• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wilfried Zaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoOnYouGunners

I think the fact that United agreed to loan him back for the remainder of the season made Palace more likely to deal. I can't see Arsenal paying £15 million and then loaning the player.

Sydney Gooner

Established Member
As fabo said I'd rather we go for Shaw if we want an English kid. £15-£20 million is an absolute joke of a price for a 20 year old that hasn't proved anything.

GoOnYouGunners

GDeep said:
Sydney Gooner said:
As fabo said I'd rather we go for Shaw if we want an English kid. £15-£20 million is an absolute joke of a price for a 20 year old that hasn't proved anything.

You do know Luke Shaw will cost top dollar too? 12-15M? He is that good.

Shaw has 14 appearances for SFC while Zaha has featured 120 times for Palace in a tough league. I don't get these arguments ata'll.

It's the typical "we didn't get the player so lets slag him off" that you always see on this forum.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Sydney Gooner said:

Shaw has 14 appearances for SFC while Zaha has featured 120 times for Palace in a tough league. I don't get these arguments at all.

Shaw is too good for us already btw, he'll be joining City, Chelsea or Manure.

iced22

Thank f**k.

Not quite sure what people saw in this kid anyway. 15 mil for some brainless dribbler who can't even produce decent numbers in the Championship after over a hundred games. Doesn't matter either way though, we need instant production regardless of how talented someone might be.

Sydney Gooner

Established Member
GoOnYouGunners said:
GDeep said:
Sydney Gooner said:

Shaw has 14 appearances for SFC while Zaha has featured 120 times for Palace in a tough league. I don't get these arguments ata'll.

It's the typical "we didn't get the player so lets slag him off" that you always see on this forum.

Where did I slag Zaha off? I just find it ridiculous that a 20 year old that has only played at Championship level is going to cost £20 million.

For the record I would definitely pay the £12-£15 million Southampton would ask for Shaw. I know they play in different positions but Shaw at only 17 looks a better prospect.

pg1989

I would pay the £12-15 million for Shaw in a heartbeat. I have seen him a few times and on every one he has impressed me. The boy has top level potential and will be better than Gibbs. If I had to choose between Shaw and Zaha I'd choose Shaw especially when we have other exciting prospects like Gnabry coming through. Can't remember a defensive prospect ever exciting me this much, he's the real deal.
Can't see us getting him this season though, he's developing well at the Saints.

VancouverCanuck

I haven't seen enough of him to comment on his potential. But the main thing for me is he is not ready to help us right now. So I'd much rather spend the $15m on a Cavani or Jovetic, a big name who will help us achieve 4th this season, and provide the foundation to win a real trophy in the not-so-distant future.

pg1989

If $15 million can't buy you Zaha it certainly won't get you Cavani or Jovetic. Unlikely Cavani would come here until the end of the season either with Napoli doing so well.

a_fourteen

Established Member
VancouverCanuck said:
I haven't seen enough of him to comment on his potential. But the main thing for me is he is not ready to help us right now. So I'd much rather spend the $15m on a Cavani or Jovetic, a big name who will help us achieve 4th this season, and provide the foundation to win a real trophy in the not-so-distant future.
15 million will buy you nothing more than a dinner date with cavani or jovetic. not even a hand job let alone a contract.

Bigbludfire

Established Member
I really find it hard to believe that he was classed as a "diehard Arsenal fan" yet is seriously considering to move to Manchester Utd. He's even old enough and I'm even younger than him to realise the rivalry we have back then despite it dying down.

VancouverCanuck

a_fourteen said:
VancouverCanuck said:
So I'd much rather spend the $15m on a Cavani or Jovetic, a big name who will help us achieve 4th this season, and provide the foundation to win a real trophy in the not-so-distant future.
15 million will buy you nothing more than a dinner date with cavani or jovetic. not even a hand job let alone a contract.
Thanks for putting that so elegantly. :) I didn't suggest $15m is enough, just that the money can be better used elsewhere. I'd much rather spend $30m on a quality player today, than buying two or three $10m+ players who will need several years before helping us to win anything.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Very disappointed to see him go to Man U as he will be a dangerous player and will quickly repay that 15m

lee1001

Established Member
If we were to end up signing nobody, then id be very disappointed we didn't even fight for Zaha.

However if we passed on him because we have someone more senior who could contribute to the first team immediately, then passing on Zaha was the right move. We have The OX, as our developing talent.

Bossa

Established Member
Why are people dissappointed? We got guys like Chamberlain, Walcott and Gnabry to play as RW. We dont need another promising youngster.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

<a class="postlink" href="http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11667/8434088/Manchester-United-agree-deal-with-Crystal-Palace-for-Wilfried-Zaha" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... fried-Zaha</a>

Glovegun

Established Member
Bigbludfire said:
I really find it hard to believe that he was classed as a "diehard Arsenal fan" yet is seriously considering to move to Manchester Utd. He's even old enough and I'm even younger than him to realise the rivalry we have back then despite it dying down.

People make way, way too much of this whole fan thing.

Its just something the papers throw in to try and make a link more credible, and something that agents tell players to say to ingratiate themselves with their new supporters.

Firstly, there are countless examples of Gooners who have played for our rivals. Darren Bent used to have a season ticket. Ashley Young followed us as a kid, as did Harry Redknapp donkeys years ago.

When you get inside the game you probably stop being a fan. Your perception of the club will be affected by things that we aren't privy to as supporters, or aren't affected by at all.

Also, becoming a footballer seems like a long and arduous road, and if you get a chance you take it with both hands. You seriously expect Zaha to turn down Manchester United, arguably the third biggest club in the world, because he used to watch Arsenal on the box?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom