• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wilfried Zaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-united-agree-15m-deal-1547600" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... al-1547600</a>

Zaha meets Fergie for talks after Man United agree £15m deal for Palace starlet

leo_ense

Established Member
truth_hurts said:
Really think we've missed out here. Just as we did with Ashley Young, Victor Moses, Zaha would have been a very smart signing for us especially considering he is a local (ish) lad and an Arsenal fan. How could we possibly not see him as an option when we have an unmotivated Arshavin and Gervinho as current squad options.

Man U have Valencia, Nani, Young, Welbeck, Kagawa at the club and still want Zaha this speaks volumes. He will be a major success story there.

I know it's easy to say but personally I'd take the loss on Arshavin and bring in Zaha on considerable lower wages, then try and sell Gervinho for 5m in the summer. That would give us a hungry and inform home grown player for the squad and lose us two high earning under performers.

Can't believe we are allowing this to happen.

We didn't miss out on anything with Ashley Young, and the jury is still out on Moses. Zaha would be just another project which would need years of work, United can afford that in their position but we can't right now, and certainly not at 15m.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Really think we've missed out here. Just as we did with Ashley Young, Victor Moses, Zaha would have been a very smart signing for us especially considering he is a local (ish) lad and an Arsenal fan. How could we possibly not see him as an option when we have an unmotivated Arshavin and Gervinho as current squad options.

Man U have Valencia, Nani, Young, Welbeck, Kagawa at the club and still want Zaha this speaks volumes. He will be a major success story there.

I know it's easy to say but personally I'd take the loss on Arshavin and bring in Zaha on considerable lower wages, then try and sell Gervinho for 5m in the summer. That would give us a hungry and inform home grown player for the squad and lose us two high earning under performers.

Can't believe we are allowing this to happen.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
If Utd are willing to offer 15M (10M now 5M as add ons) then we have no chance. Personally I never thought we had a chance anyway. Why would a talented young player come to Arsenal if Utd wanted them? Thats the reality of it!

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Mate last year we have spent 15m to buy AOC, save this 15m and buy some quality like david villa or someone else.

truth_hurts

yousif_arsenal said:
Mate last year we have spent 15m to buy AOC, save this 15m and buy some quality like david villa or someone else.

That's what I mean though Yousif we have a track record of spending on highly talented young players and we managed to beat United to the signings of Ramsey and Chamberlain, Zaha is clearly one of the most talented British players of his generation so the fact that we don't even appear to be making an attemt to sign him seems strange.

We can accommodate a young forward player at the moment I feel with the experienced Giroud, Theo, Podolski and Cazorla here so am shocked Wenger doesn't see this unless he really does believe in Miyaichi and Gnabry.

We don't sign players like David Villa particularly at that age and fee. It is quite unrealistic.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
However Zaha will be a United player for years to come, with sources revealing he is signing a long-term deal that will see his wages start at TEN TIMES his current level of £150,000-a-year.

From the mirror article, so they claim his starting on 150k per week, what bull. How can people believe papers so readily.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Penn_ said:
However Zaha will be a United player for years to come, with sources revealing he is signing a long-term deal that will see his wages start at TEN TIMES his current level of £150,000-a-year.

From the mirror article, so they claim his starting on 150k per week, what bull. How can people believe papers so readily.

150,000 x 10 = 1.5M per year

Thats 28,846 per week.

This is assuming the Mirror is correct :)

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
No, they're saying he's on 150k a year at Crystal Palace, and will get ten times that at Manure. That's around 25-30k per week.

I say **** the Zaha deal, let him do a Welbeck at Manure, put another 5m on the 15m Palace want and stuff Berlusconi's pockets to get El Shaarawy in. These 10m players start to get on my nerves, I want at least 20m, **** this ****.

marv3llous

Im not fussed about him. He's nowhere prolific enough at Championship to warrant a meltdown if he really does go to Manure. We have no room or time for another raw project on the wings, if the price is £15m and United is paying that ... good luck. We have The Ox.

Buhry

Established Member

Don't want him, we allready have the Ox filling the role as an up and coming young british attacker.

Save the 15 million or whatever for someone exeptional, we need to stop signing these mediocre players fro 10-15 million, it's getting us nowhere.

Proof

Established Member
Zaha seems to be a promising football player, but we can't sign all the prospects. We already have Chamberlain, Walcott and Ramsey.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Agreed, spending £15M on him would be ridiculous in our current position. However, if we're spending that on young talent, it should go straight to Derby for Will Hughes, he's similar to Wilshere.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Ah, sorry misread the article then, was half asleep at the time. Safe to presume we're not interested then when we paid basically the same for Chamberlain and can more than match the wage.

Sydney Gooner

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2013/01/21/3689220/manchester-united-attempt-to-blow-arsenal-out-of-the-water?source=breakingnews&ICID=HP_BN_3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/tra ... ID=HP_BN_3</a>

"Manchester United have attempted to blow Arsenal out of the water by tabling an offer worth up to £17 million for Wilfried Zaha"

If that's true then they can have him.

truth_hurts

If any of you are harbouring the hope that not signing Zaha for 10-15 million means that we will spend it on an experienced forward instead the think again!

I think we can afford two young forward prospects in Zaha and Ox as we have 4.5 experienced forwards to rotate them with - Cazorla, Theo, Giroud, Podolski and half a player in the current Gervinho. Ask yourself whether you would rather see Gervinho or Zaha in an Arsenal shirt?

GDeep™

League is very weak
Meh, always felt he would end up at Manure. He would have given us pace, power and directness, no fannying about with the ball, but it seems to me there was no real interest from us at all, no bid anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom