• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wilfried Zaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
If we spend £70m on Zaha the club has gone completely certifiably demented.

Klopp showed us the way. He saw his defence was a shambles and totally invested in it . . keeper, CB and DM . . £150m+. It locked the defence up as tight as a duck’s arse.

Klopp is actually the wrong example to use mate. He build from the front to the back. Bought players like Mane and Salah, only after he sorted out his attack did he go for big signings in defence and GK.

It makes sense. Good attack will help you by and large dispatch off the smaller teams, but without a good defence you won't be challenging for the big prizes.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Liverpool had this many times with Mignolet and Lovren. They plugged the problem properly when they could afford to do so instead of buying pointless stop gaps.

Luckily we have a top keeper, right back, hopefully soon left back in Tierney, Saliba next season and then we just need to add someone of the Upamecano ilk when we get back into the CL.

Next summer we’ll go heavy for a CB to pair with Saliba.
Emery won’t be in a job unless he sorts out a CB, DM and LB this window. And not another young CB who’s going out on loan.

You can all get your **** socks out for an exciting winger but at the end of the day deep down we all know how it will end if we throw big bucks of our limited resources at our front line yet again.

Last edited:

ArtetaCognition

Granit Xhaka Enthusiast

To be fair... he called Zaha back in May before the final. His Tierney shout is questionable but it was a couple of weeks ago when everybody thought it was dead.

I've been calling this guy a fraud on here for 6 years (had a previous account). He has linked us with everyone from Benzema (well known) to Pogba (mostly deleted but still remnants of his tweets), Di Maria (tweets still there), Torres (all deleted), Ribery... the list goes on.

He's a fraud mate. One lucky stab about a player who we were being loosely linked with anyway doesn't excuse 7 years of bullshit. He should be banned from these threads tbh

Alkane

From a couple pages ago but isn’t that AFCCamden a complete fraud. If I remember correctly didn’t he gas up some mega offer last summer for an unnamed player that he later claimed to be Reus or Greizemann (can’t remember which)

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

From a couple pages ago but isn’t that AFCCamden a complete fraud. If I remember correctly didn’t he gas up some mega offer last summer for an unnamed player that he later claimed to be Reus or Greizemann (can’t remember which)

The thing with being ITK is it's the perfect hiding place for the attention seeker.

Football transfers are so fragile that I bet every club has a million "we could have signed Ronaldo etc stories" not just Wenger.

So if someone is ITK but jumps the gun and transfer doesn't happen they get called a fraud. Likewise someone who's just an attention seeker and making stuff up, can hide here and say things just fell through.

People are adamant AFCamden is the latter but I actually think he's both.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
We are such a small club. Spend the money on Zaha. He wants to come and Palace will have to sell if a decent fee comes in. You've got teams like Everton and Leicester out spending us.

50m cash and Nelson on loan would probably get this done.

Dj_sds -

Klopp showed us the way. He saw his defence was a shambles and totally invested in it . . keeper, CB and DM . . £150m+. It locked the defence up as tight as a duck’s arse.

Doesn't matter, our squad cost will go up and you and I both know that's all that matters.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀

Liverpool's best defence included TAA from the youth team, Joe Gomez a 3.5m buy from Charlton and Robertson a 7m buy.

Yes they invested a lot on Van Dijk, Allison and Fabinho but they got way overpaid for Coutinho and that enabled the signings to happen.

Now if someone handed us 130m for 1 player that would certainly make it easier for us to sign 2 or 3 new players that would make the difference but that won't happen.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Yes they invested a lot on Van Dijk, Allison and Fabinho but they got way overpaid for Coutinho and that enabled the signings to happen.
Isn't that exactly the point. We're losing players on frees and Liverpool bag 130 for an overated *****... We're failing all round in the market currently in comparison.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Doesn't matter, our squad cost will go up and you and I both know that's all that matters.
Yeah from £428 to £498 still with more holes than a colander. How does that compare to City’s £900+ with no holes?

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Liverpool's best defence included TAA from the youth team, Joe Gomez a 3.5m buy from Charlton and Robertson a 7m buy.

Now if someone handed us 130m for 1 player that would certainly make it easier for us to sign 2 or 3 new players that would make the difference but that won't happen.
I’ll give you that. But we already have a half decent goalie. £70m on a world class CB instead of a winger would be a start.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Isn't that exactly the point. We're losing players on frees and Liverpool bag 130 for an overated *****... We're failing all round in the market currently in comparison.

The problem is we don't have any players worth that kind of money. We aren't signing the right players and them improving.

All our players go down in value. Allison/Van Dijk/Fabinho/Salah all worth more. Even after this season Origi would probably go for 20m.

Pogba has been shocking for United and they would recoup more. They are almost getting their money back for Lukaku who hasn't been great.

Sp**s for 22m for Trippier. Who had a bad season and apart from one or two free kicks was poor overall both in attack and defence.

So there's a huge problem at this club. We never make much on players. The last few big ones I can think of was Overmars and Anelka.

That's why I'm so for bringing in the youth. We can't buy the talent required to challenge anymore.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I don’t think ***** will ever get old for me lmao.

My mates and I have been using it as our go to insult for years now so to come back to A-M after a mini hiatus and see everyone dropping ***** bombs has made my summer. :lol:
Was a good bit of nostalgia for me to see it on here as we used it serially in our youth too.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
The problem is we don't have any players worth that kind of money. We aren't signing the right players and them improving.

So there's a huge problem at this club. We never make much on players. The last few big ones I can think of was Overmars and Anelka.

Only partly true. We should have been capitalising on players like Ramsey and Wilshere more. We've let decent players go for peanuts in the last decade but it isn't because they haven't improved at all. Perhaps not as much as we had hoped but still they were worth more than when we purchased but we failed to tie them down contractually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom