• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wilfried Zaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunner-Union

Auba down the middle with zaha one side and Nelson the other with saka and ameachi getting time on the wings as rotation. 4-3-3 with a mid of torreira, cm, cm or xhaka if he’s still here though I’d like 2 b2b mids who are athletic. And a new cb

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
40M yep definitely not getting him then. 40m plus Chambers and Nelson they might accept but I don't want us to lose talented player like Nelson

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Mhm offering Jenkinson to sweeten the deal? Player on 45k a week with 1 year on his contract.......real sweetner. No wonder the sun doesnt credit a "journalist" :p
Mentioning trading Nelson is excellent click bait for Arsenal fans.

You don't think they'd want Jenkinson to battle Wan-Bissaka for the starting right back job? :p

You know, I've often thought of trying my hand at fiction. Maybe I should apply for a job at the Sun. I could certainly make up more believable rumors than Jenkinson for a club that has Wan-Bissaka.

:rofl:

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Honestly interested in your opinion of the sun, is it where journalists go to die? I feel like 80% of this forum is more well informed.

One of my heroes of journalism was a Chicago newspaper columnist named Mike Royko. He worked for the Chicago Sun-Times, but quit the paper to work for the rival Chicago Tribune after Rupert Murdoch bought the Sun-Times in 1984 (thankfully Murdoch only owned it for two years). When Royko quit, he said "No self-respecting fish would want to be wrapped in a Murdoch paper." Murdoch has owned The Sun since 1969.

benjamin86

Established Member
One of my heroes of journalism was a Chicago newspaper columnist named Mike Royko. He worked for the Chicago Sun-Times, but quit the paper to work for the rival Chicago Tribune after Rupert Murdoch bought the Sun-Times in 1984 (thankfully Murdoch only owned it for two years). When Royko quit, he said "No self-respecting fish would want to be wrapped in a Murdoch paper." Murdoch has owned The Sun since 1969.
Yeah Murdoch run news plus all tabloids might as well be fictional (i liked to call tabloids the beano for adults). Trying to think of trust worthy newspapers...The Times and The Guardian? I know they both have proper journalists.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Yeah Murdoch run news plus all tabloids might as well be fictional (i liked to call tabloids the beano for adults). Trying to think of trust worthy newspapers...The Times and The Guardian? I know they both have proper journalists.

I check The Guardian just about every day for news (scanning their live feeds are a great way to catch up quickly). I don't see The Times much (if I'm not mistaken it's behind a paywall), but The Independent seems pretty good as well.

Of course football transfer coverage in the U.K. (especially among the tabloids) is something I hardly recognize as journalism. These unsourced rumors being promoted as "news" is something you rarely see in the United States. I would be ashamed to put my name to most of this stuff.

Here in the states, most newspapers still do a good job of covering news and sports accurately and fairly. They don't always get it right, but it's not the kind of mess you see on cable news or in the British tabloids (or Murdoch papers like the New York Post). But a lot of people confuse editorial content (columnists, op-eds and editorials) with news coverage, so they get confused because they're used to it all blending together like on TV. But even Murdoch's New York Post could not possibly get away with some of the crap that spews from The Sun.

benjamin86

Established Member
I check The Guardian just about every day for news (scanning their live feeds are a great way to catch up quickly). I don't see The Times much (if I'm not mistaken it's behind a paywall), but The Independent seems pretty good as well.

Of course football transfer coverage in the U.K. (especially among the tabloids) is something I hardly recognize as journalism. These unsourced rumors being promoted as "news" is something you rarely see in the United States. I would be ashamed to put my name to most of this stuff.

Here in the states, most newspapers still do a good job of covering news and sports accurately and fairly. They don't always get it right, but it's not the kind of mess you see on cable news or in the British tabloids (or Murdoch papers like the New York Post). But a lot of people confuse editorial content (columnists, op-eds and editorials) with news coverage, so they get confused because they're used to it all blending together like on TV. But even Murdoch's New York Post could not possibly get away with some of the crap that spews from The Sun.
I think we're reasonably good here (this forum) in discounting all redtops. (might as as well be quoting indy kaila) There are enough of us that know credible sources which is nice :)
(know as in it's a source we've read for awhile)

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
The Sun are a mess, but 40m plus Chambers on a permanent and Nelson on loan should get them thinking. If Zaha pushed for the move, it should have them more than thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom