• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wilfried Zaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
Was that supposed to be a trick question?

I haven't been impressed when I've seen him, if he is the Theo replacement we're going nowhere.

Glovegun

Established Member
He's a bit erratic and still very raw but Zaha has serious potential. Physically he's got it all, searing pace and nudging six foot, and he's got this Defoe-like ability to hit the target regardless of which way his body is going. I'd love him here.

The thing is that we're pretty well stocked for pacy forwards with Walcott, Gervinho, Chamberlain and Gnabry now as well. What we really need is someone who can play through the middle - someone with good movement who can finish and lead the line.

moonpig1981

Glovegun said:
He's a bit erratic and still very raw but Zaha has serious potential. Physically he's got it all, searing pace and nudging six foot, and he's got this Defoe-like ability to hit the target regardless of which way his body is going. I'd love him here.

The thing is that we're pretty well stocked for pacy forwards with Walcott, Gervinho, Chamberlain and Gnabry now as well. What we really need is someone who can play through the middle - someone with good movement who can finish and lead the line.

Like ya post do you not think that wenger is thinking that walcott is going and another way of looking at it is chambo might play in the middle before long so there would be space for zaha to player on the wings I think this deal will go through seems to be alot of hype about it.

dpt49

Established Member
I'm pretty sure this is going to happen.
Walcott out and Zaha as his replacement.

It's not good enough for Arsenal to be replacing top quality players with inexperienced players from an inferior league.
But we have done it with Nasri, Clichy Cesc, RVP, and didn't even bother replacing Song, so I don't see any reason to suppose the same situation will happen with Walcott.

Getting rid of world class players and then taking a punt on a cheap alternative is not something an ambitious club does.
That is why we are in the mess we are in.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
From a journalist on twitter:

"Zaha playing as if he's been parachuted in for the day from a team at top of the BPL. Championship has never seen a winger with his talent."

Never seen him play, but he sounds promising..

dpt49

Established Member
krengon said:
From a journalist on twitter:

"Zaha playing as if he's been parachuted in for the day from a team at top of the BPL. Championship has never seen a winger with his talent."

Never seen him play, but he sounds promising..
A journalist on twitter.
That's almost an oxymoron :wink:

iced22

Please don't tell me we're seriously expecting a rookie from the Championship to be our savior.

Who gives a **** about future talent right now, we can't even sort out our present situation. Someone far more established and far better than this kid, please.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
iced22 said:
Please don't tell me we're seriously expecting a rookie from the Championship to be our savior.

Who gives a **** about future talent right now, we can't even sort out our present situation. Someone far more established and far better than this kid, please.

Buying an established centre half, goalkeeper, or central midfielder I can understand. Even a centre forward. However, if you are going to go for a player who has pace and skill with the intent in beating his man then I think it will always be a gamble. Good wingers or pacey strikers are usually a risk and are usually young. Now I would take Zaha over a Spanish winger because he won't need to adjust to the premiership. The championship is just as physical if not more. The pace of the game is also similar. He has played against Man Utd and impressed so it is not as if he is mentally not strong enough. He also has raw physical power and pace. If we let Walcott go, we would lose his finishing ability and pace, but what you gain in Zaha is skill and workrate.

I believe Zaha would be a success. Walcott would have signed by now if he wanted to stay, so maybe we need to just move on yet again.

Maybe we should just concede and do a Nani/Walcott swap deal and still buy Zaha.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I managed watching his game against Millwall. I realize why the fuss surrounding this youngster. Physically, he seems ready for the Premership level. Yet he needs good coaching to further development. He can easily beat any Championship defender in 1v1 situation. His trickery is contributed by his good balance, fast initial acceleration, and quick lateral movement. He looks like a constant threat when in the final third. He may look like over-complicating his movement, but actually his style is quite simplistic when on the ball - one feint, then sprint away or place the ball where defenders find it hard to turn to.

He would be a good addition if being priced at AOC's purchased price. Like any talented youngsters, his performance is often in patches but lots of potential from him.

mo50

Established Member
iced22 said:

We have to accept that, due to a combination of factors we'll never sign established world class talent on a consistent basis. We may get lucky and sign someone under the radar like Cazorla, but to think we'll go out and spend 30m to bring in a top class player that a whole host of clubs are bidding for is unrealistic.

Signing established 25 year olds that are talented but not at that elite level won't ever get us anywhere. They may prove good squad options but you'll never build a trophy winning team from the 10-15m price range. The more Zaha's we sign the more likely we are to produce a top player. I say bring in as many as these kids that are on the cusp that we can.

We ain't challenging for the title any time soon anyway. We might as well give kids with the potential to be world beaters game time and hope they can stick together.

Sam the Duck

GDeep said:
I rather Zaha than bargain basement established players like Podolski.

Rather an unproven and raw Championship player than an established international who scored plenty of goals at the highest level?

Last year many fans and the press were going mad because Wenger didn't make Chamberlain a starter which totally puzzled me because he was extremely average apart from three games.

Now they seem to finally accept that Chamberlain is not ready and instead pick a Championship player who scored 4 goals in 12 games and 6 goals in 41 games last season as their savior.

He's another player for the future but don't expect him to make a positive impact on our current season.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
GDeep said:
I rather Zaha than bargain basement established players like Podolski.

Are you including Arteta and Sagna in this category as well? Would rather Zaha as a wide forward but Podolski ****s all over him as a centre forward.

Also i'd prefer to keep an established player like Theo to be honest. I wouldn't mind Zaha but he's a squad player at best.

truth_hurts

Seems like we're trying to do a Dortmund but ultimately forgetting that the Premier League is of a higher standard to the Bundesliga. We can't fill out our team with talented youngsters and hidden gems and expect to compete in this league.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Haven't seen alot of him but could he play in a similar way that Helb did for us in how he draws away players and creates space?

truth_hurts

Penn_ said:
Haven't seen alot of him but could he play in a similar way that Helb did for us in how he draws away players and creates space?

Completely different style of player. He does draw opposition players in but will run at them rather than spin and play the ball into space.

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
Think we should take a punt on this lad has alot of raw potentia, could become something special and hes a fan which is a plus .

GDeep™

League is very weak
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/arsenal-transfer-news-Arsène-wenger-1431563" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... er-1431563</a>

Zaha is one I can defo see a bid for, the rest im not sure about.

ferrarif50hunt

Established Member
Mate of mine is an avid Cardiff City fan so he watches a lot of Championship football, and he's told me that Zaha is the best player in the Championship by some distance in his opinion.

Never seen him play myself, but my friend telling me that and the fact that he's just been called up to the England squad makes me rather excited about the prospect of getting him.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Think there will be competition for him, and an England call up has probably increased his value.

Different situation to Walcott and Ox, Zaha has nearly 100 appearances in a tough league over 2 years, Walcott had 20, Ox 35, Zaha is on another level in terms of his development, he can come in and play straight away.

My gut feeling says he'll end up elsewhere, Palace will want big money, 12-15M, min.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom