• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wilfried Zaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Leno
AMN
Sokratis
Holding
Monreal.

That will be the defence opening game. Absolute poverty. We would be better forgetting about Zaha and begging the board to sign defenders for THIS season.

We desperately need a CB and LB to bolster that defence. A winger is also crucial in my opinion. Especially Zaha.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Key phrase in this article being "bidding war"

Everton aren't interested, according to their most reliable outlet for news. Its all a ploy.
Makes sense tbf. Only question remaining is what happened to Palace not wanting to sell.

If this is a ploy then it means they've accepted the player is leaving, this coulda actually happen.

Divided_Pie

Leno
AMN
Sokratis
Holding
Monreal.

That will be the defence opening game. Absolute poverty. We would be better forgetting about Zaha and begging the board to sign defenders for THIS season.

Bit optimistic tbh - Holding hasn't proven his fitness, and didn't AMN get dropped against Madrid due to an injury question?

Should probably switch them out for Chambers and Jenks. CL here we come!

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Leno
AMN
Sokratis
Holding
Monreal.

I would hope (though sadly not necessarily expect) that we wouldn't rush our most promising defender back from a cruciate injury due to our inability to get our affairs in order in a timely fashion. I don't want to see Holding until at least September.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
If it's

Leno
Jenkinson
Mustafi
Sokratis
Monreal

We may give up now. How can you see that and not think let's use one of the kids as a winger for now and sign some solid defenders. Serious lack of quality there.

parishioner

Croydon's GDeep
This story is all about the here and now for Arsenal and the future for Palace.

You need Zaha for your here and now.
He needs a crack at CL for his here and now.
Palace needs to construct a future without Zaha without killing our here and now.

You have players and fringe players who could contribute to both the here and now and the future for Palace.

In the here and now category I would place players like Iwobi and Chambers.
In the future category there are a whole raft of youngsters who could build a future at Palace on the basis of a buy-back clause and some we could give game time to on a one year or two year loan.

Surely it is not beyond the wit of both clubs to agree on the player component?

Your choice. Do you sacrifice some of your future for some of our here and now?

I think the case for your doing this is compelling. You cant afford another year out of CL.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
This story is all about the here and now for Arsenal and the future for Palace.

You need Zaha for your here and now.
He needs a crack at CL for his here and now.
Palace needs to construct a future without Zaha without killing our here and now.

You have players and fringe players who could contribute to both the here and now and the future for Palace.

In the here and now category I would place players like Iwobi and Chambers.
In the future category there are a whole raft of youngsters who could build a future at Palace on the basis of a buy-back clause and some we could give game time to on a one year or two year loan.

Surely it is not beyond the wit of both clubs to agree on the player component?

Your choice. Do you sacrifice some of your future for some of our here and now?

I think the case for your doing this is compelling. You cant afford another year out of CL.

Agree on this and I also think Iwobi/Chambers/Bielik would be huge additions on your side.

Also could imagine a 1-2 year's loan or a fair buyback clause on certain youngsters such that we can ensure we can get them back, if we really see them blossom.

But I would not entertain Willock, Nketiah to be included. They are ready-made.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
If it's

Leno
Jenkinson
Mustafi
Sokratis
Monreal

We may give up now. How can you see that and not think let's use one of the kids as a winger for now and sign some solid defenders. Serious lack of quality there.

Agree but Jenkinson is third choice and Mustafi seemingly is now back up to Chambers/Holding.

Leno
Bellerin
Holding
Sokratis
Tierney

Is how we will probably line up once window closes

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Nothing wrong with a meltdown @yousif_arsenal, happens to the best of us! But today is a new day and I'm feeling delicious.

Ceballos and Saliba announced today and I've heard our 3rd and final bid for Tierney has been accepted. Beautiful.

Don't forget the 60M bid we made for Zaha tonight!

parishioner

Croydon's GDeep
Agree on this and I also think Iwobi/Chambers/Bielik would be huge additions on your side.

Also could imagine a 1-2 year's loan or a fair buyback clause on certain youngsters such that we can ensure we can get them back, if we really see them blossom.

But I would not entertain Willock, Nketiah to be included. They are ready-made.

Willock has done well on your tour. But will he be getting regular game time with your improved midfield (Ceballos) and front line, including an Özil rejuvenated by having Zaha as an additional outlet? He would be a great candidate for a fair buy back arrangement as I think he would slot straight into the Palace midfield and be a regular starter.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Agree but Jenkinson is third choice and Mustafi seemingly is now back up to Chambers/Holding.

Leno
Bellerin
Holding
Sokratis
Tierney

Is how we will probably line up once window closes

Yes but for the first matches. Bellerin won't be playing until maybe October. As someone said above it is unlikely Holding will be back until September.

We haven't signed Tierney yet and if you do follow Arsenal you would know that Tierney hasn't kicked a ball in ages and is currently injured/recovering from injury so he won't be playing in August.

Imagine Jenkinson playing. Mustafi or Chambers whoever it is isn't good enough and I don't know why the board aren't pursuing defenders.

Read an article earlier saying Arsenal have spent so long pursuing Saliba for next year that they haven't even sorted their problems out for this year and it's true.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Watching this before a long day at work, can't wait to see him destroying defenders at the Emirates, going on the inside, taking players on the outside, taking on multiple defenders at once. Mustafi and Monreal will hate it.

Iceman10

Established Member
Watching this before a long day at work, can't wait to see him destroying defenders at the Emirates, going on the inside, taking players on the outside, taking on multiple defenders at once. Mustafi and Monreal will hate it.

Mustafi and Monreal will hate the video or you expect them to still be playing against him at the Emirates? Just checking if all is safe after the title of the thread was changed back. :confused:

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Zaha just needs to apply necessary pressure on Palace. In truth though, they managed to get 50m for a right back. Offering less for their star player is silly. The bid has to be at least Mahrez territory.

Kroenke and Emery have spoken about big signings to get excited about, so it's clearly Zaha incoming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom