• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wilfried Zaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Iwobi has great future here and his value will only increase if we keep him.

Agree, IF PLAYED AS A CM, he's a force. Never was a winger in the first place.

Willock - Iwobi - Ceballos
Xhaka - Iwobi - Ceballos
Torreira - Iwobi - Ceballos

It's not necessarily an all dominating in position kinda CM setup, but it's nice in transition. Iwobi is great in going past 1-2 players on the counter, he only slows down in the final third where he usually sucks.

With Zaha on the wing added, this would be a really nice setup as shown by Klopp's Liverpool that basically had an okay'sh midfield in terms of technical and passing ability, but perfect for transition and with a dynamic edge.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Personally I think we could get £25m max, he has too many errors in his game, like when he does all those step overs and then loses it. He sometimes looks the part but its rare. I would happily give Palace Chambers + Iwobi + £30 to £40m for Zaha.

Iwobi is infinitely more proven than Ryan Fraser, who is being quoted at 25m plus with a year left. Demarey Gray would go for around 40m and he's done nothing to the level Iwobi has. You have kids like Daniel James going for 15m from the championship.

Iwobi is the main main for a top African team an is coming of the back of his best season, topped of with a goal in a European final. he's young, homegrown and clearly fights for the badge. In addition he can cover 3 or 4 positions well.

I think the dislike towards him peculiar.

I'd want him as part of a midfield 3. Zaha joining shouldn't affect Iwobi' chances of becoming a starter here.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Agree, IF PLAYED AS A CM, he's a force. Never was a winger in the first place.

Willock - Iwobi - Ceballos
Xhaka - Iwobi - Ceballos
Torreira - Iwobi - Ceballos

It's not necessarily an all dominating in position kinda CM setup, but it's nice in transition. Iwobi is great in going past 1-2 players on the counter, he only slows down in the final third where he usually sucks.

With Zaha on the wing added, this would be a really nice setup as shown by Klopp's Liverpool that basically had an okay'sh midfield in terms of technical and passing ability, but perfect for transition and with a dynamic edge.

Agree. The bolded line up doesn't look amazing on paper, but would be so functional. Iwobi is as strong as f***, good touch and dribbling ability. Him, Ceballos and Torreria and we suddenly have some technical ability in midfield as well as pace and graft. Torrieria can press and 'bite', Ceballos link play and start attacks and Iwobi carry the ball.

If we can buy a better version of Iwobi then fair enough, but there are many more players I'd flog before him, especially to a bum team like Palace.

Anyhow this is the ZAha topic.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Iwobi is infinitely more proven than Ryan Fraser, who is being quoted at 25m plus with a year left. Demarey Gray would go for around 40m and he's done nothing to the level Iwobi has. You have kids like Daniel James going for 15m from the championship.

Iwobi is the main main for a top African team an is coming of the back of his best season, topped of with a goal in a European final. he's young, homegrown and clearly fights for the badge. In addition he can cover 3 or 4 positions well.

I think the dislike towards him peculiar.

I'd want him as part of a midfield 3. Zaha joining shouldn't affect Iwobi' chances of becoming a starter here.

Its not a dislike from me, I just don't feel he's a good enough player. It will be interesting to see if any clubs come sniffing around.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Agree. The bolded line up doesn't look amazing on paper, but would be so functional. Iwobi is as strong as f***, good touch and dribbling ability. Him, Ceballos and Torreria and we suddenly have some technical ability in midfield as well as pace and graft. Torrieria can press and 'bite', Ceballos link play and start attacks and Iwobi carry the ball.

If we can buy a better version of Iwobi then fair enough, but there are many more players I'd flog before him, especially to a bum team like Palace.

Anyhow this is the ZAha topic.

Yes, but it's linked to Zaha. If you've got a devastating attack triplet in front of you, you want to give the ball back to them as soon as you can when recovering posession.

That's what basically happened with Liverpool to perfection especially in 2017/18. They added a bit more quality last season, evolving a bit, but it's mostly still about creating a fast track link from defense to attack.

parishioner

Croydon's GDeep
Personally I think we could get £25m max, he has too many errors in his game, like when he does all those step overs and then loses it. He sometimes looks the part but its rare. I would happily give Palace Chambers + Iwobi + £30 to £40m for Zaha.

If it goes to the wire, something like this and a loan of Nelson or ESR might present a packaged solution to Palace not having time to go into the market . But horrendously complex to get buy in from all the players involved.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
If it goes to the wire, something like this and a loan of Nelson or ESR might present a packaged solution to Palace not having time to go into the market . But horrendously complex to get buy in from all the players involved.

Why stop there? We’ll throw in Lacazette and Torreira as well.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
He played plenty last season, has he improved as a player? Has his value risen? My view is that he's not good enough for us and has had plenty of chances to prove his value to us. Sell if we get Zaha.

His value won’t decline in the near future regardless of his status here, that was the point.

Personally I still think he has great future here he’s doing too many things right to be a failure it just have to click for him.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐

Is this legit?

Edit - just read the article that came from and it links to the Zaha story from a few day ago where Kaveh said he told them he wants to leave. I doubt that was an official transfer request.

Let's play Aubamawang

I would happily replace Iwobi with Zaha. And I would not play Iwobi or AMN in cm. Neither of them appears to have a footballing brain. Showing up against teams in AFCON is not the same as doing so in the PL. He can get away with a central role there, but giving him the ball in those positions will just lead to him giving the ball away more and making it even easier than it already is to cut right through our midfield.

At least with Zaha or Everton on the wing we could get some excitement going during games. Get the fans off their arses chanting. Right now people are feeling apathetic and it's not hard to see why. Iwobi will beat one guy then hold up play. We need someone more dynamic than that. And his mentality says a lot about why we need an upgrade to begin with.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Why stop there? We’ll throw in Lacazette and Torreira as well.

But they both have a use ;)

My point is, Arsenal with Zaha is a far better team than Arsenal with Chambers & Iwobi. You can argue that for as long as you like but I will still be right! Tbh I cant imagine Iwobi agreeing to go to Palace anyway.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
i don't think he really did if that's so many journalists and reliable people would report this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom