• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wilfried Zaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Will be in for him no doubt, typical Arsenal/Wenger type movement, and he is much more experienced than what Ox and Theo were, he would be involved with the first team straight away.

Only problem, Palace stick to their guns and want silly money, which means this could drag on into the summer. He's an Arsenal fan, and a Londoner, probably sees himself fitting here alongside Gibbs, Jack, Theo, Ox, Jenks.

We'll be making a bid in January, no doubt.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
I am becoming more and more excited by this but only if Theo signs a new contract. For years we lacked direct forwards but imagine Theo, Oxlade, podolski, Zaha and Gervinho as pacey forward options!

Have been missing the days when we were a devastating counter attacking team.

leo_ense

Established Member
I'm still skeptical with lower league super talents, especially ones as selfish as Zaha in their play. Remember the hype Taraabt was getting before QPR promotion?

Glovegun

Established Member
leo_ense said:
I'm still skeptical with lower league super talents, especially ones as selfish as Zaha in their play. Remember the hype Taraabt was getting before QPR promotion?

I think that's a slightly snobby attitude, though I take your point about selfish play.

Bale, Walcott and Chamberlain were all plucked from Southampton who were Championship/ League One at the time. Jagielka and Lescott came up with Sheff United and Wolves respectively, and have established themselves well. Ashley Young came up with Watford, Sp**s took Walker & Naughton from Sheff Utd and Moyes got a superb deal when he signed Tim Cahill from Millwall. Carrick also had a season in the Championship, as did Aaron Lennon. Then there's Victor Moses and Joe Allen who've spent all their careers in the lower leagues until now. Definitely some talent there.

dpt49

Established Member
If we get Zaha for around 5-6m and then maybe loan him out for a season I have no problem, but if he is bought instead of us buying a decent experienced winger, which we desperately need, it is simply not good enough.

If he is bought as a replacement for Walcott it will be an absolute disgrace.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
Zaha is essentially a rough diamond in the Walcott/Chamberlain mold. The risk with that is:

1. Might not improve much, ie Walcott
2. Will probably take 3-4 years to be a key player, which is when their contract will be running out and they may look to move to greener pastures, ie Walcott/Nasri (although Walcott hasn't gone yet)

leo_ense

Established Member
The other thing is the situations with our other young wide players. We've got Gnabry and Chamberlain aswell as Miyaichi so would it make sense to buy another winger of similar age? Only way I see it is if Chamberlain is moved centrally (possible) but I'd rather spend the money on a wide player who will be ready to contribute to our first team.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Zaha would be groomed to play up front. Much more experienced than Theo, Rambo and Ox were when we signed them, think he'll come into first team reckoning striaght away, wide at first, but CF down the road.

leo_ense

Established Member
GDeep said:
Zaha would be groomed to play up front. Much more experienced than Theo, Rambo and Ox were when we signed them, think he'll come into first team reckoning striaght away, wide at first, but CF down the road.

CF? Does heave it in him, what's his finishing like?

GDeep™

League is very weak
Played at CF for Palace this season and many feel thats where he'll develop. I watched him last season and he lacked composure in front of goal I thought, snatched at chances and similar to Gervinho would blaze over the bar for example.

He looks to have everything to play up front though, and I think his finishing will come along.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I don't want we replace walcott with young player i prefer we pay 11m to buy adrian lopez.

leo_ense

Established Member
yousif_arsenal said:
I don't want we replace walcott with young player i prefer we pay 11m to buy adrian lopez.

I reckon there's definite interest in Adrian.

Balague: "There is interest from Arsenal in Adrian Lopez. He's decided not to sign a new deal. He knows about Premier League option." #afc

Could be bought up for a good price. Santi and Arteta to put in good words to convince him to join us.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Pace, power, young, English, Arsenal fan, adapted to the physical side of the game already, scoring in the championship. I don't see any reason not to buy him and there is no way we would buy him to stick him out on the wing. Definitely a Centre Forward.

scytheavatar

Established Member
ArsenesNO1Fan said:
1. Might not improve much, ie Walcott

Walcott improved tremendously over the years. The problem is that even with those improvement he's still frequently a piece of crap on the field.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
The_Playmaker said:
Pace, power, young, English, Arsenal fan, adapted to the physical side of the game already, scoring in the championship. I don't see any reason not to buy him and there is no way we would buy him to stick him out on the wing. Definitely a Centre Forward.

Apart from the Championship part that sounds like Danny Sturridge!

fabo

6.51 / 10
Just buy an established player FFS. We're waiting for consistency from Walcott, Gervinho, Chamberlain...Giroud still hasn't settled completely. Last thing we need is another rookie who will take years to do anything significant.

a_fourteen

Established Member
fabo said:
Just buy an established player FFS. We're waiting for consistency from Walcott, Gervinho, Chamberlain...Giroud still hasn't settled completely. Last thing we need is another rookie who will take years to do anything significant.
such as who?

fabo

6.51 / 10
Someone ready to contribute now - it's a long list if we strive to get someone better than this kid. Or we can continue relying on people like Gervinho as starters and achieve nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom