• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wilfried Zaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

thedon5

"If Zaha goes to Manchester United, good luck to him. We were never in for him. Never."

Wenger on Zaha in a press conference apparently.

Bit of a shame really, we aren't going to spend that money on anyone else, so I'd rather have him than no-one...

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Good. Case closed.

Never liked him, thought we should be doing better.

Of course this could still come back to bite me especially if we don't sign anyone

Floating

Established Member
GDeep said:
Meh, always felt he would end up at Manure. He would have given us pace, power and directness, no fannying about with the ball, but it seems to me there was no real interest from us at all, no bid anyway.

Really? I feel like he fannies about with the ball quite a bit, but maybe that's just because he's young and raw.

scytheavatar

Established Member
truth_hurts said:
If any of you are harbouring the hope that not signing Zaha for 10-15 million means that we will spend it on an experienced forward instead the think again!

I think we can afford two young forward prospects in Zaha and Ox as we have 4.5 experienced forwards to rotate them with - Cazorla, Theo, Giroud, Podolski and half a player in the current Gervinho. Ask yourself whether you would rather see Gervinho or Zaha in an Arsenal shirt?

I would rather see Gervinho. Because Zaha can barely be half a player at Southampton, so I have a hard time seeing why he would be better than Gervinho in the short run.

lawmochung811

For me this whole thing feels like we got completely shoved aside when ManU came into consideration of Zaha. Its like we were just little 1st grade children trying to get on the slide and along comes some bigger kids and we just deny we wanted a go on the slide all along.

blaze_of_glory

lawmochung811 said:
For me this whole thing feels like we got completely shoved aside when ManU came into consideration of Zaha. Its like we were just little 1st grade children trying to get on the slide and along comes some bigger kids and we just deny we wanted a go on the slide all along.

More likely we were never interested in this guy at all, and all the links were just media garbage.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Sky Sports News ‏@SkySportsNews
Sky Sources: Crystal Palace star Wilfried Zaha to have medical at Manchester United in next 48 hours.

Looks like he is manure player.

el57

15m for him is a bit steep. If ManU have the money to burn, it's fine, but that's approaching Arsenal's record transfer for a pretty raw kid from Championship.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
el57 said:
15m for him is a bit steep. If ManU have the money to burn, it's fine, but that's approaching Arsenal's record transfer for a pretty raw kid from Championship.

And on another hand only slightly more than Chamberlain

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I think Wenger saying "We were never in for him" simply means we didnt bid, for him, it doesnt mean we didnt want him. And the reason we didnt bid is because;

A) We would never have bid enough to get him.
B) As soon as Man Utd showed interest, we had no chance.

Another player goes past us, partly because we wont pay what is required, but more likely because we dont have the pulling power we once had. When we finish outside the top 4, this pulling power will be further diminished.

Mudi

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2267322/Wilfried-Zaha-seals-15m-Manchester-United-Ashley-Young-ruled-month.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... month.html</a>

Value would eventually come out to £20m (£10m straight, £5m add-ons, £3m appearances and £2m for trophees and international games)!

That's a lot if you think that Isco is available for £16m!!!

dpt49

Established Member
el57 said:
Ferguson loves wasting money.
I actually think Zaha is overpriced but it has never stopped Ferguson before.

He has probably wasted around 100m on players that have not worked out, and has had to get rid of.

Veron, Berbatov, Kleberson and Hargreaves alone cost more than 80m.

I think if Wenger had really wanted him he would have gone for him, especially as Zaha is an Arsenal supporetr.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
tap-in said:
B) As soon as Man Utd showed interest, we had no chance.

I think that's bullshit, Ramsey and Oxlade-Chamberlain are two very recent examples of players choosing us over Manure.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Not too fussed about this. In different circumstances, I'd want us to get involved but we really need a more established signing in attack.

Shaw to replace Santos might be a better idea if we want a youngster. This kid looks very good already.

marv3llous

I think Shaw isnt realistic for us. If Saints were in lower leagues, then yes. But aslong as they are in PL and he is starting for them he has no reason to move. He would be stuck behind Gibbs here. If he keeps playing every week and improving then no doubt in a year or two there's gonna be an open starting spot in a CL or EL club.

el57

ArsenesNO1Fan said:
el57 said:

And on another hand only slightly more than Chamberlain

Well that's partly the point. We already shelled out a lot of money on a promising British attacker from a lower league, and while we wait for him to develop, we don't need another in a similar situation, but for even more money.

glaveror

Good,at least we won't have to read that he's an Arsenal fan anymore since it was getting a bit annoying..

evoh_1

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21180202" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21180202</a>

medical at united £15 mil deal, kid is far too raw for that price its insane for an english kid to get that just on the basis of dribbling skills and a passport.

GDeep™

League is very weak
He'll be murdering premiership defenders as soon as next season, within 2 years he'll be single handedly winning games for Manure. Most exciting young talent they've had since CR7.

Thats why he is for 15M.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom