• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wilfried Zaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Bielik makes a lot of sense for them. Potential to become a £20-30m player with exposure to top flight football.

Jenko, nenny and beliek plus money on top.

Not being good enough for The Arsenal shouldn't rule these players out for palace.

ClubLevel

That's why cash+player(s) or player swaps aren't common. Too many seperate interests to align. Also imagine how hard it is to agree on one player's value, now try to agree on the value of 2 or more. Extremely complicated transfers.

As fans we entertain the idea because it somehow makes the deal look more doable. Besides then we get the chance to throw Mustafi into these hypothetical deals. Win win for everyone.

Can we not do it as a separate deal? Sign Zaha for £70m and then sell Chambers for £20m?

If we are really clever we could pay the £70m in 5 year instalments & ask Palace to pay us £20m up front for Chambers giving us instant cash in this window. Feels like a dodgy money laundering deal Raul would get behind.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
just imagine us spending 70m on Zaha and fail to qualify for CL
what a summer that would be next year
If we spend £70m on Zaha the club has gone completely certifiably demented.

Klopp showed us the way. He saw his defence was a shambles and totally invested in it . . keeper, CB and DM . . £150m+. It locked the defence up as tight as a duck’s arse.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Can we not do it as a separate deal? Sign Zaha for £70m and then sell Chambers for £20m?

If we are really clever we could pay the £70m in 5 year instalments & ask Palace to pay us £20m up front for Chambers giving us instant cash in this window. Feels like a dodgy money laundering deal Raul would get behind.

That would mean palace get £35M and Chambers because of united’s clause.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

Klopp showed us the way. He saw his defence was a shambles and totally invested in it . . keeper, CB and DM . . £150m+. It locked the defence up as tight as a duck’s arse.

These comments annoy the life out of me.

Klopp showed us the way indeed, when he came in he bought the attackers he needed before investing heavily in the defence. He waited before they were in the CL and doing well to do so.

We are at where Liverpool were at when they signed Robbo and Mane. We’re going down a similar path with Tierney and Zaha/Soares.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
I dunno man. Yea he had a decent season at Fulham, but is he going go make it long term? Can't see it.

Would rather use him as a bargaining chip to get in a wide player we desperately need than either hold onto him or sell him for inevitable peanuts.

I still have high hopes that he can become atleast a solid player for us. I prefer to keep him. I feel Zaha can make such a difference to our team that I'm reluctantly willing to include Chambers in the deal if that's what Palace want, if that helps us get it over the line.

ClubLevel

That would mean palace get £35M and Chambers because of united’s clause.

Good point. It's the Man Utd clause thats the problem, in the sense of the high fee Palace are asking.

Talking of player swaps, Mkhitarian might be worth trying to part exchange (wages being the only issue). Gets him off our wages bill and despite never really making it at ours he could do well at Palace.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member

For Palace it is better they get a player plus cash, that way they have to pay less to United. The problem is if we aren't willing to offer them the players they want or if they don't want the ones we are offering them.

Also Palace would never agree to pay us 20m up front, while we take our time to pay them. they are gaining no benefit from such deal.

thierrytheking14

I still have high hopes that he can become atleast a solid player for us. I prefer to keep him. I feel Zaha can make such a difference to our team that I'm reluctantly willing to include Chambers in the deal if that's what Palace want, if that helps us get it over the line.
What role do you see him playing for us?

At RB he doesn't have the pace. Still have nightmares of that Swansea game.

CB don't think he has the height or physical presence.

Only place I possibly could see him being useful for is is sitting in front of the back four with 2 more advanced CMs in front of him as he did for Fulham last year.

Still think we're better cutting our losses and getting as much outta him in regards to a potential swap deal with Wilf. When money's tight, some people are gonna get cut. My money's on Calum.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
These comments annoy the life out of me.

Klopp showed us the way indeed, when he came in he bought the attackers he needed before investing heavily in the defence. He waited before they were in the CL and doing well to do so.

We are at where Liverpool were at when they signed Robbo and Mane. We’re going down a similar path with Tierney and Zaha/Soares.
‘Another superb attack by Arsenal, they look the real deal up front. Villa boot the ball up field to Davis. Oh no, a rash challenge from Mustafi, and it’s a penalty. All that good work undone. This really has become the hallmark of Arsenal over the last few years.’ :lol:

It’ll end in tears.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
What role do you see him playing for us?

At RB he doesn't have the pace. Still have nightmares of that Swansea game.

CB don't think he has the height or physical presence.

Only place I possibly could see him being useful for is is sitting in front of the back four with 2 more advanced CMs in front of him as he did for Fulham last year.

Still think we're better cutting our losses and getting as much outta him in regards to a potential swap deal with Wilf. When money's tight, some people are gonna get cut. My money's on Calum.

CB. The season before last he had a run of games in that position and did really well. I remember at one point he was being considerated as our best defender.

His versatility is a big plus too. At RB yes he is a bit slow but he has good postional awareness and I feel he doesn't get caught out of position too often. Actually to be honest I would prefer him at RB than AMN. Really not convinced by AMN, his positioning is really bad (after all he is a midfielder), coupled that with a bad first touch and not enough aggression he is a weak point that opposition target. So I wouldn't mind to try Chambers there.

Still if sacrificing him meant we could get Zaha I would do it.

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

...I see

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
‘Another superb attack by Arsenal, they look the real deal up front. Villa boot the ball up field to Davis. Oh no, a rash challenge from Mustafi, and it’s a penalty. All that good work undone. This really has become the hallmark of Arsenal over the last few years.’ :lol:

It’ll end in tears.

Liverpool had this many times with Mignolet and Lovren. They plugged the problem properly when they could afford to do so instead of buying pointless stop gaps.

Luckily we have a top keeper, right back, hopefully soon left back in Tierney, Saliba next season and then we just need to add someone of the Upamecano ilk when we get back into the CL.

Next summer we’ll go heavy for a CB to pair with Saliba.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️

Disagree. Cost difference is there with the keepers and DM. Take that money and get those wingers. Zaha is worth it for us because of what he’ll offer. Teams will fundamentally change their approach when playing us.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Yeah after he made a CL final with the best attack in the world.

Feel for you bro, another summer where you won’t get what you want. Many tears.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Not trying to be disrespectful to the rest of your post but that right there is where I'm at. Not vehemently against Chambers, but I'd let him go in a heartbeat if it got us a reasonable Zaha deal.

Right now I would sacrifice half the team to get Zaha in. I would even include gunnersaurus.

Think I finally caught the dreaded transfer disease. Ashamed of myself!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom