• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wilfried Zaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

His value is as high as it's going to get, so I guess that's why they need to cash in now.

One year on, he may have had an average season due to him being unsettled, his contract is further along. His value will drop certainly.
If I were Palace I would not sell him, they are relegation candidates with him, without him I can't see them staying up.

WhatAFC

Chelsea have had 12 managers in the last 12 years. Why on earth would any player move there on the basis on not playing for them for the first 12 months? There would likely be a new manager who might not fancy you as a player and you’re then screwed.

The Chelsea rumours are such lazy journalism.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
This is not Palace talking it’s the agent trying desperately to put a bomb under Raul IMO

Agreed. Agent is trying everything. Realistically he couldn't put City, United or Liverpools names out there, all wouldn't want him. People would laugh it off as instant BS. But Chelsea next summer adding that Hazard has left so it could be viable. And Everton are things that people will and are believing.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
If Chelsea really are trying to do something here it could well be more about them trying to stop us from having the player because they know their CL qualification this season is under serious threat. Shouldn't be allowed, regardless. If it is there are issues with the design of the FFP sanctions.

We're not buying Zaha for 80m, and if he goes to Everton or Chelsea for that amount it is not big deal. He is not an 80m player.

Frankly, I would like to know how Palace fans feel in general regarding their club rumoured to be open to selling the player to Everton. Quite strange when they don't apparently need the money after the AWB sale. Even though Everton seem to be a club on the up I would think Palace fans might have had expectations from last season of getting up to compete with Everton for PL places this season.

Chelsea aren't under FFP sanctions. They were handed a transfer ban because they broke rules over signing under-18 players.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Chelsea have had 12 managers in the last 12 years. Why on earth would any player move there on the basis on not playing for them for the first 12 months? There would likely be a new manager who might not fancy you as a player and you’re then screwed.

The Chelsea rumours are such lazy journalism.

At Chelsea the manager has no say in transfers. Sarri didn't know they signed Pulisic when they did.

parishioner

Croydon's GDeep
Agreed. Agent is trying everything. Realistically he couldn't put City, United or Liverpools names out there, all wouldn't want him. People would laugh it off as instant BS. But Chelsea next summer adding that Hazard has left so it could be viable. And Everton are things that people will and are believing.

If anything the Chelsea rumour may have a Palace source. Suits us much better and Parish has a good relationship with Chelsea.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I suppose if it is the case its actually really clever from Wilf's agent. Find out what it'll take, 60m and a player(s) with a rough 70-80m value. Leak the most likely club that would bid that to the press. Arsenal now know exactly what's needed to push a deal.

Pinch of salt but Darren says we'll spend another 80m on two players. £60M on Wilf, £20M on Tierney. Anyone?

parishioner

Croydon's GDeep
I suppose if it is the case its actually really clever from Wilf's agent. Find out what it'll take, 60m and a player(s) with a rough 70-80m value. Leak the most likely club that would bid that to the press. Arsenal now know exactly what's needed to push a deal.

Pinch of salt but Darren says we'll spend another 80m on two players. £60M on Wilf, £20M on Tierney. Anyone?

Agree. Cash plus players = 80M has always been the deal if a CL club in London was ready to pay

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Agree. Cash plus players = 80M has always been the deal if a CL club in London was ready to pay

You reckon you'd take that deal closer to deadline day? I think we're biding our time for the right moment. Raul knows better than us, but when is the right time. Nketiah and Nelson loans would suit you guys perfectly.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Honestly not sure about Zaha to be that excited. Yes, he can beat defenders, and is exciting to watch..but he doesn’t seem to be consistent, and his end product is still a question mark for me. Has he ever scored 10 goals in a single season? For the amount of money being bandied around, I expect more. Would love him here given our winger options, but there’s only so much I would spend.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Honestly not sure about Zaha to be that excited. Yes, he can beat defenders, and is exciting to watch..but he doesn’t seem to be consistent, and his end product is still a question mark for me. Has he ever scored 10 goals in a single season? For the amount of money being bandied around, I expect more. Would love him here given our winger options, but there’s only so much I would spend.

Yes, last season.

WhatAFC

At Chelsea the manager has no say in transfers. Sarri didn't know they signed Pulisic when they did.
Pulisic was signed in January when sari was a dead man walking anyway. At any club, the manager will be consulted, might not have the final say but generally they’ll at least give the ok player profiles & a list of acceptable players.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I think people shouldn't look at what he does at Palace and then decide he has a ceiling. Palace are appalling with Hodgson as manager it's an absolute miracle he performed as well as he did last season. Like HSG said he scored 10 goals last season which is decent enough as a winger for an absolutely ****e team with mediocre players all round the team outwith Zaha and Wan Bissaka. I honestly feel he'd make a huge step up here. For starters he'll be playing with actual strikers to ease the goals responsibility. From a creative standpoint there'll be Ceballos, Özil and the likes. HOPEFULLY he'll have Tierney supporting him on his flank. I also feel that there's another level to come from Zaha and he can make it here.

GDeep™

League is very weak
How is Palace to Everton a sideways step? One is a traditional English giant club.

Palace are battling relegation while Everton have top 6 aspirations. It’s a step up.

parishioner

Croydon's GDeep
Biding your time is not a good strategy IMO as whilst Zaha’s agent will feel the heat of deadline day and a deal (and commission) slipping away, the opposite will apply to Parish. The closer the deadline gets, the stronger his case to Zaha to stay put for another year becomes. And the more opportunity Chelsea has to nip in and sabotage your pitch.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Biding your time is not a good strategy IMO as whilst Zaha’s agent will feel the heat of deadline day and a deal (and commission) slipping away, the opposite will apply to Parish. The closer the deadline gets, the stronger his case to Zaha to stay put for another year becomes. And the more opportunity Chelsea has to nip in and sabotage your pitch.

All about what happens now with the pressure Wilf puts on Palace with training and such. There will be a Woy press conference tomorrow so may find out more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom