• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wilfried Zaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iceman10

Established Member
55m guaranteed cash should be enough with players going the other way. Crystal Palace still with an unrealistic valuation (IMO), and iirc players going the other way would be good for them because there is no share out of that taken for the Man United sell-on clause. Makes the rumour seem a bit suspect, but if that is the position Palace is dug into then Zaha will have to do more to force the issue.

Edit:
On reading the rumor posted by Yousif again, it depends actually on whether the 55m is before or after add-ons. May have read it wrong.

Last edited:

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Nelson on loan as the second coming of Zaha returning a ready-made player alongside Jenks as the future captain of Crystal Palace - you'd love to see it !

parishioner

Croydon's GDeep
55m guaranteed cash should be enough with players going the other way. Crystal Palace still with an unrealistic valuation (IMO), and iirc players going the other way would be good for them because there is no share out of that taken for the Man United sell-on clause. Makes the rumour seem a bit suspect, but if that is the position Palace is dug into then Zaha will have to do more to force the issue.

Players exchanged would be valued at cash equivalent. MUFC sell-on clause is, however, believed to be capped at £15m. Best to assume that any cash available to Palace in year one will be reduced by £15m. So player(s) plus £60m cash in three yearly instalments would leave Palace with £5m cash to fund a replacement.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Players exchanged would be valued at cash equivalent. MUFC sell-on clause is, however, believed to be capped at £15m. Best to assume that any cash available to Palace in year one will be reduced by £15m. So player(s) plus £60m cash in three yearly instalments would leave Palace with £5m cash to fund a replacement.

Not how it works, you'd also look to do a deal through instalments and you also have AWB money.

Iceman10

Established Member

ok, thanks for that Parish. In addition, I might have read the rumour wrong. It could be an offer of 45m + 10m add-ons + players, not 55m before the rest. If so then there is still room to work something realistic out, IMO.

parishioner

Croydon's GDeep
I was talking about you having £5M cash to find a replacement.

MUFC will want their cut in cash straight away. So where your first year cash instalment offer would be £20m that's exactly what the situation would be - £5m cash to spend. Anything else relies on Palace negotiating instalments - not so easy as you are finding out with Tierney (first offer 35 days ago and deal still not done).

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
One might as well say Arsenal also have £200m sitting in the bank squirrelled away by Wenger. Most of the AWB money will go to cover trading loss for last year - wont be spent on players.

Interesting. Well in any case Jenkinson + Nelson with £20M up front should work well for you. You can comfortably buy a 15-30M replacement.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Expect big progress this week. By Wednesday actually but could drag onto Friday from what I'm hearing.

Failing that we'll definitely have an update by August but there's a chance it could be too little to late by then. Will keep you guys updated.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Expect big progress this week. By Wednesday actually but could drag onto Friday from what I'm hearing.

Failing that we'll definitely have an update by August but there's a chance it could be too little to late by then. Will keep you guys updated.

Sauce?

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Sauce? I got loads of it.
Source? Can't tell you, could cost the fella his job.

Messing. But are you actually being serious :lol:

If it drags into August its not happening, its quite clear all our eggs are in the basket as well.

In fairness if the dude on the Palace forums info is also correct about Jenkinson signing for them this week it would be part of a Zaha deal if we can do it..

Malky

Established Member
Zaha tells Palace he wants to leave, we're dragging it out and we're still getting rinsed. Either pay what they want or move on.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Zaha tells Palace he wants to leave, we're dragging it out and we're still getting rinsed. Either pay what they want or move on.

Pay £80M? No way, they wanted £70M for AWB originally, deal was done at £45M + £5M add ons. We want the best possible deal here.

Malky

Established Member
Pay £80M? No way, they wanted £70M for AWB originally, deal was done at £45M + £5M add ons. We want the best possible deal here.
Exactly, part of the problem - they've got £50M for AWB, they've got money now, they don't need to sell Zaha on the cheap, it's not like his contract is ending anytime soon.
Our offer of £55M + a player on loan should be more than acceptable for Zaha, it's not like we're signing some Mbappe, Ronaldo or peak Bale level talent here.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Exactly, part of the problem - they've got £50M for AWB, they've got money now, they don't need to sell Zaha on the cheap, it's not like his contract is ending anytime soon.
Our offer of £55M + a player on loan should be more than acceptable for Zaha, it's not like we're signing some Mbappe, Ronaldo or peak Bale level talent here.

They had a £35m loss in their last financial results. They’re not exactly rolling in it.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
they don't need to sell Zaha on the cheap..
Our offer of £55M + a player on loan should be more than acceptable for Zaha
, .
:rolleyes:you don't even understand your own post never mind how this is working... In the same post you admit they don't need to sell cheap and then go on to explain how 55 is more than enough... Strange post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom