• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wilfried Zaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
What are your opinions on Zaha?
Dynamic, exciting but probably not as good as we've made him during our games against him, ffs.
Would he take us up a level? Given the current wide options, obviously. So worth buying definitely. The figures involved though mean i can't see it happening even with player swaps.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Asked about the situation on Friday night, Hodgson said: "He has not spoken to me. I don't know if he's spoken to the club [asking to leave].

"As far as I'm concerned, he is coming back, he is our player and I've been given no information that the club is interested in selling him at the moment.

"I'm just expecting him back, looking forward to working with him and seeing some of the things he can do for us.

"I think he has got another 10 days or another week of holiday. I think he is back after we play Bristol City and before we play Hertha Berlin - that gives him his three weeks off.

"If he wants to come back earlier we will be very happy to see him."

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
If he is our no.1 target just ****ing get on with it now. No ****ing around, make your final offer and be done with it.

Malky

Established Member
They’re getting carried away because it’s clearly a position we lack in and Zaha will bring something that we haven’t had for years. The gulf in class between Zaha and the likes of Mkhitaryan/Iwobi is another reason why the fans are getting carried away.

If you’re still not convinced then I suggest you rewatch the Liverpool vs Palace game last season at Anfield. Zaha was a nuisance that game and Liverpool (arguably the best defence in the PL) had problems containing him. Klopp had to adjust his tactics to double up on him and they resorted to kicking him off the pitch. Anfield was the same place that we got sp*nked 5-1.
At no point did I try and make out like Zaha is a bad player or I didn't want him here, you actually quoted me saying " it'll be exciting to have a direct winger like Zaha again " and it will be, he'll bring a lot to our attack with the qualities he has. However, you've also proved my other point about over valuing his ability by mentioning the Liverpool result at Anfield - we got torn apart, in what way would Zaha make a difference in that result? Our defense and midfield were the problem that day, they basically didn't turn up. Zaha alone wouldn't of changed anything.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
We are missing a dribbler on the wings since Sanchez moved on we need a player just like Zaha not for the mentioned 80 million but if we might get him for 50 we should sign him.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Just read the quotes by Woy. How can you not know if he’s spoken to the club or not about leaving? You’re the manager surely these things get relayed to you on the daily.

Bizarre. Anyway, so he’s off holiday on the 1st of August. Nothing will change until we make a new offer.

Palace aren’t stupid they’ll have players lined up and ready if Zaha does go.

I’m still confident we can do this for 55m + add ons.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

At no point did I try and make out like Zaha is a bad player or I didn't want him here, you actually quoted me saying " it'll be exciting to have a direct winger like Zaha again " and it will be, he'll bring a lot to our attack with the qualities he has. However, you've also proved my other point about over valuing his ability by mentioning the Liverpool result at Anfield - we got torn apart, in what way would Zaha make a difference in that result? Our defense and midfield were the problem that day, they basically didn't turn up. Zaha alone wouldn't of changed anything.
Check my other post as I have already clarified why Zaha would make a difference in such a game. I don’t have to repeat myself again.

GunnerUK

3 years on his contract still. Damn.

If we get him he’ll cost a fortune let’s not forget Palace have to give 25% of whatever transfer fee to Manchester Utd.

No way we getting him for less then £60Mil

parishioner

Croydon's GDeep
Woy's eyes look glassy asf. Probably been crying all night and day.

Roy’s an experienced manager and Palace don’t parade their business for the benefit of the Media. Roy says Wilf is due back at 10.00 on such and such a date - cue massive media presence all wanting to report a no-show.
Of course Roy knows exactly what’s going on, he just chooses to be imprecise.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Roy’s an experienced manager and Palace don’t parade their business for the benefit of the Media. Roy says Wilf is due back at 10.00 on such and such a date - cue massive media presence all wanting to report a no-show.
Of course Roy knows exactly what’s going on, he just chooses to be imprecise.

New development in the players we willing to include. Would you take cash+Kos?

We kinda in the same situation. Let's exchange our 'loyal legends'. Everyone wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom