• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wilfried Zaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Waiting till the end of the window, then offering half the asking price plus Carl Jenkinson is just great Arsenal banter. Fully expect it to happen.
Nah that will happen when ivan wenger big d**k law were here. Now things different with Raul.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Wan-Bissaka has already stated he'll be staying at Palace for next season. He'd be mad to go United in their current state.

He can get more experience whilst we get his mate Wilf Zaha this summer & he can join us next summer when we shift Bellerin off to Barca to make room for him.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Not too keen on this guy, especially for the quoted price I'd much rather get a different winger.

He does provide some qualities we're sorely lacking currently, but I doubt he would fit in the type of football I want to see us play (similar to current Ajax and Arsenal of a few years ago). The few times I've seen him play I thought he too often tried to take players on and I wonder if he would fit in a combination style play.

That said, for 40m + Jenk, I would be willing to give him a shot.

Malky

Established Member
At a reasonable price I'd be all for this, if that includes off loading Jenks, Chambers, Iwobi, whoever then so be it. Although I don't see why we'd include Nelson in the deal while holding onto Iwobi or Mkhi, guaranteed Nelson would be the more useful player for us next season, would like to see him get a chance here before we let him go.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
At a reasonable price I'd be all for this, if that includes off loading Jenks, Chambers, Iwobi, whoever then so be it. Although I don't see why we'd include Nelson in the deal while holding onto Iwobi or Mkhi, guaranteed Nelson would be the more useful player for us next season, would like to see him get a chance here before we let him go.
That's how you know it's rubbish.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Not too keen on this guy, especially for the quoted price I'd much rather get a different winger.

He does provide some qualities we're sorely lacking currently, but I doubt he would fit in the type of football I want to see us play (similar to current Ajax and Arsenal of a few years ago). The few times I've seen him play I thought he too often tried to take players on and I wonder if he would fit in a combination style play.

We have been lacking this for the entire season. He plays for Crystal Palace which is a team that plays direct. Who says he cant do combinations?

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I'm not saying he can't, I wouldn't say something so definitive when I haven't seen him play often enough.

I think I said he has qualities we're currently lacking, such as his dribbling ability. This has to be combined with an ability to play an intelligent passing game, and here I am uncertain if Zaha has those qualities.

African Flair

Nelson on loan for free though might be beneficial for three parties. But that is just a weak start when we have to cough up a **** ton of cash that the club apperently don't have.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes

Still sad we did not net Mahrez back then. He combines those things we could get with Zaha, whilst also beeing quite many-faceted in what he brings too the table.

He isn't even a main man for City.
Should've come here instead and be a star.

I just miss somebody that gives me goosebumps the very moment he gets the ball.

Amaechi, Saka, maybe Nelson could be that guy.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Think we’ll get Wilf late on in the window tbh.

Looks like Palace are pricing everyone out at the minute to try and get him to put a transfer request in and hand over his loyalty bonus.

Once that whole dance is over, think he’ll go for less than 80M.

He really has limited his options with that contract extension last year though, can’t blame him, he’s chosen financial security over top level football.

Sapient Hawk

Trusted ⭐

Think we’ll get Wilf late on in the window tbh.

Looks like Palace are pricing everyone out at the minute to try and get him to put a transfer request in and hand over his loyalty bonus.

Once that whole dance is over, think he’ll go for less than 80M.

He really has limited his options with that contract extension last year though, can’t blame him, he’s chosen financial security over top level football.

Any footballer with a brain would do so playing for Palace. I certainly hope he ends up here as he'll be another attacking outlet &, terrorize defenses. Also, it woild be quite beneficial to us if he has a few words with Wan-Bissaka to sit tight & join him at N5 the following summer.

Sapient Hawk

Trusted ⭐

As much as I'd love him here £100 million is £40 million too much. I sympathize with Palace & understand they're valuing him at what their tenure in the Premier League might cost them.

Best to resolve some of our other problem areas & come back to this next summer when he'll be relatively cheaper with a year shaved off his contract.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
The club have said they need to be clever in the market. Spending £60m on Zaha isn't being clever in the market.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Zaha is so incredibly overrated, I will laugh at whichever team bites at those ridiculous prices.

Reminds me of the Milinkovic-Savic hype job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom