1 or 2 players this window, right now it looks like we'll get none... Maybe this is one of them? I don't know, but it certainly isn't over yet.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Arsenal.com ‏@Arsenal
Wenger on Zaha: 'We are looking at him, but at the moment we have had no bid'

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

That's it, we're getting him, he doesn't say things like that if we aren't sure. My guess is we've agreed everything with Zaha and are just negotiating with Palace.

trunks206

Established Member
THunter said:
That's it, we're getting him, he doesn't say things like that if we aren't sure. My guess is we've agreed everything with Zaha and are just negotiating with Palace.

The 30m mystery is over! Its Zaha.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

THunter said:
Said the same about Holtby tbh.

Would really like Zaha here tho, as long as it is in the summer or not our only signing.

Pretty sure he Man U bound tho.

musicmonkey

Established Member
GDeep said:
David Gill says Zaha is on ManUre's radar. Also says no one is coming this January, but stops short of confirming that Zaha could be signed and loaned back when pushed by the reporter.

When clubs talk like this then a deal is pretty advanced I would say, Zaha is off to ManUre. Im done with this thread now.
Doesn't mean there's even been a bid, Wenger's said a similar thing today.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKLljxK-Nag" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKLljxK-Nag</a>
6:54 - "We are looking at him"

Azeem Khaja

Player:Ødegaard
I think AW will go after Zaha in the final few days, start off with a cheap bid like £5M, improve a bit and get Zaha on the end other of the telephone...done deal!

leo_ense

Established Member
15m is a lot for this kid, glad we didn't bring another one in especially considering he price we paid for Chamberlain (despite his talent) and all the developing he still has to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom