• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wilfried Zaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBF

You can tell who watches "Wilfried Zaha best skills 2017" videos here.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Zaha really isn't that great. I've looked at some of his recent performances and he really doesn't look much better than he used to. His dribbling is honestly overrated; he often loses the ball and even when he does manage to hold on to it, he isn't very productive with it afterward. His technique isn't great, and I don't think he would suit us let alone manage to play consistently well at our level. At best I feel he could work in a heavily structured role, which just won't happen under Wenger.

Mahrez would be much better, he's a proper good dribbler and furthermore has good end product and technique. We should be all over him imo.

I'd love Mahrez more than Zaha too. Don't understand why we didn't buy him in the summer to begin with.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
I like the tricks & **** as much as anyone but its the 7 goals / 11 assists last season in a low possession team that makes me want us to sign him.

He may not be elite class but nor are we or our wide player bar Alexis for the last 5 years... The vast majority dont even want to play in the position.

Roy today really sounds like Wilf could be off soon. :drool:

'I'm pretty sure the confidence he has today isn't going to evaporate whether he continues here or elsewhere,'

'We want that to be here, of course, and luckily we are in control of that situation.

'But if the day did come when Wilf decided, or the club decided, they'd be obliged to let him move onto the next Manchester United on the horizon, I'm sure he'll be in a better position to deal with it.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I like the tricks & **** as much as anyone but its the 7 goals / 11 assists last season in a low possession team that makes me want us to sign him.

He may not be elite class but nor are we or our wide player bar Alexis for the last 5 years... The vast majority dont even want to play in the position.

Roy today really sounds like Wilf could be off soon. :drool:

Yeah, his tricks aren't as impressive as the fact that he makes things happen and is very good at get past defenders, could get past any full-back in the world in a 1v1 situation. Always plays positively, drives at defenders and his final pass/end product is getting better too.

I think the idea that he's some sort of show pony is incredibly bizarre.

LG10

Lol everyone ****ting on him are going to be the ones that’ll criticize Wenger when he signs for Sp**s and kills it.

Fact is, full backs are absolutely terrified by him and despite being double marked every game he is still palaces leading scorer/creator. There will be less attention by opposition if he signed for us and I believe he would be great. We have no wingers that can dribble past a man which is scandalous in itself.

Yes if he is the only attacker we sign when Alexis leaves we’ll be in trouble. We need two new wide players/ forwards anyways.

Also don’t think we have any interest at all in Mahrez. If Özil goes maybe, but no way he’s coming if oz is still in the team.

Last edited:

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

He's a good player, said he was better than Ox a while ago and got laughed at. Mahrez would probably be better but Wenger has taken us to a place where we can't really turn our nose up at players like Zaha.

For the past few years we've either had the very productive Walcott who offers nothing elsewhere or guys like Ox and Iwobi who seem to amass about 5 goals/assists per season. Zaha's an improvement on that.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
I can't see Zaha in a top team breaking down defences with no space to operate.

But I can still see him doing more than Walcott or Welbeck in just TRYING to break down those top teams.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Fact is, full backs are absolutely terrified by him and despite being double marked every game he is still palaces leading scorer/creator. There will be less attention by opposition if he signed for us and I believe he would be great. We have no wingers that can dribble past a man which is scandalous in itself.

You do realize it is our manager who doesn't want our wingers to dribble past the man, do you? Send Iwobi to Crystal Palace and we'll see a very different player in him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom